Notices

any charged ITR with Haltech here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any charged ITR with Haltech here?

Is there any F/I ITR which is equipped with a Haltech standalone here? I ask this, because I need a ground setup (fuel-map......etc....) for my ITR when I install the Haltech E6K.

Anybody know a ITR with it? thanks!
Old 10-22-2001, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: any charged ITR with Haltech here? (austrian ITR)

No. 1 dont believe in sharing programs, No. 2 Haltech will get your cranking fuel set up for you, before you start it will ask for all you car specs and estimate the cranking fuel. No.3 when tuning your car make sure that VTEC is either always engaged or completely disengaged or make damn sure that you add 50% fuel at 5500rpm and then trim back - you will not be able to make adjustments for vtec quick enough from the laptop before your otor blows
Old 10-22-2001, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: any charged ITR with Haltech here? (rtype11)

That would be assuming trying full throttle runs on an unknown map.

Cranking fuel? I think your talking about a different system or a very old version because the E6K software doesn't estimate anything based on specs you enter. It comes with a generic sample map, but that's it.

austrian ITR, I have some changes to the wire map for the VTEC solenoid and secondary intake butterfly solenoid.
Old 10-22-2001, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. 1 dont believe in sharing programs
....bah...why are we on here again....To help eachother out.....
Old 10-22-2001, 08:45 AM

Default Re: any charged ITR with Haltech here? (Blown90hatcH)

Thanks! Damn, I know I can not WOT, drive hard with my car with a copied map. All I want to do with it, is driving 50km to the wide band O2 dyno. With no map I can not start my car.

Dirtylude: What do you mean you have some changes to the wire map?

[Modified by austrian ITR, 9:47 AM 10/22/2001]
Old 10-22-2001, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: any charged ITR with Haltech here? (Blown90hatcH)

the reason for not sharing programs is due to the fact that what may work for my car may blow yours up ie> my pistons are jet hot coated and I run my car at elevated EGT ranges that would blow up other cars, hoe do you adjust for elevation, maybe I live in the mountains and you live in death valley Ca, you cannot expect to run the same mixture as me, you could be off by as much as 25% on the fuel alone! If you have a good program remember that it is at the limit of your car, if just one variable in the recipient car is different it could lead to a blow up.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You adjust for elevation by using the barometric pressure correction, or you just up or down the entire map by a percentage to make it run better. Like he said, he's not trying for a race tuned map here, just a very rough street tune to get him to the dyno.

To get a street tune, try this. Install the fuel correction trim **** pot so that you can turn it manualy which will make it easier to find the correct idle value. Turn on the Zero Throttle map. With your foot totaly off of the gas peddle adjust the entire map up or down until you can get the car to start and idle. Once you have the car idling, get a datalog of it and send it to me and I'll try to make something for you to get you to the dyno. You will absolutely not want to push the car above 20% throttle with this map and watch the a/f gauge to make sure your not totaly off. Use the fuel correction trim **** to richen it up as it needs it.

Are you using the 2bar sensor or 3bar? Are you using the stock Honda air temp and coolant temp sensors or the Delco ones?
Old 10-22-2001, 11:30 AM

Default Re: any charged ITR with Haltech here? (DirtyLude)

I´ve ordered me the 3 bar Map sensor. As for the sensors, I want to use the sensors included to the kit. You said that the Honda ones are off and the readings from the sensors are not accurate translated for the Haltech system.

Is Delco the sensor-brand which are included to the Haltech kit?
Old 10-22-2001, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: any charged ITR with Haltech here? (austrian ITR)

Yes, Delco is the GM sensors.

That's good. I never did get good correction maps for the stock sensors made up.

As for the wiring. My wire map shows the solenoids directly wired to the E6K outputs. Unfortunately they need power, not switched to ground, so you need to run a relay to them.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:12 PM

Default Re: any charged ITR with Haltech here? (DirtyLude)

hhmmmm? The sensors needs power, what do you mean switching them to a relay? Can´t I plug them in any usual 12+ power line?