Notices

B16 head

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16 head

Ok guys, im about to swap heads on my b16. The other b16 head was setup for lsvtec, so now i just got it built. But i need to know if i can use it on my b16 since it was setup for lsvtec? In which i mean, all i need to do is take out that little allen key thing in the bottom of the head, and block off the whole from where the oil line was connected too also right? And i think that should be it. Plus, since im typing, whats the tourque sequence for the b16 head also. So that i can make sure i have them in order. And the arp studs are to tightened down too 70ft lbs correct?

Thanks guys
Old 02-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, remove the oil orifice plug and replug the Ls/VTEC feed hole and you're in business. Torque sequence is from the inside out, and stock torque spec is 22lb-ft to 61lb-ft in 2 steps. Check your ARP box or their website for torque spec on the studs, although I think most people do about 65lb-ft with moly lube, and higher with oil.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (inspyral)

Cool, and i can use the stock b16 dowel pin correct? And what should i use too cover the hole on the head from the oil line?

Thanks guys.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gettin it)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gettin it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cool, and i can use the stock b16 dowel pin correct? And what should i use too cover the hole on the head from the oil line?

Thanks guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>
If I remember correctly, most LS/VTEC setups either use aftermarket dowel pins that don't require machining the head or they relocate the dowels to the opposite side of the head and enlarge the holes to accept dowels, so you should be good to use your original dowels. I believe the port used for LS/VTEC oil feed on VTEC heads is 3/8 NPT, so you can get a plug at the hardware store, or use an OEM one.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (inspyral)

Cool, ill try to reuse the plug i have then to block the oil, and i have the original dowel pins also, hopefully i dont bend them.

Thanks bro.