Notices

Any JRSC B20VTECs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any JRSC B20VTECs?

I looked in the JRSC thread but it is so damn huge.

Anyone here running a B20VTEC or other 84mm JRSC build?

What pulley combinations did you use to get your boost number?

What kind of dyno numbers are you getting?

What cams?

What compression ratio?
Old 03-28-2008, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any JRSC B20VTECs? (JohnnieChimpo)

nope, thats never been done before.

cough *search Larry Widmer LHT performance* cough.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any JRSC B20VTECs? (blinx9900)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nope, thats never been done before.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, I should have been more specific. Please reply with actual experience not BS.

Modified by JohnnieChimpo at 8:25 AM 3/28/2008
Old 03-28-2008, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JohnnieChimpo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks, I should have been more specific. Please reply with actual experience not BS.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh im sorry, did you want me to give you the link too cause your too lazy to type in the Yahoo search bar? spoon feeding
Old 03-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh im sorry, did you want me to give you the link too cause your too lazy to type in the Yahoo search bar? spoon feeding </TD></TR></TABLE>

Where do you see me asking for a link to another site?

Yes I've seen LHT's site this isn't my first day on the web.

I came here to talk to people with JRSC CRVTECs.

Have you seen LHT's site?

It doesn't answer the questions I asked here.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Chill out psycho... I think Veris has a B20 vtec JRSC, he has a huge website with calculators and desired compression ratios, mods and etc for different sized motors, including 2.0L motors. Just search for his posts and check his sig...

enjoy Chimp...

Sepetinswenze
Old 03-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any JRSC B20VTECs? (sepetinswenze)

I'm not psycho, I'm just damn tired of seeing blinx9900 and people like him not contributing anything to this site. Seriously, do a search and look at all the crap posts he makes. People like him should be expelled from the internet entirely.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JohnnieChimpo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not psycho, I'm just damn tired of seeing blinx9900 and people like him not contributing anything to this site. Seriously, do a search and look at all the crap posts he makes. People like him should be expelled from the internet entirely.</TD></TR></TABLE>

OMG! go eat some poop dude, i help so many people, do you see all my posts on FI, suspension, and TE? all my post on the suspension forum i see Targa in the same thread, all my posts in FI i see schister in the same thread, there both mods, surely if i was such a clown they would have done/said something.

i'm a smart guy and i know a lot, cause i research, i earned my knowledge through experience and WORK, 8 years does that. so yeah when i see clowns that want to be spoon fed and are too lazy to search the archives which takes 2 seconds i do and will get pissy. why dont you swing by http://www.ek9.org and see how many of my posts are stickied at the top of there forums...
Old 03-29-2008, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Let me rephrase this so you can understand me.

Blinx, please tell me about your JRSC B20VTEC experience.

If you don't have any, then STFU, this thread isn't for you.

I didn't make this thread asking for links. I made this thread looking for JRSC CRVTEC people to talk to about their setup.

I'm perfectly capable of doing my own searches and I've been to more sites than have been listed here so far.

Now, see if you can wrap your head around this, I'd like to talk to some people who have done this swap.

I can sit around and read magazines and internet for 8 years too or I can reach out through forums like this to actually interact with people who've done what I'm intending on doing.

Please feel free to go dazzle someone else with your vast knowledge of things you've seen in magazines or on the internet. Your "knowledge" wasn't asked for and is no longer desired in this thread.

Modified by JohnnieChimpo at 8:26 AM 3/29/2008
Old 03-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JohnnieChimpo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Let me rephrase this so you can understand me.

Blinx, please tell me about your JRSC B20VTEC experience.

If you don't have any, then STFU, this thread isn't for you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

considering i was using them when they first came out? nobody had b20vtecs back then, i would be more than happy to share my lsvtec, b16, gsr, d16, and LS JRSC experience with you but somehow i know you probably think your extra 200cc puts you on another level and my experiece could not possibly compare right?
Old 03-29-2008, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i do not have a JRSC but i will add my 2cents.

B20/VTEC with a JRSC sounds pretty cool. I'm pretty sure its not much more different that a normal B18C setup. you will probably see 20-40hp more and 20-30ft/lbs more with the extra displacement. is it worth it? that is up to you to decide if you will be satisfied with the limited power you can produce.

if you build the bottom end right it will take a good amount of abuse. much more than the M62 can deliver. i don't think you can make much more than 280whp even if you push 10-11psi out of the charger. anything more then you are running into some serious heat issues.

my friend just cracked some ring lands on a stock B18B with a JRSC. he was running the crappy FMU and he decided to change the crank pulley without changing anything else......kinda dumb on his part but he has NO clue on fuel management.

anyway.......as long as you build it properly and have the fuel system tuned properly it does not matter what anyone else thinks........you do not need anyone else's opinion on HT. you will constantly get flamed because everyone is to lazy to help out. just do what you like and it will work out fine.