Notices

Attn Current Hondata Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:52 PM
RMS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn Current Hondata Tuners

We believe this is a topic important to all serious Hondata Tuners. I'd like to keep this private in 'mail for now to avoid bandwagon-bashing...especially if it turns out to be unfounded. Based on our reputation hopefully you know we wouldn't broach this subject were it not of serious importance. If you have a boosted rom WITH a 'Logger file that you'd be willing to share (std/3-bar, hp unimportant), I'd like to hear from you at ravermotorsports@earthlink.net .
Old 01-22-2004, 10:09 PM

I have plenty of maps/logs from a boosted car. Please PM me reguarding the need of the files.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:39 PM
RMS

Default Re: (Silverbeast)

Silverbeast, can you 'mail me for exchange? I'll give you the facts regarding the problem. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:44 AM
RMS

Default Re: (RMS)

up
Old 01-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think those as hondata customers should know whats going on. I guess you have a theory and are looking for more data? Let us know if you can prove something, I thnk we deserve at least that much for spending the money on the system.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:20 AM
RMS

Default Re: (ricodemus)

HondaTech is a great resource for collaboration, but it all too often results in mad-bashing before the facts come to light....I'm looking for a couple other serious tuners to support my findings before I go off half-cocked and soil a respectable company's reputation (especially since I like Hondata and its owner's personally). Doug and Derek are VERY busy with the K-engine products right now, and it will take proof greater than what I have to convince them to address this issue if I'm right.

I can say the problem I suspect is not new, though it would be very important to tuners. And while I highly doubt it, it could be isolated to our company's use of the product, too.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RMS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HondaTech is a great resource for collaboration, but it all too often results in mad-bashing before the facts come to light....I'm looking for a couple other serious tuners to support my findings before I go off half-cocked and soil a respectable company's reputation (especially since I like Hondata and its owner's personally). Doug and Derek are VERY busy with the K-engine products right now, and it will take proof greater than what I have to convince them to address this issue if I'm right.

I can say the problem I suspect is not new, though it would be very important to tuners. And while I highly doubt it, it could be isolated to our company's use of the product, too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So in a nutshell, you want people who have the "Hesitation" issue to send you logs. Correct?
Old 01-24-2004, 11:29 AM

I don't have hondalogger yet, but I will see if Ryan still has my logs of my LS/Drag dynos from before.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:37 AM
kaj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Reilly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So in a nutshell, you want people who have the "Hesitation" issue to send you logs. Correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i give up on the whole hesitation thing...

quick note:
i was just told (and had no idea before) that newer GM 3-bar map sensors differ from the old ones.. i.e. they may not work
Old 01-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya, i'll send you some of mine, and my coustomers cars.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:50 AM
RMS

Default Re: (grndcont)

new Hondata release solves the problem. we noticed the 'logger values didn't reflect the ignition map's programmed values under boost conditions (formerly indicated extreme advance under boost). the problem was not in the applied values, only in the data logger's values.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RMS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">new Hondata release solves the problem. we noticed the 'logger values didn't reflect the ignition map's programmed values under boost conditions (formerly indicated extreme advance under boost). the problem was not in the applied values, only in the data logger's values.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is good, but they still haven't addressed the "hesitation" issue.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Re: (ladysman)

Intereted to know some feedback.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Re: (ladysman)

I've been told that they are working on it right now, and hopefully there will be a software fix on it.