Notices

Accel Gen 7 here I come!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accel Gen 7 here I come!

Well everyone I am 99.9% sure that I am going to go with the Accel Gen 7 and call it a day! Monday i am calling my tuner to get a final price and cost of labor to wire it up.
Does anyone here know if it has a boost option? I am pretty sure it does although I can't seem to find it anywhere on there site. I also hope I can figure out a way to use my FJO wideband on the Accel. There wideband option is $900.00 !
Well if anyone is intrested in purchasing an AEM, hit me up. I will know for sure either Monday or Tuesday. I still need to talk with my tuner and finalize everything.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Accel Gen 7 here I come! (turbo Si)

Baller!
Old 10-06-2002, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Accel Gen 7 here I come! (TurboDANDEE)

Man i'm just trying to get on your level!
Answer your phone!

[Modified by turbo Si, 11:09 PM 10/6/2002]
Old 10-06-2002, 09:20 PM

my bad, i dont have my phone this weekend, i dont get it back till tomorrow cause im switching over.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:11 PM

Hey I might need you to make me a wire harness like you did for your Speed Pro! We'll actually i'll wait to see if it works, but yeah I might need you to! Accel should be pretty similar?
Old 10-08-2002, 02:05 AM
Better than steak

No!!! hehe
Old 10-08-2002, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Accel Gen 7 here I come! (Arturbo)

Lawrence said he was going to have his tech check the wires for the map sensor again, and if he can't figure out the problem then the Accel Gen 7 we be installed. Lawrence really wants to get the AEM to work, but i guess I have bad luck with the system or something. I think going Gen 7 will have a better outcome for me since Lawrence knows how to work with that system! So hopefully I will be hearing from him today.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:08 AM

dfi Gen 7 is a great system!! That's what I'm running on it right now. Offcourse there is a boost option. The option is the map sensor. If you want to run boost then get the 3bar map senor. When you buy the dfi kit you must let them know if it's boost or not. They will include everything the map sensor, 02 sensor, and all the other sensors that are needed to be installed. You do know that you will have to modify the stock distrubutor to make it work right? I hope your tuner/mechanic knows how to do this. You really don't need to hook up a wide band o2 for daily driving. The o2 they provide will be good enough, but the wideband 02 would help out alot. You can set the target a/f map up and the wideband 02 it would be more accurate and precise then the other o2 they provide. The correction factor is only off by a little with the 02 they provide.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Accel Gen 7 here I come! (ekb18c)

I spoke with the tech, Mike at Accel and he seemed really helpful. It does not come with a boost option like the AEM although he said he could figure something out. So is your car daily driven. If sohow is it? Did you piggy back the system to keep your a/c and so forth or did chunk the stock ecu?
Old 10-08-2002, 11:56 AM

Wait , maybe I'm gettign confused here. What boost option , like AEM, are you talking about? I chucked the stock computer, however AC works. You don't need the stock computer to make the AC work. All I have is the DFI box. I havent ran it at the track yet.

The only guys that know how to make the AC work on Accel DFI gen7(w/o the stock computer) is Rpm Nyc. I don't even think Accel themselves know how to make AC work.

I'm going to say this again. You know that the stock dist. needs to be modifed inorder for dfi to work right?????? You CAN NOT just use a regular STOCK dist. I do have a plug and play harness for DFI Gen 7 for obd1 cars. It's being tested right now, and I expect to have it done very soon.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just a little food for thought. My buddy Jack ay racetronix sells that system complete with wiring harness. He will beat any price you see out there on this unit. If you can save money, do it. His number is 416 756-2383 and his email address is sales@racetronix.com and website is http://www.racetronix.com The bonus about his guy is that he sells and builds wirning harnesses himself so he is very very technical and can walk you through any problem you may have. Felpro has their customers talk to him directly about technical problems. Hope this helps. Oh ya tell him Mike Ricketts sent ya and that I said he would give you a wicked price.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Accel Gen 7 here I come! (MIKES)

ekb18c... is the distributor set up with the Gen 7 the same as the Speedpro? The Speedpro comes with the OBDI plug, but it doesnt have the second small clip, where the tach wire and power goes to. If it is the same, then Turbo Si can use the same wire harness that i made for Speedpro. About the A/C.. did u add a relay for it to make it work?
Old 10-08-2002, 01:11 PM

