Notices

ANOTHER injector question, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2001, 06:25 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANOTHER injector question, please help!

i seek to lower my fuel pressures. 50psi at idle, 70-75 psi "baseline," ±100psi at max boost, maybe a bit more, my gauge doesn't go farther than that. it *should* be baseline + 30, but who knows.

does anyone know specifically what the biggest injectors a stock prelude ecu will control? if i go with bigger injectors will i also need to replace the stock FPR (the one on the rail, not the JR AFPR?) is this just a bad idea overall? replacing the stock FPR will be NO FUN and probably require replacing the fuel rail, which i am extremely reluctant to do. everyone except JR and other owners of SC'd H22s seem to think the fuel pressures the kit generates are just crazy. comments range from "you must be mistaken, the car can't run with a 52psi idle" to "your injectors are going to fail and your engine is going to die."

apologies for any obvious questions here; i did extensive searching beforehand. thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2001, 09:13 AM
New User

Default Re: ANOTHER injector question, please help! (schwett)

tttt ! ?
Old 09-17-2001, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My base fp when i had a JRSC was about 55psi and so are most people it is not much to worry about
Old 09-17-2001, 09:31 AM
New User

Default Re: ANOTHER injector question, please help! (redline)

base meaning idle, or pressure with the vac line from the jr afpr removed? you think the stock injectors will stand up to 105psi at WOT?
Old 09-17-2001, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

with vaccum my FP was 55psi and about 67psi with out vac. And pegged fp gauge in boost. It is not that great for stock injectors. If you have a very heavy foot i would look at changing injectors and raise rate. The problem with the prelude kit is the JR black box adjusts fuel curves based on stock injectors. I am not sure how that would work with differnet injectors. I would say throw out the patchs and got a hondata if you want to do this

k
Old 09-17-2001, 10:08 AM
New User

Default Re: ANOTHER injector question, please help! (redline)

hondata is not an option. is there a piggyback method of adjusting fuel curves under boost?

with vaccum my FP was 55psi and about 67psi with out vac. And pegged fp gauge in boost. It is not that great for stock injectors. If you have a very heavy foot i would look at changing injectors and raise rate. The problem with the prelude kit is the JR black box adjusts fuel curves based on stock injectors. I am not sure how that would work with differnet injectors. I would say throw out the patchs and got a hondata if you want to do this

k