Notices

Action clutch... which one do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Action clutch... which one do I have?

I got an action clutch from a friend and I was just wondering how I could tell exactly which one it is... he can't remember. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Action clutch... which one do I have? (BenEKCpe)

what are you trying to find out, if its for a b or d series? or which disc or pressure plate?

you're looking for what type of disc it is. if it has pucks, like a 4 or 6 puck or if its a full face organic material like a stock disc.

on the plate, its either going to be a single diaphragm or a dual. you can check where the plate( the metal things that are in the center) if its a dual, there should be 2 metal plates on top of each other, if its just 1, then its a single diaphragm.

also on the disc, the options are sprung or solid disc. sprung obviously will have a spring on the center of the disc, solid will have no spring any where on the disc.

We've been selling Action since the 90s, good clutches. any other questions let me know.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Action clutch... which one do I have? (exospeedAMcrx)

Yeah I know its a sprung 6 puck... I was just trying to figure out whether it was the 2MS or the 1MS.. thanks for your input.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Action clutch... which one do I have? (BenEKCpe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BenEKCpe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just trying to figure out whether it was the 2MS or the 1MS.. thanks for your input.</TD></TR></TABLE>

on the plate, its either going to be a single diaphragm or a dual. you can check where the plate( the metal things that are in the center) if its a dual, there should be 2 metal plates on top of each other, if its just 1, then its a single diaphragm.

2MS is a dual diaphragm with a sprung puck disc.
1MS is a single diaphragm with a sprung puck disc.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Action clutch... which one do I have? (exospeedAMcrx)

Cool thanks for your help
Old 03-15-2009, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Action clutch... which one do I have?

so i bought a 1MS and had it installed for about 120 bucks from my mechanic and i asked him if he could lower the catch point but he said it had something to do with the pressure plate?...also my clutch feels like stiff on the top but if you press harder past the catch point which is pretty high by the way...it gets as soft as stepping on bread...is there a way to fix this?
Old 06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Action clutch... which one do I have?

Originally Posted by ChineseSamurai
so i bought a 1MS and had it installed for about 120 bucks from my mechanic and i asked him if he could lower the catch point but he said it had something to do with the pressure plate?...also my clutch feels like stiff on the top but if you press harder past the catch point which is pretty high by the way...it gets as soft as stepping on bread...is there a way to fix this?
sorry to ressurect this thread but im having the same problem... whats up with the super high friction point???