Well with AEM, you can buy a GM boost solenoid which allows you to control boost by rpm or speed. Kinda neat! What modifications to the distributor will I have to make. We'll never the less my tuners shop has done quite a few of these.....i'm pretty sure they will figure it out. But as a streetable car, you are happy with the DFI.
Man i'm hoping the wire harness you made will be able to work for me as well dandee. What ever makes this easier!
Old 10-08-2002, 02:24 PM

why are you ditching the aem? what year is it for and how much are you asking?
Old 10-08-2002, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Accel Gen 7 here I come! (Phoenix GSR)

I am 99% sure that I am. I just spoke with Lawrence and he said when he gets back from Orlando from racing on Tuesday he said we will make a decision! The unit is great although it has been a headache. Lawrence knows Accel and he get my car up and running.
The unit is for a '99 Si which I believe is the 30-1010 unit. You can get on AEM's site to see if it will work on your car. I am not for sure how much I will be asking, but I will have to sell the wideband and the boost solenoid (new) with it! Might I add, the wideband is barely used. Just check my previous post over past months. MY CAR HAS BEEN DOWN FOREVER! I've basically been buying things and not going anywhere! IM me if your really intrested and we'll talk!
Old 10-08-2002, 04:34 PM

You can use your FJO wideband on the Gen 7 by hooking up the output of the FJO wideband to the 02 input on your DFI harness. Now im not sure if you could actually get the Gen 7 to compensate the fuel according to the reading BUT what you could do is set the 02 to Hego and you can then datalog that value against other readings like engine speed, map pressure, etc, etc. This way you can fine tune your A/F. Then once your done you can throw in the regular 02 sensor. I won't drive around with a wideband all the time.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:20 PM

Would your tuner happen to be Lawrence Conely of Conely racing? Have you considered a Speed Pro unit? It's easy to setup once you know how it works and tuning is really straight forward.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Accel Gen 7 here I come! (boostaholic)

Would your tuner happen to be Lawrence Conely of Conely racing?
Yup, thats the tuner. Damn, everyone since to know this guy, is he that famous??

By the way, thanx for helping me with the wiring on my Speedpro, helped me out alot. (formerly JiSATSU RaceR)
Old 10-08-2002, 05:44 PM

Yeah I did consider Speed Pro. Lawrence actually recommened Accel. First because he's a distributor and he can get me a better deal. Second, he said Accel does everything Speed Pro does and more. It's more up to date he said! Not to knock Speed Pro or nothing, because that's what I initially asked for!
Old 10-08-2002, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Accel Gen 7 here I come! (inconel)

Also, I spoke with mike the Accel tech and he said he would not recommened me to use it connected to the ECU. He said it might short something, and like you said we have to configure the ECU with voltage to AFR numbers.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:31 PM

Hey man glad to see you got it all worked out. Hit me up if you have any more problems with it. I actually talked to Lawrence again today. I'll be down in houston soon to put my car on the dyno if schelduling works out. I had originally planned to visit art and the crew up in dallas, and viren's tuner chad was going to tune my speedpro, but I won't have enough time to make it there and back. If you're in town when I'm there, come by the dyno!
Old 10-08-2002, 07:03 PM

Cool man, let me know when u come down so i can watch u rip the dyno. Ill bring David (turbo si) so we can learn a thing or two.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont forget about ol lonesome me!
Old 10-08-2002, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Accel Gen 7 here I come! (GSRev)

Don't worry Alex, i haven't forgotten about you. Lawrence still has to check and make sure he can reserve the dyno. I'll let you know the time and place as soon as we make concrete plans.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:18 AM

Cool, i'm there. When exactly do you plan on comimg down? I know Paul just got his car started and he was hoping to tune it next Friday. Why don't the two of you do it the same day. I don't think it will take him long at all with Speed Pro, after I saw him do Alex's. It will most likely be cheaper for the dyno if yall do it the same day. Look into it. Also wjere are you coming from in Louisiana?

Quick Reply: Accel Gen 7 here I come!