LSVTEC/B16 Head Bearings

Old 03-20-2019, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default LSVTEC/B16 Head Bearings

Hey fellaís, few quick questions. Iím building a B18b1 with a B16 head, block is off getting sleeved right now, and I have Manley H Beam Rods, Wiseco Pistonís And allís that good stuff, I was wondering what sized bearings I should go with. I want ACL, and Iím also using the stock LS crank, but if someone could point me in at least the correct direction for the perfect sizing of the main and rod bearings. Just wanting to make sure 100% that everything in this motor is perfect of as close to it as possible. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LSVTEC/B16 Head Bearings

standard size (STD) is your only option. X series are 0.0005" thinner per shell.
Only way to know what size to get is to have a machinest measure your crank journals, main bore, and rod bores. Nobody here can answer your question differently then what I stated above
Old 03-21-2019, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Appreciated, I tried measuring them myself with a Micrometer, but kept getting different measurements, due to my imprecise methods, and general lack of expertise. I realized quite soon after I made this post that it was a stupid question, my apologies. Thankyou for the feedback though, Iíll have my local machine shop measure up and determine if my crank is junk, I need oversized bearings, or anything else like that. Thank you 👍🏻
Old 03-22-2019, 03:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by d155spd View Post
Appreciated, I tried measuring them myself with a Micrometer, but kept getting different measurements, due to my imprecise methods, and general lack of expertise. I realized quite soon after I made this post that it was a stupid question, my apologies. Thankyou for the feedback though, Iíll have my local machine shop measure up and determine if my crank is junk, I need oversized bearings, or anything else like that. Thank you 👍🏻
The only time oversize bearings are used is when you get the crank journals ground to a smaller diameter. Which is a HUGE no-no with honda cranks. If the crank is out of oem spec and needs to be ground, it's considered junk and you'll need to find a new crank.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: