Notices

Arturbo,Jinxproof.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arturbo,Jinxproof.

There is guy here in south florida names Jose Rodriguez, maybe you have heard of him maybe you havent. I know a few east coast people here have and what I am about to say is the honest truth. even though it will contradict everything you know. Jose's car is a b16 and makes 519whp on boost and 624 on spray and boost. the thing is he is only running 22psi at 8.7:1 compression on a 60-1 turbo making that 519whp! the turbo is made here in Florida its an atlantic 60-1 turbo. and more impressively he is making this on a drag 2 manifold and deltagate two stock fuel pumps and an FMU. and Apexi AFC. his car has officially ran faster than motormatrix mike's car. (which btw he can confirm everything I am saying here). so can SixtyDASOne. and the guys from GRtech and Cartek here on HT and the guys from South Florida Performance. he is well known here. jose has a very simple setup. full interior hatch with sound system and a/c and ran 10.6@ 135 its a 96 ek he also has a 92 eg that runs 10.40's@139 also full interior. with the same setup!

His 60-1 making 519whp on 22 psi on a 8.7:1 b16 with no managment is like 97 hp more than the highest b16 I have seen with an sc61 and fuel managment and on the same boost level even. more than the b16 St00pid tuned. Im not concerned about the drag 2 manifold, fmu and apexi, I want to know how is it possible his 60-1 made 519whp on 22psi he says that it spools as fast as an sc61. he gets full boost at 5k. how is any of this possible? how can he make almost 100hp more, on an inferior turbo espeicially with a shitty flowing manifold??

Modified by Boostage at 5:47 PM 1/11/2004
Old 01-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (Boostage)

Wow....I would find this hard to believe.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I looked into it last night and everything looked legit. Maybe Jose is from another galaxy far far away? Some of the "accusations" I heard last night about him were not good though. I wont get into the South Florida drama though
Old 01-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I looked into it last night and everything looked legit. Maybe Jose is from another galaxy far far away? Some of the "accusations" I heard last night about him were not good though. I wont get into the South Florida drama though </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes as hard as it is to swallow all this is for real, there are people on here than know him I hope they see this hread. his car defies all logic
Old 01-11-2004, 09:01 AM

Interesting, I am contemplating going with either a SC61 with S option or a T3 60-1 for a upcoming 10.0:1 2.0 LS/VTEC Build. I was going to use a SC61 E and stick with a 1.8 but I figured Im building it, I might as well go all the way with it

Props to Jose, its nice to see a B16 putting down that kind of power
Old 01-11-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (Altered)

What does this have to do with Arturbo and Jinxproof ? Interesting numbers and times non-the less . . . if it's true . . .

P.S. Mase just tuned a 60-1 to 540, did you read that thread?
Old 01-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (AVATAR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AVATAR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What does this have to do with Arturbo and Jinxproof ? Interesting numbers and times non-the less . . . if it's true . . .

P.S. Mase just tuned a 60-1 to 540, did you read that thread?</TD></TR></TABLE>

art knows turbos, jinx knows about building 500hp motors...
Old 01-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe a 60-1 will make 520 whp at 22 psi (just found that out yesterday ), however, thats low compression, w/ no fuel management.

I say bullshit.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe a 60-1 will make 520 whp at 22 psi (just found that out yesterday ), however, thats low compression, w/ no fuel management.

I say bullshit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

but doesnt that mean had I made this post the day before yestday you would have called bs on a 60-1 making 520whp at 22 psi on whatever compression the motor u tuned was at?
Old 01-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im sure not everyone in question knows EXACTLY whats going on.(what he has)
he probably hasnt told everyone the entire truth
Old 01-11-2004, 10:00 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (SiRkid)

Im sure the car has ran good times. As far as his exact seyup as he recites it may be a different story. 2 stock fuel pumps is retarded...Some people liek to exadurate. oh wells.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (SIXTYdashONE)

this is the most worthless thread ever. this topic was already discussed once in drag forum and basically came down to a pissing contest. whoopy for jose, inevetibly that motor will die a quick and disastorous death soon. its great he can push the envelope but why? to me it just seems he went real cheap to make a lotta hp and thinks it will last. if it is infact the daily driver he said it was then the time is soon to come. o well, btw, art or karl could prolly care less about this thread....when you put their names on the header its like your tryna shove this guys setup in their faces or something.....oh well

ibtl
Old 01-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but doesnt that mean had I made this post the day before yestday you would have called bs on a 60-1 making 520whp at 22 psi on whatever compression the motor u tuned was at? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, not at all, 60-1's have made 500 + all the time. thats w/ the right fuel setup though.

