Notices

any NEW updates from the Drop Shop??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 02:19 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any NEW updates from the Drop Shop??

Has anyone heard anymore news on our manifolds? I'm still waiting on mine, just seeing if anyone else has heard anything.
Old 04-09-2003, 02:22 PM

Default Re: any NEW updates from the Drop Shop?? (ZERO COOL)

I got mine
Old 04-09-2003, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you know what, i still dont have my stuff.. I know he is RIGHT at the point of shipping now but it still hasnt been shipped.

I stood up for Jon and have been doing alot to keep his name on the up and up.. But sometimes when you call and he is there with a customer and you try calling back ALLLLL day long when you have the automatic redial and no one answers it doesnt **** me off it just makes me sad... 5 months and i kind of figured the guy to be a friend... But this time delay, day after day, then going a few days without knowing anything really just ***** with you bad...

Good for you Ubergone... We all know why you got your mani before the rest of us.
We will see what happens in the next few days. He has ALL of my stuff, my turbo, wastegate, manifold, intercooler, ALL of it... I know that the product will be good when its done... Just the gettin done part that is bad.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:16 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: any NEW updates from the Drop Shop?? (DIY_Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIY_Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, you know what, i still dont have my stuff.. I know he is RIGHT at the point of shipping now but it still hasnt been shipped.

I stood up for Jon and have been doing alot to keep his name on the up and up.. But sometimes when you call and he is there with a customer and you try calling back ALLLLL day long when you have the automatic redial and no one answers it doesnt **** me off it just makes me sad... 5 months and i kind of figured the guy to be a friend... But this time delay, day after day, then going a few days without knowing anything really just ***** with you bad...

Good for you Ubergone... We all know why you got your mani before the rest of us.
We will see what happens in the next few days. He has ALL of my stuff, my turbo, wastegate, manifold, intercooler, ALL of it... I know that the product will be good when its done... Just the gettin done part that is bad.</TD></TR></TABLE>

looks like you will owe me the 50.00 we bet huh?? for those who will want to know that the bet was... I bet that everyone would not get their products as promised by april 1st. this bet was made 8 weeks ago when everyone was supposed to get their mani's in 4 weeks. I gave the extra 4 weeks as a bonus. DIY_racing supported him and made the bet but it looks like he is out the mani and the 50.00 if he is a man of his word
Old 04-09-2003, 03:23 PM

Default Re: any NEW updates from the Drop Shop?? (MotorMatrix.com)

HAHA&lt; ya, im a man of my word. Im not worried about NOT getting my stuff its just the hassle in between it all.. I no longer have the car and i sold all my turbo stuff.. Was supposed to go out monday, then tuesday, and i cant contact him today.. I know hes a busy little ******.

ANyways, youll get your ****...
Old 04-09-2003, 03:57 PM

if you dont have your stuff, why/how did u post pics of jon's manifold!?
Old 04-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: any NEW updates from the Drop Shop?? (UberTeg)

jon is a lazy ****

Modified by turbod16y8 at 9:37 PM 4/9/2003
Old 04-09-2003, 05:43 PM

Default Re: any NEW updates from the Drop Shop?? (turbod16y8)

Jon will not awnser in a public forum a privete matter. He stopped posting in threads like this awhile ago. You will get your ****
Old 04-09-2003, 06:28 PM

Well ubergueber, i posted pics of the manifold.. I know he has it, i know its about 99% done, i know its ALMOST shipped.. But when you cant reach him for a time it just gets frustrating...

you wouldnt know.. You got your stuff.. And i never said anything negative about him.. As we speak im sittin here with a buddy who is wanting one of his b series manis...
Old 04-09-2003, 06:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you wouldnt know.. You got your stuff.. And i never said anything negative about him.. As we speak im sittin here with a buddy who is wanting one of his b series manis...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ur acting like I got my **** instantly I had to wait awhile, and i still havent gotten all of my stuff. But its all good, i told jon to take his time with the rest of my **** cuz its not urgent. You're pretty bold for someone who is just reselling the manifold for profit! I think u were selling it for $350 or some ****... when it only cost $200 during the GB.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:41 AM

Look ubershit, first off you have NO idea what i went through to pay for the manifold, or what i paid. No, i didnt make the group buy either. I sold the manifold for what i thought it was worth to me for all the parts i gave to jon. It wasnt 350 bucks... Im sure i could of got that to if i asked it, its a dope mani from the pics.

