Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any experience on Spoolin performance turbo mani<<

(spoolin performance turbo manifold)
just wondering if they are strong and hp maker? LMK
Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: any experience on Spoolin performance turbo mani<<

Yes his manifolds are really well made. He produces great stuff. I have a ramhorn manifold from him and I have not had any problems what so ever. U can pm him.. He responds very quickly and he has been in the game for a while. If u don't see something on his website that u want.. Pm him and he will or can see if he can get it for u.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I run his quick 4 manifold on my GSR, with a T4 turbo. Quality of the manifold is great, however the fitment was absolute ***. I had to cut the AC brackett and shave/cut some of the webbing of the block as well as cut the **** out of my radiator fan shroud just to fit the turbo. Had a slight mix up on the turbo flange I was using but his customer service was decent, and we got things fixed in time. All in all, good manifold builder, although for the price I defiantely expected a MUCH better fitment, Didnt like how he placed the wastegate, and also how much slanted in the manifold sat towards the block (this contributed to the poor fitment) PM me if you would like pics of what I had to do to make it work. Good luck with the build.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I have a used spoolin log and it's REALLY nice... top quality.

I'm probobly going to be getting a quick4 A/C setup now. Good Guy, Fast Answers, and TOP NOTCH products.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The person who posted above me probobly didn't send his turbo to Spoolin to ensure proper fitment... there isn't a lot of room to work with and if you buy one second hand or if you just order one without explaining what turbo and other details it's not going to fit like it was custom made to your setup... becuase it's not.

A mani/DP combo that fits PERFECT for one turbo may not fit for 3000 other turbos.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Didnt buy a manifold from him, but Spoolin Performance has great fast customer service. Always top of the line with his company.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great guy to deal with, 1 of my teammates have his mani and fitment is perfect...
Old 10-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

great product but be careful of the down pipes, he put the flex right under my oil pan and so it has dented my pan pretty good cause it can flex.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NonovUrbizniz
The person who posted above me probobly didn't send his turbo to Spoolin to ensure proper fitment... there isn't a lot of room to work with and if you buy one second hand or if you just order one without explaining what turbo and other details it's not going to fit like it was custom made to your setup... becuase it's not.

A mani/DP combo that fits PERFECT for one turbo may not fit for 3000 other turbos.
Your right, I didnt send my turbo to him, b/c this was a SIMPLE setup. realtively small T4 deisel turbo, and if you look at the pics of my setup (I can send you the link if your interested, unlikely that you are but w/e) There is absolutely no reason for the way the manifold slants in towards the block..... Im talking AT LEAST 8 inches from end to the rad. support, which ideally should have been made a a straight angle, and he would have still had at leas 5-6 inches to put the wastegate out the front like a ramhorn. Just blows my mind how this particular manifold was built, and after looking at a buddy of mines setup (t3 quick 4) our two manifolds are very different. I think part of the problem was that he was under the impression that my turbo (IHI RHC7) had a funky turbine flange and he was trying to compensate for it. I told him from the get go that it was a standard run of the mill T4 and no modification was needed at all. Either way, setup is complete and it made GREAT power. Just a big hassle with the fabrication I had to do and Cutting of my AC brackett and block, and radiator fan Shroud. I know he does good work, and my manifold is certiantly built strong, just wish it would have fit better.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't have an SP mani but I did get a CL downpipe made by him and it fits perfect. It got to my door in about a week.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran an S.P. log mani/ DP combo for a year, no issues, and now have an S.P. A-spec tubular mani/DP combo that I been running for over a year, no issues.

