Notices

Best Lsd Differential out there

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Lsd Differential out there

just wondering some of your opinions on some of the best lsd differentials that are out there when price is not a matter.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (Hockey27925)

try to keep posts like this in another forum,this is the f/i one. quaffie is what i would go

Quaife.
something different

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for all out strength and dependability, especially with drag racing, its quaife, hands down.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (beerbongskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Quaife.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OBX

I just had to.

Quaife though for real
Old 02-11-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (underpressure02)

Old 02-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would say QUAIFE cause you can't beat a unconditional lifetime warranty and the only way to kill one is with extreme wheel hop or a curb sending a axle threw it.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

quaife or kaaz
Old 02-11-2005, 05:45 PM
DFW
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (juiced2ndgenteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Quaife.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (underpressure02)

quaife
Old 02-11-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (BlueHatch00)

for best quality..... quaife
Old 02-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like my Quaife, no maintenance and unconditional lifetime warranty, plus it works geat with about 300 lb/ft of torque.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (rmcdaniels)

I like how there is no tech in this thread. So heres a little.

I have a Cusco LSD in mine. Why is it better then say a Quaife? Well it is and it isnt. I like the Cusco because its a clutch type, so it engages really fast - and once its engaged it stays like that. Its very progressive and acts the same every time, its very perdictable. The more it slips, the more it heats up, and the more it grabs. Its also adjustable. By arranging the clutch packs, you can increase or decrease how the clutch engages. You can also get a 1, 1.5, or 2-way lsd. And some of them you can swap between those settings.

One way L.S.D - specially suited for front wheel drive cars and 4WD car front axles. Activates under acceleration only (not deacceration).

1.5 way LSD - Activates under acceleration while the understeer is less than on the 2 way LSD. Recommended for drivers having difficulty with 2 way LSD understeer and one way LSD braking.

Two way LSD - Recommended on the rear axle for rear drive cars. Activates on both acceleration and deceleration. Recommended for those who prefer hot driving action and big angle drift.

The Quaife you cant adjust any of those things. It also can torque back and forth down the drag strip as it trys to balance the power between the front tires; this wont happened with a clutch-type LSD.

The downside with a clutch type LSD is that you need to replace the clutchs. However Cusco told me that the clutchs will last the life of the tranny easily and should never really need to be replaced. Ive put over 10k on mine and i never have any problems with it. It just works - and it works very well. It took some time to get used to it however. Its not as invisable as the quaife is IMO.

Its also super annoying if say you have one tire low on air. I had a small tire leak a while back, and i was in the middle of a 1000 mile trip. After the tire got say 3-4psi difference in air pressure, there was enough difference in tire size that the LSD would get hot and start to get really really grabby and the car would pull to one side. It was super annoying. However after i left everything cool down (5-10mins) the LSD acted like normal after that. And of course i fixed the tire problem which solved everything.

If its as strong as say a Quaife, i dont really know. Ive never known anybody to break a Cusco, although there arnt alot of hondas guys that i know of (or any) that run a Cusco. I havent had any problems with it but im not making that much power. Cusco said it could easily handle over 500-600ft/pounds torque - but i havent seen that done in practice.

liam
Old 02-11-2005, 10:31 PM

i would say Quaiffe, Kaaz, or Cusco

i personally have a stock type R in one car and a Kaaz in another
Old 02-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

quaife
Old 02-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

obx
Old 02-13-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (Snail EK)

yea obx makes not only the best lsd differential, the make the BEST hi flo cats on the market.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:18 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (liam821)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by liam821 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like how there is no tech in this thread. So heres a little.

I have a Cusco LSD in mine. Why is it better then say a Quaife? Well it is and it isnt. I like the Cusco because its a clutch type, so it engages really fast - and once its engaged it stays like that. Its very progressive and acts the same every time, its very perdictable. The more it slips, the more it heats up, and the more it grabs. Its also adjustable. By arranging the clutch packs, you can increase or decrease how the clutch engages. You can also get a 1, 1.5, or 2-way lsd. And some of them you can swap between those settings.

One way L.S.D - specially suited for front wheel drive cars and 4WD car front axles. Activates under acceleration only (not deacceration).

1.5 way LSD - Activates under acceleration while the understeer is less than on the 2 way LSD. Recommended for drivers having difficulty with 2 way LSD understeer and one way LSD braking.

Two way LSD - Recommended on the rear axle for rear drive cars. Activates on both acceleration and deceleration. Recommended for those who prefer hot driving action and big angle drift.

The Quaife you cant adjust any of those things. It also can torque back and forth down the drag strip as it trys to balance the power between the front tires; this wont happened with a clutch-type LSD.

The downside with a clutch type LSD is that you need to replace the clutchs. However Cusco told me that the clutchs will last the life of the tranny easily and should never really need to be replaced. Ive put over 10k on mine and i never have any problems with it. It just works - and it works very well. It took some time to get used to it however. Its not as invisable as the quaife is IMO.

Its also super annoying if say you have one tire low on air. I had a small tire leak a while back, and i was in the middle of a 1000 mile trip. After the tire got say 3-4psi difference in air pressure, there was enough difference in tire size that the LSD would get hot and start to get really really grabby and the car would pull to one side. It was super annoying. However after i left everything cool down (5-10mins) the LSD acted like normal after that. And of course i fixed the tire problem which solved everything.

If its as strong as say a Quaife, i dont really know. Ive never known anybody to break a Cusco, although there arnt alot of hondas guys that i know of (or any) that run a Cusco. I havent had any problems with it but im not making that much power. Cusco said it could easily handle over 500-600ft/pounds torque - but i havent seen that done in practice.

liam</TD></TR></TABLE>

I couldn't have explained it better myself. On 1 car I have the QUaife. On the other I have Cusco 1.5 LSD w/ JDM 4.7 Final drive. Both are AWESOME quality for different purposes.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there

Quaife
Old 03-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (Big Teggie)

can anyone identify the lsd in this thread?
thanks.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1167102
Old 03-04-2005, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (redzcstandardhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redzcstandardhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for all out strength and dependability, especially with drag racing, its quaife, hands down. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-04-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Best Lsd Differential out there (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I couldn't have explained it better myself. On 1 car I have the QUaife. On the other I have Cusco 1.5 LSD w/ JDM 4.7 Final drive. Both are AWESOME quality for different purposes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

whats the price difference of these two? Does Cusco offer lifetime warranty as does the Quaife?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:34 AM

ask gearspeed they know a ting or two about trannys they say quaife another good option would be the ktp also avaliable at gearspeed
Old 03-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since no one has said it yet...

A spool.

Hehe. Definetly the best if you wanna go in a straight line.

Quick Reply: Best Lsd Differential out there