Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alternative to Uberchip....

what ya think?
http://www.autoserve.8m.com/Ch...Turbo
Old 05-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (pissedoffsol)

sounds like a good alternative... how much does it cost and has anyone used it?
Old 05-28-2003, 07:49 PM

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (chidoks)

no pr4 love
Old 05-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (BuddyLee)

thats what I am saying................no PR4 love
Old 05-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (nitroice40)

Ah, RPT/Richard Wong's little franchise. Some people don't like the guy for various reasons, but he's been helpful and friendly to me, and always has free advice/tech for people on PGMFI. I've never heard of a customer complaint regarding his products. There was a nasty tiff about the origin of some of his code, but I really don't have any first hand experience - just like most of the people bitching about that.

No PR4 love? Lemme load this into the n00b cannon and fire it at you... 92-93 PR4 is P74. P75 is GS-R code and mobo, but since KS is disabled and VTEC and IAB settings are set above redline it works perfectly.

Little known factoid... weaksauce P06 has secondary VTEC maps and VTEC settings, VTEC set above redline. Most Honda ECUs do, as the code and hardware is modular and designed for a common platform.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (J. Davis)

Good info, man!

Sonny
Old 05-29-2003, 01:31 PM

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (Sonny)

J. DAVIS - "No PR4 love? Lemme load this into the n00b cannon and fire it at you"

damn, im hit.........medic!
Old 05-30-2003, 04:13 PM

i'd like to see more info on these chips too... like fuel and ignition maps... maybe some dynos (w/ air fuel ratios) of car running them...
Old 05-30-2003, 05:20 PM

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (1.8T_EG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.8T_EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'd like to see more info on these chips too... like fuel and ignition maps... maybe some dynos (w/ air fuel ratios) of car running them... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-30-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (b3435)

id like to see my ecu
Old 05-30-2003, 06:40 PM

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (94goldjungsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94goldjungsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id like to see my ecu</TD></TR></TABLE>
damn...whats the status, or still unchanged

It looks like Uberchips are gone since chris stopped selling them. I was really looking forward to it to esp after the success stories.

Any luck contacting blake? I was thinking of emailing him to see if he will still sell the uberchip even though Chris stopped, but if he isn't responding to anyone...
is he still alive?
Old 05-30-2003, 08:34 PM

ive tried everything hes like disappeared. i am really irritated.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Pat
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (94goldjungsr)

so nobody's been able to get a refund either?
Old 05-30-2003, 09:57 PM

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (Pat)

... chris = hatchblack?... so he stopped selling the uberchip?... dammit!... i was planning on ordering one from him once i finished off my engine rebuild...
Old 05-31-2003, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

u waited to long.....just get hondata and forget uber. the software isn't that good anyway.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.8T_EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... chris = hatchblack?... so he stopped selling the uberchip?... dammit!... i was planning on ordering one from him once i finished off my engine rebuild... </TD></TR></TABLE>

You and me both, who knows maybe blake will surface...alien obduction?
Old 05-31-2003, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i shouldnt say it isnt good,just no familar with it yet. can't figure 3bar out for anything....
Old 05-31-2003, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its true that Chris is not selling them and Uberteg does not care to sell them or deal with it then is his code gonna dissapear forever? I think it would kinda suck because like it or not im sure theres a lot of effort in it and it is a contribution to our sport and its progress. Maybe he could just give something back to the community and release the software and code open source for all like ghettodyne. Dont really see him wanting do that but that would be cool as hell! I dont care if he has an attitude or not he would be cool with me!
Old 05-31-2003, 08:59 AM

So does anyone know any specs on these turbo chips? What injectors is it tuned for????? It does not say so is it supposed to be stock injectors? If thats the case its seems like you might as well be a 20 dollar greddy turbo chip off ebay and I dont think either will be worth a crap. How does it handle timing. Does it retard timing with boost?

Edit: I emailed them about this and to see if there are any other specs or info they can give me, Ill post if they reply.

