Notices

94 integra RS NOT BOOSTING........PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 integra RS NOT BOOSTING........PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys first of all I haven't posted on here a lot, but I have one question. If u don't like my post or whatever that's fine leave negative and off topic feedback to yourself please, I am posting because I have put a turbo kit on my car and I genuinely need help, not haters or whatever just making fun of my car or what I am doing.........I have a 94 integra RS I installed a turbonetics kit, but it's not boosting at all. I have t3 turbo, tial waste gate, hks bov, Rc 440cc injectors, fmic, GM 3 bar map. All the vacuum lines are ran right, I think. Bov t'd into fpr, waste gate into turbo housing, using stock map for now, should about 7psi no problem. I have driven the car after install, it runs ok at idle and normal driving, when I try and floor it, the boost gauge goes up to 0psi from vacuum and my cars almost dies from it bogging down. Anyone please help me....I can text whoever or call whoever I need to, to get this resolved. I can show you pics of the installation.......I NEED MY CAR RUNNING TODAY, IT'S MY DAILY DRIVER, I have 2 kids that ride in my car everyday, it cannot be broke down, any help will be very much appreciated.....
Old 05-04-2012, 08:24 AM
EK9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 94 integra RS NOT BOOSTING........PLEASE HELP!

What ecu? Tuned?

That's most likely your problem I'm guessing you don't have an EMS system and a tune, correct?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Get it tuned.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dc4LsTeG
What ecu? Tuned?

That's most likely your problem I'm guessing you don't have an EMS system and a tune, correct?
i agree that getting tuned is absolutely required. but regardless the turbo should still make positive pressure if installed correctly.

OP, have you checked all hose clamps/couplers? how is the wastegate connected? where does the line on the compressor go to? is bov installed properly? not leaking? is the turbo used? do you know for sure that it is in working condition?

also you say you need the car running TODAY! but also say that it runs fine at idle and normal driving? which is it?

my suggestion is that you don't try to go WOT unless it is tuned and running properly. do you have the 44o's installed on a stock ecu? the car may be running way rich causing drivability/boost issues. do you have any CELs?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 AM
EK9

Not exactly, if hes running a stock ecu with those injectors it could be causing it to do that
Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dc4LsTeG
Not exactly, if hes running a stock ecu with those injectors it could be causing it to do that
Hence my last paragraph
Old 05-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So many things wrong here man......Not to be a jerk, but your asking for disaster....

1. You probably are not getting boost because of a massive leak of exhaust somewhere before the turbo, or a huge boost leak on the charge side.

2. With a stock ecu/injectors IT IS NOT OK TO BOOST AT ALL, NOT EVEN 1 PSI, PERIOD. You say it should be ok for 5-7 psi....your'e wronge, you will blow up the motor.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

X^2 Also check if your bov closes when on the throttle aka open your hood while the engine is running and move your throttle cable, you could have a to light of spring or however hks adjusts the pressure
Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Stock ecu no tune trying to get Crome or s200 as I type this. Bov port on bottom is hooked to a T fitting on fpr, the top port on bov isn't hooked up, side port on bottom of waste gate is hooked to turbo housing the top port is vented to atmosphere, Ryan at rywire told me the stock map could handle 7 psi so I'm just quoting him. All couplers are new, there is a tiny exhaust leak where I welded the waste gate dump tube into down pipe. I can drive it very easily, butq no wot at all......thanks for the help so far guys this is the nicest anyone has been on here everyone is usually just being a dick because they know more than me I guess.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Like said before try to stay out pressure and avoid flooring the pedal. Honestly, not having your car produce pressure could be a blessing in disguise. Re examine the installation of the kit and vacuum lines, start the car up and let it idle. You can remove the charge pipe and drive the car until you get a proper tune. People may be jerkish because we, at least I do, see stories like this everyday literally
Old 05-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a hard time believing ryan @ rywire would say that........something got lost in communication there....

The only way it would be even remotly safe to temporarily run low boost on stock ecu/injectors would be if you had a rising rate fuel pressure regulator aka FMU.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't care if u don't think he said if it wasn't him then I talked to one of his employees named Ryan yesterday. I have a s200 installed in a p06 I think and a Crome tuned ecu don't know which yet on the way here. Hopefully one of those saves the day, lol. If not I will try something else....
Old 05-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What if I where to put my stock injectors back in and try that it really seems like its just flooded out?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

I would
Run stock injectors until you see a tuner. You can drive with a turbo all day and not get into boost, it all depends on the driver. Having bigger injectors without tuning would flood the cylinders.
All and all, you shouldn't try and create boost without having a properly tuned ecu
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just took out my plugs and they are black as nite (rich) so I will change to stock injectors and see what's up hopefully the s200 will be my main fix.......I really appreciate all the guys
Old 05-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you never mentioned that you were running bigger than stock injectors...kinda an important piece of info there man...

Of course its running pig *** rich with bigger injectors and a stock un tuned ecu.

The stock ecu can only do what it has been programmed to do, which means stock injectors and no boost, ya dig?

Simply plugging in another ecu that has crome or hondata will not do anything either, you know that right?

The crome or hondata system has to be tuned and programmed to specifically run your injectors/motor/turbo set up. This needs to be done by a professional at a performance shop. Hondata or crome or any ecu does not simply plug in and automatically know how to run a turbo honda set up.

For the sake of your motor and investment, do some more research about injectors and ecu tuning so you really know whats going on, if you dont, you will pay the price.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

At the top in my first post it says clearly Rc 440 cc injectors but anyway I put stock injectors back in runs good and I have boost about 6 psi even with the stock map like Ryan from rywire told me I would.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And this is my very first turbo so sorry I don't know as much as the rest of you at least I got on here and tried to figure it out before I blew it up lol.......thanks guys
Old 05-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not to be a dick but thats why the FAQ's and internet is here
Old 05-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by joshglissenEF9
At the top in my first post it says clearly Rc 440 cc injectors but anyway I put stock injectors back in runs good and I have boost about 6 psi even with the stock map like Ryan from rywire told me I would.
the map sensor itself can handle some boost pressure. that is true. but you cannot boost on a stock ecu. you must get a tune or your motor will blow. the stock ecu cannot add the proper fuel and timing for boost.

so your original problem was running the stock ecu on 440 injectors. now that that is fixed, please do not boost until you get the car tuned and the bigger injectors back in.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did you not read the other's posting not to go into boost at all before you get it tuned?

i think what ryan was saying is that the map sensor can read to 7 psi no problem, so if you don't plan to boost more than 7psi, no need to upgrade to a higher reading map sensor. i don't know ryan, but from what little i've heard/read about him, i'm sure he wouldn't tell you to boost even 1 psi on a non tuned car.

it's ok if you don't know much at all about a turbo kit, but just make sure that if people say don't do something it's bad/it'll hurt your motor/blow your motor/ect, that you don't do it.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My mistake..... It does say your running 440's .......it won't matter at all by oh I would say tonight or tomorrow, you will be making a new thread titled:

Why did my motor blow up.

Have fun with that.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So cars running fine idle and it's boosting 5 psi but no more driving until s200 gets here and a tune for my injectors, thanks guys
Old 05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao 5lbs zero tuning ?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao really its running fine at 5lbs with no tune stock ecu stock injectors no smoke no oil leaks and still getting 33 mpg.........with ac..........after i get s300 installed 440cc rc injectors back in and a tune, it should be even better, except gas mileage lol

Quick Reply: 94 integra RS NOT BOOSTING........PLEASE HELP!