Also, what im talking about now is jon has ALLL my stuff, not just the manifold, he has my turbo, wastegate intercooler, all of that... I just need him to send that now. Thats all. He said monday, then tuesday, then wednsday... NOw its thursday.. ALL HE IS DOING IS SHIPPING MY STUFFFF&gt; THATS IT... YOu call on tuesday, make an appointment for ups to show up on wednsday, and UPS picks it up.. EASY as that.

Dont get me wrong, Jon is a good guy, his products are good also. But man, im just so fed up is all. You have to understand that. You have NO ******* idea man. All i want is a 15 second phone call with him to see if he has shipped or when he is shipping. We talked monday, then tuesday, and then on wednsday i call his shop and he is with a customer, i understand that, well when your done, take 15 seconds to call a neeyah. Thats it......

So stop sticking up for him, because im not bashing him, im just explaining what the **** is going on after some other guy asks where his manifold.. Ya cack.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:43 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Jon has horrible customer service. Thats that. He took 4 1/2 months to build a pos manifold that didn't fit my car when he promised it would. Then he didn't even finish the welds, i had to. Then he refused to reimburse me for it. Then i found he sent me the wrong manifold, and sent it to someone else. Once i got my right manifold, it had an external wastegate hole, and he refused to send me a block off plate. overall, he really isn't a good welder, isn't good at customer service, and can't really do anything right in my eyes. Why people still buy stuff from him is beyond me...
Old 04-10-2003, 04:21 PM

i have had some bad times with jon, but i tell you what, he is very good at that stuff. i ont care what anyone else says. he is agood guy, and he may be slow, but until like last week, he was a one guy show. now he has a few hands around the shop to help out. but jon's stuff is top quality, i dont care what anyone says.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIY_Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Look ubershit, first off you have NO idea what i went through to pay for the manifold, or what i paid. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well since everyone feels like sharing stories. I'll fill in some details for everyone on the Honda-Tech soap-opera forum.

Del. You traded the shop an entire Integra wiring harness for one custom manifold and downpipe to be made by Jon.

We (at the DS) sold our GSR shell to 2k1_ITR_0736 (another user on this board), who happily trailered it back to NY as a project car. We also supplied him with the wiring harness that you gave us. Unfortunately the harness has a section of about 60 wires cut that lead to the dash, pretty much rendering it useless. See below:

Would you like this harness back?
Would you like to cancel your bet w/ Motormatrix.com? I'm sure the bets are off when bunk parts are sent in exchange for products.

I believe you also told Jon to take his time, making your parts. In exchange for your time, he offered you an intercooler for $200. But I guess he's a mean man.
I'd suggest you call, leave a message at the shop (or I'm sure they'll be calling you soon enough), and they'll discuss with you how the harness issue is going to be resolved. I know for a fact 2k1_ITR_0736 isn't a happy customer of yours.

The DS isn't lazy, we're all busy. Here's whats on the white-board for this weeks schedule:

* 91 hatch w/ GSR swap
* 88 crx Turbo LS to install and fab
* 91 hatch Turbo LS to install and fab
* 91 NSX w/ wheels tires Teins and brakes (finished today)
* 91 crx w/ turbo B16 to install and fab
* 94 teg to convert auto to manual w/ B20vtec swap
* 93 B16 teg for a timingbelt change
* 98 LS Darton sleeved motor w/ full build + turbo fab w/ install
* 98 LS to install pistons in and fab a turbo kit
* 93 prelude to convert auto to manual + install an H22 w/ custom turbo kit.

Its not like everyone in the shop is sitting around eating pizza, and reading honda-tech. We have no lack of work. Granted everything isn't going fast... but we're still playing catchup from being closed for 2 months.

GraphiteAccord... its good to see you chime in for every Dropshop oriented post. You do realize you ordered a custom fabricated manifold for a motor-swapped Accord, right? I would think Jon promised the flange + manifold would fit... but beyond that, clocking, and fitting the assembly past your crossmember or tranny mounts is your concern. I'm sorry he shipped you the wrong item, and he missed a corner w/ the torch, but at least you can hold a grudge for all eternity.

