Notices

Any way to "test" EBC before installation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any way to "test" EBC before installation?

I have a blitz Dual SBC Spec s that I have had since my first turbo ek...so around 3 years or so. I bought it used, installed it, and never even used it to control boost because the wg spring was 12psi and put me at the power level I wanted. It showed the correct boost level, but we never used it to control boost. Since then it has been moved around alot, and I just found the solenoid and wiring harness in my garage...and the controller has been in the glove box of my truck and now other car for the past year or so.

My question is, is there any place I can send it or anything I can do to test and make sure it functions properly BEFORE I install it? The issue that arises is that I NEED a working boost controller at the time of my tuning. Im building the engine, installing the turbo setup and doing a massive amount of body work and chassis work that I will not be able to get the car finished then install it and see if it works after the fact. Nor do I want to purchase another unit if this is properly working...likewise I will not sell it in the event that something is wrong.

Any info is helpful info.
Thanks in advance