Top notch quality and fitment on both manis. Phil is the man. He'll have my future business when I switch manis again.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bseriescivic5, which quick mani did you get 2nd hand from him? you do know that he does make 2 quick4 manifolds, one with and one without ac. sounds like you got the non-ac manifold. ditch ac and would you have had any fitment problems? doesnt sound like it. did you confer with phil that it was suppose to be compatible with ac before you placed your order with him?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

loved my spoolin ramhorn. Very high quality piece.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bseriescivic5
Your right, I didnt send my turbo to him, b/c this was a SIMPLE setup. realtively small T4 deisel turbo, and if you look at the pics of my setup (I can send you the link if your interested, unlikely that you are but w/e) There is absolutely no reason for the way the manifold slants in towards the block..... Im talking AT LEAST 8 inches from end to the rad. support, which ideally should have been made a a straight angle, and he would have still had at leas 5-6 inches to put the wastegate out the front like a ramhorn. Just blows my mind how this particular manifold was built, and after looking at a buddy of mines setup (t3 quick 4) our two manifolds are very different. I think part of the problem was that he was under the impression that my turbo (IHI RHC7) had a funky turbine flange and he was trying to compensate for it. I told him from the get go that it was a standard run of the mill T4 and no modification was needed at all. Either way, setup is complete and it made GREAT power. Just a big hassle with the fabrication I had to do and Cutting of my AC brackett and block, and radiator fan Shroud. I know he does good work, and my manifold is certiantly built strong, just wish it would have fit better.
Look, if you order a CUSTOM manifold and don't send in the parts required to ensure proper fitment... DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT FITMENT.

The FIRST time I spoke to phil about JUST a downpipe setup he said send me the turbo and the manifold you're using so I can be sure everything fits well... I'm sure he told you the same thing.

You should preface all your defamatory posts with "I didn't listen to him about making it fit. and I'm really mad it doesn't fit right."

++++

OP: if you listen to phil and send him your turbo you will get a top notch grade A product that fits great, and lasts like a ****.

And I'm not a fanboy either. ALL the big name manifold manufacturers make top notch stuff, and nothing makes me angry like scorned 1 out of a thousand customers who air their gripes left right and center without qualifying their statements. Fact of the matter is if the above poster had sent in his turbo like you're supposed to everything would fit fine... My guess is he cheaped out and didn't want to spend the money to ship the turbo (that or he assumed he knew more about the fitment ease then the guy who actually makes the manifold).

I'm going spoolin because when I started looking thats who's manifolds were on the majority of builds I was looking at... when I contacted him he was helpful clear and quick with all his reply's. His prices are also very competative.

Check out the blog section of his website... the manifolds on there are nothing short of art.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:01 PM

hay! guys thanks for all of your reply's... Just to let you all know I 'm building a 94 accord w/ h22, also keeping my a/c, p/s, and alternator in the same places..
any experiences, KEEP IT COMING!thanks Aloha's
Old 10-10-2009, 07:14 AM

we try to take care of our customers the best we can, whether its discounts on other items, refunds, covering shipment costs for our mistakes. Everyone thats dealed with me will tell you that I try to accomodate their needs and make things right the best to my abilities.

If you're unhappy about something let me know cuz I take care of all of my customers
Old 10-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Look, if you order a CUSTOM manifold and don't send in the parts required to ensure proper fitment... DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT FITMENT.

The FIRST time I spoke to phil about JUST a downpipe setup he said send me the turbo and the manifold you're using so I can be sure everything fits well... I'm sure he told you the same thing.

You should preface all your defamatory posts with "I didn't listen to him about making it fit. and I'm really mad it doesn't fit right."

++++

OP: if you listen to phil and send him your turbo you will get a top notch grade A product that fits great, and lasts like a ****.

And I'm not a fanboy either. ALL the big name manifold manufacturers make top notch stuff, and nothing makes me angry like scorned 1 out of a thousand customers who air their gripes left right and center without qualifying their statements. Fact of the matter is if the above poster had sent in his turbo like you're supposed to everything would fit fine... My guess is he cheaped out and didn't want to spend the money to ship the turbo (that or he assumed he knew more about the fitment ease then the guy who actually makes the manifold).

I'm going spoolin because when I started looking thats who's manifolds were on the majority of builds I was looking at... when I contacted him he was helpful clear and quick with all his reply's. His prices are also very competative.

Check out the blog section of his website... the manifolds on there are nothing short of art.

