Notices

BIG PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 BIG PROBLEM

Alright I put on a jrsc and finally and i had to convert the motor to multi port injection from dual port. now i dont know if the problem is in the injectors or the wires or the ecu or what. When i start it, it takes a second to get goin then it idles a little high and rough but it idles. After it runs for a minute or two gas starts seeping out between the head and the exhaust manifold. What could it be!? Ive checked the grounds and everything for the injector signal and it seemed to be alright. Ive narrowed it down to mainly the number three cylinder getting flooded with gas. I dont have an obd1 o2 sensor and didnt know if that would make it flood the cylinder. Ive gone through all the injector wiring and nothing came up. Tomorrow im going to pull out the injectors and turn the motor over and see if they do what there supposed to do. If you can think of anything that might be causing the prob. Please post it and quick. THANKS
Old 09-16-2009, 05:44 PM

Default Re: BIG PROBLEM

ANYBODY?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the #3 cyl is being flooded.........could this be ignition? its getting fuel.......i would check to see if you are getting spark at #3. could be a bad wire, cap, spark plug? or is ot possable that a injector is "stuck open"?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:20 AM

well i talked to some people and they said to check the continuity between the two injector wires and there shouldnt be any. I did that and there was so i replaced the ground wire and that fixed it. I guess the wire i had on it was just bad. THANKS anyways. I wish it couldve been somthin as easy as a spark plug wire or somthin.