Notices

AEM EMS basemaps post yours here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM EMS basemaps post yours here!

I am trying to make a thread where ppl can post their AEM basemaps. This will be for people that are new to the EMS to come and find something closest to their car to help get the tuning process started.

IMPORTANT- If someone has the same setup as you dont just assume their base map will work fine! These are only for starting to tune. Please DO NOT drive your car on someone else's base map, no matter how close you think it might be.

With that taken care of, please post your base map and all of your setup info.

OBD
block
power adders
EMS version
injector size

and anything else that might be important

I can host the maps if you cant. Please feel free to PM me. I want this thread to be a good place to get a basemap.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2004, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good idea, worth a free bump.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:09 PM

Come on, I know a bunch of you guys here in FI run the EMS.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a few maps, but they need to be hosted. the map i have for my car is with:
99 accord 5spd
drag 4 turbo kit with tial wastegate
black top dsm injectors
stock map sensor
30-1010 box w/ AEM UEGO

air:fuel is dialed in and is flat in the 11's all the way to redline. untuned timing map. all done with street tuning. still needs some real tuning tho, i'm by far done. i raced a 350Z and he inched away from me, he had crank pulley and cold air intake, but the thing is....i raced him b4 when he was stock and when i was on the FMU setup on the stock ecu and pulled on him with just 7psi....soo i definitely need some tuning on the timing map, but i can't get my knock table setup correctly yet. i should have pulled on him i think.

i'll have to get them maps laters, they are on my laptop....i'll pm u when i get em.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:33 AM

Default Re: AEM EMS basemaps post yours here! (revhigh96)

All of these maps are on the AEM website as well as within the AEM software. I am not sure of your point.

If this were a thread of tuned AEM maps that would be different.

By the way, I love my AEM but what I have now is far from what the base map was when I started.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:38 PM

yeah, my wording was wrong, I want your tuned maps not really basemaps, I was just thinking they would be a good place to start for people. The startup calibrations are ok but I think some allready tuned calibrations would make things so much easier. Also if some of you guys have other options setup ppl can download your map to get a better idea of how it is done (like boost control and stuff like that)
Old 06-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (revhigh96)

Unless I've missed something (which I hope is the case), the AEM forum only has the maps that came with the software CD, which consists of a whole 3 maps.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (servion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by servion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unless I've missed something (which I hope is the case), the AEM forum only has the maps that came with the software CD, which consists of a whole 3 maps. </TD></TR></TABLE>

comes with a lot more than 3 maps.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MachAF)

I have not been on the AEM Forum for awhile, but there are quite a few basemaps on that site. I can say I have gotten a lot of information and help from the site as well as help from Jdogg.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Re: (BodyKits NW)

Post some up guys. I know someone has a Greddy GSR 18G map they want to share.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My mad, I meant 3 honda/acura maps.

If there are more than that, can you post me a link? I can't seem to find them on the aem forum.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BodyKits NW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BodyKits NW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have not been on the AEM Forum for awhile, but there are quite a few basemaps on that site. I can say I have gotten a lot of information and help from the site as well as help from Jdogg. </TD></TR></TABLE>Yeah, and Jdogg twin Wadzii.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Re: (b_ron007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b_ron007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">air:fuel is dialed in and is flat in the 11's all the way to redline. untuned timing map. all done with street tuning. still needs some real tuning tho, i'm by far done. i raced a 350Z and he inched away from me, he had crank pulley and cold air intake, but the thing is....i raced him b4 when he was stock and when i was on the FMU setup on the stock ecu and pulled on him with just 7psi....soo i definitely need some tuning on the timing map, but i can't get my knock table setup correctly yet. i should have pulled on him i think.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How are you all done with street tuning, when you just decided that your car is tuned worse with the EMS than it was with a FMU????

It sounds to me like you have hours of street tuning left.

Your timing maps are totally banjaxed.