Notices

Another Oil Return Line Post

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 06:02 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Oil Return Line Post

My setup is Neukin manifold, T3/60-1 Garrett. I have already been tuned and everything was fine. I went to run at the track and I ripped the oil return line(used to have rubber) and the 90 degree coupler. So I did SS line this time. I started the car up and it was smoking little bit(condensation), when it was warmed up I revved it a bit, and a good bit of white smoke came out, so I shut the car off. The only thing I have done since I ran at the track was change the oil return line and put on a new coupler. This is the first time the car has been ran since then. Please help me, this sucks . Pics of the oil return:

And yes that is jbweld on the oil pan. It was welded on properly but it was still leaking so i put some on there to help the leaking problem.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another Oil Return Line Post (RotiEatter)

Oil return looks good
Old 05-21-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Another Oil Return Line Post (Turbocivic94)

Sorry but i disagree. The drip on the pipe clearly shows the lowest point and that the oil has to go up to the pan.
I dont think it is your problem tho because the smoke should be blue if it was the line.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Another Oil Return Line Post (crispydee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crispydee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry but i disagree. The drip on the pipe clearly shows the lowest point and that the oil has to go up to the pan.
I dont think it is your problem tho because the smoke should be blue if it was the line.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The return line maybe at it's lowest point because of that drop of oil, but that doesn't really matter, because the main focus of concern is to make sure that the return line does not have an upward slope.

In Rottieater's situation, the return line makes a 90degree turn and is practically horizontal(This is fine) and does not change it's slope from that point onto the oil pan. Once the slope is no longer negative, the drop can't move any further because gravity does not move left and right.

How is this ok for the oil inside the return line? Because although there is no oil pressure going through the return line, there is still a constant flow of oil running through it from the turbo, which is enough pressure to keep the oil flowing to the oil pan. As long as the flow is not working "against" gravity, and in Rottieater's case it is not, you will be fine

Khoi
Old 05-21-2005, 06:50 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Another Oil Return Line Post (Sohc Driver)

Here are some pics of the old return line, when it never smoked:

Old 05-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another Oil Return Line Post (RotiEatter)

bump