I wish it wasn't a big rush to get those manifolds done. Welding precision goes up when you dont have to finish a ton of manifolds. That custom group-buy should have been limited to like 5 or 7 people, not like 30 or whatever it ended up being.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:22 PM

Default Re: any NEW updates from the Drop Shop?? (Sinitron)

I had jon put parts on my car like two weeks ago and he was mad busy. It doesnt help that tons of people just stop in asking questions and that in itself take alot of time out of the day...
He was trying to work on mani's when i was out there....
Old 04-10-2003, 05:31 PM

Default Re: any NEW updates from the Drop Shop?? (POSlude97)

DIY helped out, i have nothing to say here. read below.

Modified by 2k1_ITR_0736 at 11:58 PM 4/10/2003
Old 04-10-2003, 06:11 PM

hey im new to this forum so ima keep this short i started working for jon a few months ago. I can tell you that working on 9 cars at once and making custom parts is not easy. For those of you who r still owed parts you have my word you will get your parts very soon
Old 04-10-2003, 06:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: any NEW updates from the Drop Shop?? (2k1_ITR_0736)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GraphiteAccord... its good to see you chime in for every Dropshop oriented post. You do realize you ordered a custom fabricated manifold for a motor-swapped Accord, right? I would think Jon promised the flange + manifold would fit... but beyond that, clocking, and fitting the assembly past your crossmember or tranny mounts is your concern. I'm sorry he shipped you the wrong item, and he missed a corner w/ the torch, but at least you can hold a grudge for all eternity.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And you are?

exactly. Jon said the manifold would work, no problems. I waited 4.5 months for the wrong manifold that was NOT finished. I had to weld it in 3 places because Jon is a lazy *** that seems to not do anything right. Then when i FINALLY got the right manifold, a full MONTH later, with NO tracking number....IT was UNFINISHED ALSO. Please address that....John promised me an external wastegate cover for the port on it that should not have been there. He never sent one, Hell, he didn't even know the THREAD SIZE of the T3 flange he welded on himself. So i waited 5 and a half months for an unfinished manifold that didn't fit. Nor did i ever recieve the parts promised. I never asked for a refund, because it was a custom order, and i understood that. I will still downtalk the drop shop because Jon did everything short of straight stealing my money. Instead, he stole something far more valuable, my time.

So if anyone wants to sit on their *** for 6 months for an unfinished non fitting manifold, i encourage you to buy from The drop shop.

Old 04-10-2003, 07:25 PM

Default Re: any NEW updates from the Drop Shop?? (Sinitron)

Sinitron, first off, who the **** are you???? Just curious?? And were you on the phone when i was KNEE deep in the integra pulling the harness when i CALLED JON ON THE ******* PHONE AND ASKED HIM&lt; " YOU ONLY NEED THE PART FROM THE ECU TO THE ENGINE BAY RIGHT????" JOn replied yes, i explained that there was another section of wire, he said he didnt know... I EXPLAINED TO HIM THAT I CUT IT.... SO **** YOU... Also, i got him a complete dash cluster, Headlight bulb harness, A complete GUAGE cluste, then the engine harness, then the harness to the ecu.. THat was the section i cut. Also, when jon told me it was useless we made an arrangement to have that fixed. SO go fucck yourself... ALL I wanted was for jon to return my ******* phone call.. 15 seconds.. I talked to him today FINALLY and we got it all straightened out.

So to sum up, **** OFF, and also, jon is a good guy, hella slow with ALL this **** he has going on, i understand that totally, and HE KNOWS IT.... GO back to the beginning when this **** happened, i was there for him 10000% always backinmg EVERYTHING.... I DESERVE A GOD DAMN PHONE CALL.. Thats all... But its in the past now, im getting my mani, and NIcewheelz is getting his harness...