I have never in my life heard of a car that made 500+ on fmu.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:18 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (Mase)

Im sure its possible, but you will probably wash out a few motors in the process, and when you actualy get it right, it wont last very long. Maybe throughout lunch
Old 01-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im sure its possible, but you will probably wash out a few motors in the process, and when you actualy get it right, it wont last very long. Maybe throughout lunch </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah well as far as everyone knows he makes 500 on fmu and 600 hp on fmu with spray. and is still running so I dont know what to say
Old 01-11-2004, 10:38 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah well as far as everyone knows he makes 500 on fmu and 600 hp on fmu with spray. and is still running so I dont know what to say </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but whats the big deal.. There is no "set" way to do soemthing. Everyone does **** different. I know a guy who bought a 96 porsche and ripped the motor out to put a 350 in it. Do i call him crazy? yes. Does he think hes crazy? no...
But thats the way he does it. Theres not much you can say abut it...
Old 01-11-2004, 11:18 AM
New User

1. i know who jose is, he's on my web site.

2. many people have yet to understand that there are 10 different ways to get from point "A" to point "B". some ways are "better" than others. some are "easier" than others. some are even "safer" than others. but regaurdless, all you are trying to do is go 1320 feet as fast as you can and there are alot of ways to do that.

3. why one guy can make xxx amount of horsepower when another guy cannot does not mean anything. maybe the one guy reckless while the other guy is careful. not saying anything about jose, jason(stoopid), or anyone else, but again, what one person finds unacceptable, another may find it perfectly alright.

4. making 500 horsepower to the wheels is no major accomplishment. now a days, its seriously elimentary. if there is anyone on this board that thinks you cannot make 500 horsepower on a stock block for instance, they are mistaken. likewise, if you think you need a "magical" exhaust manifold or wastegate to reach a given horsepower level, then you are also mistaken. making power is not difficult. making it last is.

5. why "X" turbo makes 500 horsepower while "Y" does not is no major equation. all turbos are not created equal. i don't care what the housings say or what "wheel" they use. turbos and their builders have a mind of their own.

in summary, you can build a 500 horsepower honda motor for $1500 or for $8000. you can spend $200 bucks to manage it or $2000. who cares. to each his own.

but i still say that that guy from colorado did NOT run 10.80's on a 205 drag radial.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (jinxproof99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jinxproof99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. i know who jose is, he's on my web site.

2. many people have yet to understand that there are 10 different ways to get from point "A" to point "B". some ways are "better" than others. some are "easier" than others. some are even "safer" than others. but regaurdless, all you are trying to do is go 1320 feet as fast as you can and there are alot of ways to do that.

3. why one guy can make xxx amount of horsepower when another guy cannot does not mean anything. maybe the one guy reckless while the other guy is careful. not saying anything about jose, jason(stoopid), or anyone else, but again, what one person finds unacceptable, another may find it perfectly alright.

4. making 500 horsepower to the wheels is no major accomplishment. now a days, its seriously elimentary. if there is anyone on this board that thinks you cannot make 500 horsepower on a stock block for instance, they are mistaken. likewise, if you think you need a "magical" exhaust manifold or wastegate to reach a given horsepower level, then you are also mistaken. making power is not difficult. making it last is.

5. why "X" turbo makes 500 horsepower while "Y" does not is no major equation. all turbos are not created equal. i don't care what the housings say or what "wheel" they use. turbos and their builders have a mind of their own.

in summary, you can build a 500 horsepower honda motor for $1500 or for $8000. you can spend $200 bucks to manage it or $2000. who cares. to each his own.

but i still say that that guy from colorado did NOT run 10.80's on a 205 drag radial. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jinxproof99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but i still say that that guy from colorado did NOT run 10.80's on a 205 drag radial. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that is hilarious. u just had to throw that in there didn't you!

Jinx is absolutely correct, every set up is different. There are alot of parts to a combination.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jinxproof99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but i still say that that guy from colorado did NOT run 10.80's on a 205 drag radial. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Word...
Old 01-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol looks like a bunch of people wish they had as good of a result as Jose (me included). Who wouldn't want to know what this guy is doing right to run a 10.6 in a budget-setup EK. But yep, it can't last long though j/k. I would be curious to poke around his motor though.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:55 PM
I've quit using this account

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jinxproof99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what guy?
there was a "street car" that is owned by one of the guys that works for PFI. it went 10.6 ish at the last years IDRC. with slicks and race gas.

then people were bitchin about how it isnt a street car, so the ran 93 octance and drag radials and it ran 10.8 on a test & tune night at bandimere speedway (5800 ft ish)

sorry this has nothing to do with the orignal post.
but 500 hp at 22 psi is nice. i believe it.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (llewsirc)

I wonder what the fuel pressure is with the fmu?
or is he running like 2000 cc injectors with an 8:1 disc
Old 01-11-2004, 05:09 PM
New User

Default Re: Arturbo,Jinxproof. (llewsirc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llewsirc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

........so the ran 93 octance and drag radials and it ran 10.8 on a test & tune night at bandimere speedway (5800 ft ish)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats my favorite part..........
Old 01-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

probally stroked to the gills

Quick Reply: Arturbo,Jinxproof.