Notices

B16a1 problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a1 problems

All right i just did a b16a1 swap/auto to 5 spd in my ef hatch. It started right up, but when we took it for the first test run i didnt have all of the power....vtec does kick on but still it just felt like it was running on 2-3 cylinders. So i changed the cap,rotor,wires and plugs (ngk iridiums) put it all back together cranked it up and same thing. So while the car was running i unplugged the plug wires one by one and the motor ran worse...so i take it as they all have spark...Then while the car was running i unplugged the injector clips one by one and it seemed to run worse so i assume i have fuel... Then after thinking about it i bought the car not running so duh! bad gas and prob. only 87 octane...so i drained it through the fuel return line a put a few gallons of supreme 92 octane in it....I turned the key foward the motor turned over twice and stopped like it locked up. So put a socket and breaker bar on the cranck pulley and it would turn clockwise (toward the firewall) which i assume again that this the right way. I start felling around the started and i notice that the foam bybass deal on the aem cai was wet haha fuel it flooded....so i pull the plug wires (which one broke off damn advanced auto parts!!) and broke the plugs unloose and notice that cylinder #2 & #4 was full of gas up to the valve cover....for sh#ts and giggles i pulled the fuel rail all the injectors looked ok and when i pressed the needle in they allowed what gas was left in the fuel rail to exit.

A few more notes to answer the obvious....
Yes it was a dx so yes i did dpfi to mpfi
Yes its a pr3 ecu
No it did not throw any codes
Yes i did the vtec wiring
Yes knock sensor wiring
Yes i wired in the 2nd o2 sensor
No i did not switch wire on the TPS i bought the motor running in another car that i pulled the motor from to put in this car.
Yes i have the injector resistor box
Yes i have compression
The motor to my knowledge is all stock i put on cai and it open header at the time.
A couple of motor swap no no's i did due to time didnt change timing belt or water pump.

Any suggestion or info would be most helpfull.
Or can any one tell me voltage and resistance for the injectors to see if #2 and #4 are staying on causing the motor to bog down when it was running....and then flooding afterwords....and would it do this if for some reason 2 & 3 where obd1??

If i can figure out how to post it i have a short video of it running bad at idle and me giving it some throttle....so tell me how to post it if you would like it!!!!!

Thanx for your time....