Old 04-10-2003, 07:30 PM

Default Re: (2k1_ITR_0736)

by 2k1_ITR_0736. NIck who the **** are you????? Dont you come bashing me cause i sent a HALF *** harness.. That wasnt the ****** case.. I didnt know exactly what he needed.. THAT IS WHY I PICKED UP THE PHONE AND CALLED HIM... YOu need to chill the **** out.... your behind two weeks in your project and your crying like a bitch??? IM BEHIND 5 god damn months....

arggg.. im done.... Me and jon are cool... everyone else can **** off... If you want it faster then two weeks, get it yourself... I said 2 weeks, he said it was cool...
Old 04-10-2003, 07:56 PM

Default Re: (DIY_Racing)

i apologize, thanks for helping us out tho in such a short amount of time. i hope that thing shows up SOON. get some **** done. Jon will get your stuff out, he will. thanks again man.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:14 PM

Old 04-10-2003, 09:06 PM

Sinitron, also, you stated this ""I believe you also told Jon to take his time, making your parts."" I never ONCE told him to take his time. EVER..

Then you stated this ""But I guess he's a mean man.""" Once again, i never once said he was an ***/ mean/ anything... I was pissed he didnt call me back ever. Then you stated " "I'd suggest you call, leave a message at the shop (or I'm sure they'll be calling you soon enough), and they'll discuss with you how the harness issue is going to be resolved. I know for a fact 2k1_ITR_0736 isn't a happy customer of yours.""

I have left 5 messages or more, never a call back. As for 2k1_itr_0736, he is not my customer, never was. Hes jons customer. JOn asked me to take care of him, and i said i would...

So, we do have this resolved now. Jon mentioned my stuff would be sent tomorrow, and the manifold 2 days from today. So i will post back up in two days once my stuff was sent.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn ... glad u straighten everything out...yea Jon is really hard to get a hold of...Hey Jon i never told u that u left a spot on my manifold unwelded. found out a week later when my engine was all black.. got that fixed though.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIY_Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sinitron, also, you stated this ""I believe you also told Jon to take his time, making your parts."" I never ONCE told him to take his time. EVER..

"I'd suggest you call, leave a message at the shop (or I'm sure they'll be calling you soon enough), and they'll discuss with you how the harness issue is going to be resolved. I know for a fact 2k1_ITR_0736 isn't a happy customer of yours.""

JOn asked me to take care of him, and i said i would...

So, we do have this resolved now. Jon mentioned my stuff would be sent tomorrow, and the manifold 2 days from today. So i will post back up in two days once my stuff was sent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jon asked me to post in that thread yesterday or the day before, and address several things. I helped Jon organize and open up the new shop in NH, which is now quite busy.

The only order of business I asked of them was wrapping up this outstanding manifold and misc. turbo part mess from last year. Nick was pissed about the harness, and here we are. Primarily the issue was the cut wiring harness (which was cut in several places, between the headlight area, between the door, and a few other places according to 2k1_itr_0736).

I know 2k1_ITR isn't a customer of yours directly, but that's where the parts were sourced from, and he had no idea what to do about getting it fixed, and he felt hosed.

Jon told me on the phone, you said for him to take his time, no rush, flat out. He also said you worked out discounted parts in exchange for the wait. This is right from him!

If this isn't true, or you two worked something else out I'm unaware of, I'll erase or retract my earlier statement. If the -harness- is now acceptable for some reason by everyone, then off go the pictures when you get your manifold and everyone is happy in 2 days, yay. Just understand it was phrased to me... that since the harness was "no good" that other arrangements had to be made for the manifold.... but if its done, its done.

I thought we (jon, 2k1_itr, you) got screwed on the harness deal, but if Jon told you on the phone that everyone was 'ok', and now its hip w/ everyone, then **** Jon for even making it an issue for both parties.

Graphiteaccord: Yes it was a long wait, I'm surprised he said your manifold would work on a swapped H22 into an accord, and I even knew he missed a spot (turned out to be 3?) and cross shipped 2 manifolds. Hard to believe it gets worse than that. I didn't know there was also a wastegate block off plate missing (or unincluded). Evidently he tried to find you + your address to send you the plate, and after a few attempts you said not to bother. So I dunno what I can do (since I seem to be here playing customer-service to some excent) about that. Sorry you evidently got screwed.

Quick Reply: any NEW updates from the Drop Shop??