If you saw the pictures, you might understand, it wasnt even remotely close. 94 hatch, no AC, no powersteering, got the NON-AC manifold, I use stock dual core rad. Turbo is the size of a 60-1, T4 footprint. Manifold sits wayyy to far back towards block, had to make extensive cutting mods, I built DP myself. Im not trying to bash anyone here at all just putting in my .02. He asked me for pictures of the flange, ect I provided poor ones, but told him that it was T4 flange and just to make me that. Pmed two weeks later and said he made it T3 and that i would have to dremmel out flange. I told him i wanted T4 like i stated in beggining. he fixed everything no problems which was great, added about 2 weeks extra until i got it. End of my posting in here.

Last edited by Bseriescivic5; 10-10-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Man U FTW

Phil, ProjectDC2, makes great products. I would recommend them to anyone. If you have any further questions, you can easily PM him...he's online all the time . I'm going to watch this thread and it'll probably get locked since you've gotten the answer many a time already. Just a heads up...otherwise this'll be a runaway pic and props thread. I'm sure Phil won't mind though
Old 10-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bseriescivic5
If you saw the pictures, you might understand, it wasnt even remotely close. 94 hatch, no AC, no powersteering, got the NON-AC manifold, I use stock dual core rad. Turbo is the size of a 60-1, T4 footprint. Manifold sits wayyy to far back towards block, had to make extensive cutting mods, I built DP myself. Im not trying to bash anyone here at all just putting in my .02. He asked me for pictures of the flange, ect I provided poor ones, but told him that it was T4 flange and just to make me that. Pmed two weeks later and said he made it T3 and that i would have to dremmel out flange. I told him i wanted T4 like i stated in beggining. he fixed everything no problems which was great, added about 2 weeks extra until i got it. End of my posting in here.
You do know NO ONE runs those a/c mounts so fitment there is just a stupid reson to be unhappy. I have told people there is just no good way to go about building a shorty style manifold with the a/c bracket where it is. and to be honest your sound very stupid bringing up a fitment issue that to me looks like there is non.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by project dc2
we try to take care of our customers the best we can, whether its discounts on other items, refunds, covering shipment costs for our mistakes. Everyone thats dealed with me will tell you that I try to accomodate their needs and make things right the best to my abilities.

If you're unhappy about something let me know cuz I take care of all of my customers
thanks man for finally responding about your SP manifold..
Old 10-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 91jdmhatchback
You do know NO ONE runs those a/c mounts so fitment there is just a stupid reson to be unhappy. I have told people there is just no good way to go about building a shorty style manifold with the a/c bracket where it is. and to be honest your sound very stupid bringing up a fitment issue that to me looks like there is non.

I guess your blind then? I provided pictures, if you cant take the time to look at them then thats not my fault. Im sorry you guys dont run Tq. mounts, I do. Once again the ONE guy that voices his opinion in a negative way gets flamed. Standard issue for this website. once again im not hating on anyone, Phils customer service is top notch, he builds great manifolds, mine is not an exception, I was just voiceing my experience from start to finish. hate if youd like. He took care of me and my setup is together. In the end thats all that really matters. End of story, im done posting in this thread and getting flammed. This is a technicial forum, and I was merely trying to show you guys and the OP my experience with the manifold and what I had to do to make it work. I sound very stupid? thanks, I appriciate it. Have a great day fellas.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by project dc2

Quoted For Truth.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ So you're trying to show what happens when YOU do something wrong in ordering a custom manifold...

Phil didn't do anything wrong... you have an oddball turbo that most honda guys just don't use (chances are that's because you found it cheap and wanted to use it even though it's not ideal or standard). B you ordered a non-ac setup but you have your A/C bracket still installed... Let me guess you didn't mention that either...

WTF man. people "hate" on you becuase YOU ****ed up and are trying to make it seem like Phil did... Stop bitching... if you want to bitch, bitch at yourself for skimping out on the extra 40-50 bucks it would've cost to ship the freaking turbo to him like you should.

Hell even if you had sent him DECENT scaled photographs of the turbo and your engine bay chances are everything would have been fine. Phil probobly angled the manifold towards the block to allow room for the radiator/fan shroud assuming that your a/c bracket was gone in view of your large compressor and exhaust housings.

