Notices

2001 Accord EX 2 be boostd proejct!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Accord EX 2 be boostd proejct!

Hey everyone, I am new to this site, but not new to owning my 2001 Honda Accord EX with a 2.3L f23a vtec engine with a 134,000 miles on the engine, car and transmission. It does have very nice smooth shifting 5 speed transmission with a nice feeling, good grabbing after market clutch and some no name flywheel.

Anyways I recently parked my 2001 Accord after I put about 5000 miles on it in about 4-5 months when a caliper seal went bad and I started driving my truck again (yes my truck is a blast to drive but only because it's a two wheel drive Avalanche with a 5.3L engine and some good gears in the rear end ) but I haven't been motivated to fix the Honda because I just recently moved and don't have tools in garage yet because there all in storage and I only have one light in my garage as of now, it didn't have any when I bought the house so its slowly improving.

But anyways my accord is 100% rust free and I recently came across a YouTube video series on "how to build a budget beast" the guy tells how he went about building his Honda accord that has nearly 300,000 miles on it and he boost it every time he drives it. That video series is still being made as far as I know, because he never finished it and said stayed for the next video on how to build budget beat. It really inspired me to build my Honda accord because well I really have no projects going on right now besides getting lights in my garage and my tool box home. I believe the guys name is Jason who has the videos on YouTube. He seems very knowledgeable about these boosted vehicles. So here I am, Looking for questions about boosting my 2001 Honda Accord EX coupe, maybe I'll run into the guy on here that made those videos about his accord and posted them on YouTube on this forum. He seems like very nice guy and I would love to speak with about this.

The clutch in my car is basically brand new ( can't remember what stage it is, I believe it was just a stage 1 with a no name flywheel ), its only got about 600 miles on it. My car also does NOT use any oil at this time, doesn't smoke or anything however the check engine light is on for a o2 sensor, I have it but it needs to be replaced along with my caliper. Other than that my car is really solid. All new brakes all the way around and calipers on three wheels but I have the caliper for the last wheel that needs done. It recently had a complete tune up including new spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, New radiator hoses, Radiator flush and cooling system flush, all four new fuel injectors ( didn't need them but I got a good deal on them from a Honda Dealership because I work at a GM dealership and my O-rings on my injectors were getting bad in fact when I pulled out the old injectors the O-rings literally were really so far gone it didn't look like it had any O-rings on any of them except the 1st cylinder) Also brand new water pump, timing belt, fuel filter ( I believe, Can't remember if I changed it or not ), Just about everything you could think of for a tune up.

But as soon as I get my tool box in garage and some more lights (already bought lights for the garage, just need to hang them and wire them in or wire a plug in on them to plug into a outlet, I will begin working on my Honda, I'm going to take my time and do everything correctly like I did with my Camaro. I plan to keep the a/c and power steering if I can some how and I want to hide as much of the intercooler as possible (even if I have to paint it black so no one will be able to see it unless there really close to the car), I don't want a really extremely loud exhaust system or a fart can either, I want this car to be a really extremely reliable boost Honda ( I don't see many around the area I live in, Most Honda's I see around my area are complete crap and break every time they run them around the block. Not saying there crap just the owners are doing crap work to them expecting high horse power out of a 1.8l single over head cam engine that threw a turbo on with no intercooler and no fuel upgrade or anything). I want to be able to drive this car to work and back if I want to and I still want to be able to throw the family in the car and go on trips in it with out having a bunch of problems ( Yes I know it's more of a dream to have a modified car that's boosted that will never problems, but I'm wanting to try it)

My goal for this car is to pus 5psi ( yes I know not much, but it should be enough to get a extra 50-75hp out of the stock engine as it sits now. So everyone be on the look out for my updates on 2001 Honda Accord EX coupe! Thanks for your time and thanks for reading. Have a great day and drive safe out there!