Modified by omahaturbocivic at 12:20 PM 5/31/2003
Old 05-31-2003, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (omahaturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omahaturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If its true that Chris is not selling them and Uberteg does not care to sell them or deal with it then is his code gonna dissapear forever? I think it would kinda suck because like it or not im sure theres a lot of effort in it and it is a contribution to our sport and its progress. Maybe he could just give something back to the community and release the software and code open source for all like ghettodyne. Dont really see him wanting do that but that would be cool as hell! I dont care if he has an attitude or not he would be cool with me!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ghettodyne's code is not nor ever will be open source. Mike doesn't care to have people selling pirate versions of his software reskinned.

Blake already posted his boost code (different from tuner app), the 0.005% of it that is not stock Honda code, to PGMFI. Free to anybody who knows how to use it, not for resale.

ERM may or may not ever be a freeware. He's discussed the possibility in the past. His attitude, subject to change a LOT, is that coding is just like wrenching. Just like there is a difference between a rich man who pays to have his car turbocharged, and an enthusiast who can do his own wrenching there is also a difference between a rich man who can buy Hondata and an enthusiast who can code his own. I can attest that there's less to learn in re coding than in learning how to wrench/fab, so whiners who don't like that position can stfu pls kthx.

Old 05-31-2003, 09:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ERM may or may not ever be a freeware. He's discussed the possibility in the past. His attitude, subject to change a LOT, is that coding is just like wrenching. Just like there is a difference between a rich man who pays to have his car turbocharged, and an enthusiast who can do his own wrenching there is also a difference between a rich man who can buy Hondata and an enthusiast who can code his own. I can attest that there's less to learn in re coding than in learning how to wrench/fab, so whiners who don't like that position can stfu pls kthx.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can understand that totally and im not whining. Im not saying he needs to give away, it would just be nice to see it readily available to the public which it does not seem to be right now. I would hate to see his software and efforts go to waste when me and many others would still like to give it a try. It would be benefical to the average enthusiast if there were more options than to either write your own code or spend 1000 dollars on hondata.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Just like there is a difference between a rich man who pays to have his car turbocharged, and an enthusiast who can do his own wrenching there is also a difference between a rich man who can buy Hondata and an enthusiast who can code his own. I can attest that there's less to learn in re coding than in learning how to wrench/fab, so whiners who don't like that position can stfu pls kthx.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

you are making some sense with the difference between a rich man and an enthusiast. but there is also something to be said about innovating and advancing the sport. with a product like erm, it gives car enthusiasts (who are not programming enthusiasts) the opportunity to tune their own cars. in addition, erm (even in its current state) is competitive with other software in the market and as we all know competition drive innovation (and drives down prices as well ). so whether or not blake decides to release the software or not, imho, i think it would be a good idea. but that's not up to me. and if he doesnt, then i guess i am one of those whiners who don't like that position and will stfu pls kthx. my .02
Old 05-31-2003, 11:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Richard Wong &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Chris,

The chip is make for turbocharged Honda up to 10 Psi boost with stock Map sensor. No check valve or missing link needed. The Map is extended from NA all the way up to turbo range with all the boost level carefully setup. The timing is being retard with every pound of boost and fuel were added accordingly. The chip is designed for original cc injectors but we can reprogram it to fit your injector size.

Thanks

Richard
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm, sounds like it might be worth a try if its correctly recalibrated for 450s. I dont know that I wanna be the one to test it though.

Modified by omahaturbocivic at 2:17 PM 5/31/2003
Old 05-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

450cc and stock map has been done for awhile, now its time to work on 3bar.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:28 AM

Default Re: alternative to Uberchip.... (turbodGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbodGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">450cc and stock map has been done for awhile, now its time to work on 3bar.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know if you saw but he has 3 bar support for the pr3. That would be cool if he offered an obd1 chip with 3 bar.

Quick Reply: alternative to Uberchip....