You come into ALL these threads about spooling and imply that his fitment sucks... it doesn't. Your effort to ensure that it fit was non-existant. He told you to send him the turbo... you didn't, he probobly asked for good pictures, you said you sent shitty ones... You ****ed yourself and now because you're a lazy cheap idiot you feel you have the right to drag a GOOD vender/sponsor/contributer through the mud as if it were his fault. I swear to god If I were a vendor 90pct of the people on here would get refused service...

Damn near ALL of the vendors on here a good people who share our love of honda's, they don't just sit off in an office somewhere taking advantage of our desire to spend WAY more money on our cars then they'll ever be worth. They're people who are doing the SAME THING and trying to offset the costs or make a profit doing what they love.

Phil and tons of the other long time sponsors/contributers browse the forums and offer free advise to people on a regular bassis... They CONTRIBUTE in both awesome products designed for our cars and priceless knowledge from their years of experience.

You suck.

Phil Rocks.

OP don't listen to morons unless you're also a moron. Phil and everyone but this guy seem to know how to get flawless awesome manifolds that fit great... you do it right the FIRST TIME... even if it means spending some extra money on shipping out your turbo and taking the time to answer any questions that phil has or to make any specific requests that you have.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ So you're trying to show what happens when YOU do something wrong in ordering a custom manifold...

Phil didn't do anything wrong... you have an oddball turbo that most honda guys just don't use (chances are that's because you found it cheap and wanted to use it even though it's not ideal or standard). B you ordered a non-ac setup but you have your A/C bracket still installed... Let me guess you didn't mention that either...

WTF man. people "hate" on you becuase YOU ****ed up and are trying to make it seem like Phil did... Stop bitching... if you want to bitch, bitch at yourself for skimping out on the extra 40-50 bucks it would've cost to ship the freaking turbo to him like you should.

Hell even if you had sent him DECENT scaled photographs of the turbo and your engine bay chances are everything would have been fine. Phil probobly angled the manifold towards the block to allow room for the radiator/fan shroud assuming that your a/c bracket was gone in view of your large compressor and exhaust housings.

You come into ALL these threads about spooling and imply that his fitment sucks... it doesn't. Your effort to ensure that it fit was non-existant. He told you to send him the turbo... you didn't, he probobly asked for good pictures, you said you sent shitty ones... You ****ed yourself and now because you're a lazy cheap idiot you feel you have the right to drag a GOOD vender/sponsor/contributer through the mud as if it were his fault. I swear to god If I were a vendor 90pct of the people on here would get refused service...

Damn near ALL of the vendors on here a good people who share our love of honda's, they don't just sit off in an office somewhere taking advantage of our desire to spend WAY more money on our cars then they'll ever be worth. They're people who are doing the SAME THING and trying to offset the costs or make a profit doing what they love.

Phil and tons of the other long time sponsors/contributers browse the forums and offer free advise to people on a regular bassis... They CONTRIBUTE in both awesome products designed for our cars and priceless knowledge from their years of experience.

You suck.

Phil Rocks.

OP don't listen to morons unless you're also a moron. Phil and everyone but this guy seem to know how to get flawless awesome manifolds that fit great... you do it right the FIRST TIME... even if it means spending some extra money on shipping out your turbo and taking the time to answer any questions that phil has or to make any specific requests that you have.
Im a moron and an idiot and i suck. Excellent, thanks for contributing good TECHNICAL information. you really set the example for good honda-tech support. Sorry that no one runs the AC bracket anymore like you are SOPPOSE TO, and sorry that im an idiot, didnt send my turbo, didnt provide good pictures, and most importantly am a complete MORON. I provided my experience with the OP and thats all that matters. If Phil had asked me to send it in that would have been done. He did not. Reguardless of anything, I didnt ensure that he had all variables to ensure a good fitment, shame on me. W/e my **** is done, makes great power and is one of the best turbos i have ever had on a honda. Not sure how you get the "oddball turbo comment" cuz there isnt anything oddball about it. Im sorry that I am the cause of this thread getting turned into a pissing contest, its my fault obviously and ill end my posting in here. Best wishes for you OP and your build.