Notices

:: azenis in the rain/wet ::

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :: azenis in the rain/wet ::

i searched the archives and found some good info. for the most part, people agree that it is a myth that azenis suck in the rain. but there were a couple people who had some traction issues in the rain. anyways, i didnt find anything from the forced induction crowd (whom i trust the most). so i was wondering if any of you who actually use azenis could comment on them in general, especially in the rain. thanks in advance.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:08 AM

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (ID_ten_T)

They are as good as a stock all-season tire in the rain, if you don't drive like a retard. IMHO
Old 08-08-2003, 06:25 AM

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (Matt B)

i have them on my WRX now and weve had crap loads of rain im talking Noah's ark stuff and i havent had a single problem and i definitely drive like a retard

maybe the AWD helps a bit too
Old 08-08-2003, 06:40 AM
BLAP BLAP!!!

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (JeremyL)

i have them on all four tires on a 92 hatch.. they slide just a little in the rain.. but not too bad... they are good all around tires
Old 08-08-2003, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The absolutely suck in the rain.

I have found that they are very prone to hydroplaning in any amount of standing water. It scares the living crap out of you when you have to drive 45 mph on the freeway and you STILL find yourself making lane changes against your will. (BTW, the tires had less then 1000 miles on them and they all had the correct tire pressure.)
Old 08-08-2003, 06:59 AM

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (jeremyG2teg)

They are ok in the rain for the most part. You must understand that you'll be driving cautiously. Another thing to note is they are prone to hydroplaning around areas of standing water. HTH. I had them on my car for almost 7 months and you really only noticed their wear during rain or wet days.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all about tread depth. Azenis wear so fast so lots of people end up rolling around almost bald. They don't completly suck in the rain when they are new but even then watch out for standing water. Once they are worn down (the way i like em for dry use anyway) they are not safe in the rain above 40mph on a small car IMO. Either way they rule over all other cheap tires.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (Bailhatch)

I had them on my del sol for abuot 9 months. The only time I had any problems with them in the rain was when I would find standing water. But just about any car will hydroplane a little on standing water so its not unusual. JUst don't try to use them in the snow like I did, it just doesnt work....at all.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:08 AM
MikeTV

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (DevilSolSi)

I have had azenis for 6 months. They kick *** in drag situations but they are pretty scary in the rain like stated above, they hydroplane easily. .........just drive VERY carefully, and you will be ok ........other than that, the tire grips like nobody's business; all in all it is a sick tire.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (jerseykid609)

i have them on my boosted car and they are good for street drag but not good for the track......*broke my tranny* and about the rain thing...its ok.. mine has about 2000 miles on it and boosting going 70 in the rain is not a problem with mine.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:06 AM

i noticed everyone has those tires for drag/tracks, there cheap and great for racing, i'm getting a set just for that, for street i use the Nitto Neogens those tires rock!!!!! dry/wet
Old 08-08-2003, 10:20 AM

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (spooned out)

look out on the highway for sliding everywhere when is really raining hard.

over all good tire.

i would recommend them to anyone.

i am on my second set (in the back) 225/50/15 dr in the front.

but when they were all four corners i loved them
Old 08-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (turbod16y8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbod16y8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have them on my boosted car and they are good for street drag but not good for the track......*broke my tranny* and about the rain thing...its ok.. mine has about 2000 miles on it and boosting going 70 in the rain is not a problem with mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ahhh, I think this calls for the infamous.....

JRSC
Old 08-08-2003, 05:51 PM

i dont know about you guys but we have been averaging almost 4 inches of rain a day for the last week and i dont drive any slower when it rains and i even aim for standing water. hell one time we had a parking lot near my dealership (completely empty) and i was throwing my car around some thick standing water puddles and it had almost as much traction as it does dry and mine are a little wider at the stock 205/55/16

i dont know what y'alls problems is but there tires for me are as good wet as they are dry
Old 08-08-2003, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think that is still attributed to the awd factor.
Old 08-09-2003, 03:47 AM

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (slywfbpsi)

i dont care if you have awd or 10wd if your tires dont grip they dont grip period

awd has very little to do with straight line wet traction over fwd, when i had them on my integra my epxerience with them was just as good as it is now
Old 08-09-2003, 04:26 AM

which type of azenis are you guys talking about? there are two types, one is the azenis sport which is better for dry condition and the other one is the azenis st115 which is designed for both wet and dry condition. it has 2 really big water channels. i'm using them right now and never had a problem with them yet, both wet and dry.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:07 AM

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (turb)

i think almost everyone on this board makes reference to the Azenis Sport

i know i was

any other tire imo is overpriced **** except maybe the Potenza S-03
Old 08-09-2003, 07:38 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeremyL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont care if you have awd or 10wd if your tires dont grip they dont grip period

awd has very little to do with straight line wet traction over fwd, when i had them on my integra my epxerience with them was just as good as it is now</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's complete BS. I've seen a few articles (one in SCC) and they did tests between FWD, RWD, and AWD and in the rain AWD was almost just as quick as dry in the quarter. Also my buddy's got an AWD Talon and that thing gets up and goes (in a straight line) in the rain. A hell of alot better grip than my integra or any FWD or RWD for that matter.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: :: azenis in the rain/wet :: (Honda Hick)

I figured the same thing, but maybe he knew something I didn't since he has an awd and fwd.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when they were new I had No problems what so ever in the wet!
they grip , quite a bit better than stock, thats for sure.
but now that ive had them for a while they do like to hydroplane a bit if there is quite a bit of water/puddles. if its just wet, they grip! but if there is accumulation of water you have to be careful , right around 60 mph too.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeremyL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont know about you guys but we have been averaging almost 4 inches of rain a day for the last week</TD></TR></TABLE>

We don't get that much rain in a year. muchless a week...
Old 08-10-2003, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I haven't taken the time to read all of the posts... but here's how it is. I've got azinis on the front, and all seasons on the back. This car is so ******* tail happy it isn't even funny... in the rain. Azinis hold like a mother ******... always... and everything else sux... always... exept maybe snow... haven't tried that... yET.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda Hick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's complete BS. I've seen a few articles (one in SCC) and they did tests between FWD, RWD, and AWD and in the rain AWD was almost just as quick as dry in the quarter. Also my buddy's got an AWD Talon and that thing gets up and goes (in a straight line) in the rain. A hell of alot better grip than my integra or any FWD or RWD for that matter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

We're talking about braking and turning in the rain, not straight-line acceleration.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jeremyG2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The absolutely suck in the rain.

I have found that they are very prone to hydroplaning in any amount of standing water. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I 100% agree.

i drive 55 max in the rain with them.... heavy rain, 45-50.

Quick Reply: :: azenis in the rain/wet ::