Notices

Boost....then no boost.....??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Mike Jones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost....then no boost.....??

Ok, to start. D16z6 with HKS kit, (t25 w/internal gate)

W/G spring is giving me about 9.5-10psi, so naturally i bought a MBC. I actually bought a used Turbo XS Dual Stage. Hooked the first stage up about a month and a half ago and everything was fine. Once i hooked up the dual stage it seemed as if the first stage wasnt boosting as high as first installed but OK. So second stage added boost to first stage. Wonderful.

Well lately, i've only been spiking at about 10 psi, low boost and high. Also, my valvetrain is getting louder and i'm hearing kind of like an "exhaust/leaking air" type noise coming from around where i have my MBC mounted (In front of motor, in front of Cyl. 1). So i checked all my hoses and couplers today and sure enough one coupler was a little loose. Fixed it....test drive.....10psi still. Then, on the way home, the "exhaust" noise added a slight whistle to it.

I gotta borrow a compression tester before i can say if something internal is gone. Not sure if my valvetrain has ANYTHING to do with me being able to build boost. Could it be a defective MBC and i got suckered into buying a broke one?! I'm so confused

HELP! Sorry so long also....