Notices

b series with vitaras

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b series with vitaras

just like the title says. I have seen the d series builds with vitara but has anyone used a bseries with vitara pistons? and are they just as reliable as the d's?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:54 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: b series with vitaras

B-series 81mm bore. D-series 75mm bore. Vitaras will not fit in B-series
Old 10-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Wrong size. People use vitara's becuase they're 75-76mm... no b series has that cylinder bore as far as I know.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yep... i couldn't type fast enough.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He's talking about the 81mm b-series nippon low compression cast pistons. Very similar to vitaras seeing as how nippon makes vitaras as well (most d-series guys use the ycp brand vitaras though)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Low-C...Q5fAccessories

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...ht=vitara+test

Never really seen anyone actually use them.Ask him did he get his block finished up.

Last edited by cbustuner; 10-20-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the nippon pistons are really Ls pistons with thicker ring glands. i'm using them now.. making 460 on pump. they work great. plan on going over 500hp next time i go get tuned..
Old 10-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do they make any thing like those nippon pistons in 84-84.5mm for the b20's?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by cbustuner
He's talking about the 81mm b-series nippon low compression cast pistons. Very similar to vitaras seeing as how nippon makes vitaras as well (most d-series guys use the ycp brand vitaras though)

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...ht=vitara+test

Never really seen anyone actually use them.Ask him did he get his block finished up.
That's amazing how you could interpret what the OP was saying from his statement to THIS...
Old 10-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
That's amazing how you could interpret what the OP was saying from his statement to THIS...

Idk why, but most of the b-series guys call them b series vitaras (even the guy in the post I linked)

I also just assumed he knew d-series vitara pistons would not fit in any b motor lol.Only logical thing I thought of he could be talking about.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

actually YCP does them too. U can check out with FJ Distributors if he can get them.

I got a set a yr ago. Planted them on my local EG6's B16a.

Ran like **** man! Boosting 22psi daily. Spiked often to 29psi.

Highest which he spiked up to was 42.6psi. the next day he went to the shop to have a check. No problems.

Well, they worked just fine. Still running on the car now. He was with a HKS 2835Pro-S
Old 10-21-2009, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If the nippon pistons are what you are talking about they should work fine.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sohc52
actually YCP does them too. U can check out with FJ Distributors if he can get them.

Highest which he spiked up to was 42.6psi. the next day he went to the shop to have a check. No problems.

Well, they worked just fine. Still running on the car now. He was with a HKS 2835Pro-S

why would you be spiking a car so high without it tuned to that. are you like ok.... does your tuner not know how to put a boost cut on . or some other sort of safe mode.. WoW..
Old 10-21-2009, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by cbustuner
Idk why, but most of the b-series guys call them b series vitaras (even the guy in the post I linked)

I also just assumed he knew d-series vitara pistons would not fit in any b motor lol.Only logical thing I thought of he could be talking about.
I suppose. That's very interesting..
Old 10-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd need to see proof before I'd recommend them. It's obvious that 75mm vitaras are real, more than enough people have used them. 81mm's don't have factory boosted JDM-motor customers to worry about, just some crazy people in the USA to whom they could easily pull the wool over.

It makes some sense though. If they use good material and the ring pack is spaced out more, they should take a lot of power. I'm not dismissing them, just saying "this thread is worthless w/o pics".
Old 10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

seems like "boostedEF91" is the best person to talk to about this matter. Looks like a great budget setup, i'd def try em out! I don't know how true the statements of the compression ratio on that ebay bid are, but on a b16 it's claiming 8:5:1 with these pistons, hello 20psi and 93 pump gas
Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostedEF91
why would you be spiking a car so high without it tuned to that. are you like ok.... does your tuner not know how to put a boost cut on . or some other sort of safe mode.. WoW..
it was tunned. It was running on a Autonic SM4. And using a Apexi AVCR. Well the car was tuned by the tuner for race, 2bar of boost. But the guy had itchy hands, meddled with the AVCR and wanted to try max boost for his turbo. Haha. mad *** he was..

in his mind, he wanted to see how much abuse the pistons could take. well, when people are rich, nothing matters to him. haha

BTW, i am from singapore
Old 10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HiProfile
I'd need to see proof before I'd recommend them. It's obvious that 75mm vitaras are real, more than enough people have used them. 81mm's don't have factory boosted JDM-motor customers to worry about, just some crazy people in the USA to whom they could easily pull the wool over.

It makes some sense though. If they use good material and the ring pack is spaced out more, they should take a lot of power. I'm not dismissing them, just saying "this thread is worthless w/o pics".
here's some pics i got left from last time.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sohc52

Ive been searching all over the internet and cant find them. where did u get the ycp ones. Also r u using eagle rods. thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont understand, why do people insist on cheap parts??
because you can replace them when they break for less?
if you went through 2 sets of cheap stuff with time and labor, it would be less expensive and more effective to use quality parts the first time and tune it right

i have been making well over 350whp for over 2 years and beating the crap out of it, without having to replace any internals

just my .02
Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostek9
if you went through 2 sets of cheap stuff with time and labor, it would be less expensive and more effective to use quality parts the first time and tune it right

i have been making well over 350whp for over 2 years and beating the crap out of it, without having to replace any internals

just my .02
Well for one cheaper parts work just as good as expensive parts sometimes. Who ever said because something is expensive it must be quality in that case I will start making **** in my garage and charging a **** load for it. You will never get back what you put in your car I don't mind working on my car and just putting used or cheap parts in it. I'd rather spend the money I saved on **** for my house which would hold it's value better than car parts. Even your car is losing power you don't feel it but you are losing power just from wear.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostek9

just my .02

parts can be as cheap as they want. its the quality that its about.. so if cp or arias would sell there pistons for 100 bucks you wouldnt buy them because there cheap.. the vitara pistons are cheap as hell and can withstand alot more power than there rated at. speed factory has had them up to 600hp. tell them not to buy cheap parts. and i have the nippon pistons. yes there cheap. there just stock ls pistons with thicker ring glands. and i'm making 460 easily. plan on making over 500 once i get retuned. so think before you speak. otherwise just dont speak at all..
Old 10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Well the ycp's pictured above certainly don't seem like the tops car coated which is the main reason that the vitara's work so good in FI D series motors...

I'd definately be a lot more nervous about those uncoated YCP's than if they were coated similar to the Vitara's.

Oh and the reason people use "cheap" vitara's in D builds is they work for making big HP.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

YCP vitaras aren't coated on top, they just have no machining done to the tops. The pictured pistons have quite a bit done, with the arrow and releifs clearly cast-in.

They also look like they are for stock non-vtec valves only, unless those are 84mm pistons. Where can they be bought from? I'm not finding any on ebay atm...
Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by HiProfile
YCP vitaras aren't coated on top, they just have no machining done to the tops. The pictured pistons have quite a bit done, with the arrow and releifs clearly cast-in.

They also look like they are for stock non-vtec valves only, unless those are 84mm pistons. Where can they be bought from? I'm not finding any on ebay atm...
found some

Old 10-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah there on ebay just have to type the right thing in... and they fit vtec and non vtec.

Quick Reply: b series with vitaras