H23 build questions

 
Old 11-07-2017, 08:49 AM
  #1  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
silversilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H23 build questions

I'm in the process of building an h23avtec blue top and I'd like some opinions and suggestions
Goal is at least 230 or more reliable HP on an h2b set up integra gsr trans on 93 pump gas that I can daily if I wanted
So far I have
Head: h23vtec(h22 basically)
not sure on what specifically to get but I know i want springs retainers and a mild can
Port and polish with a valve job

Block: h23 VTEC block
Type s pistons
Stock length rods(141mm)
H23vtec crank

Apr studs used where ever possible and OEM head gasket

Brings me to a 11.48:1 compression ratio compared to if I used h23a1 non VTEC rods at 12.12:1

I work at a machine shop so labor isn't anything to me but this is my first h build so I'd like help
silversilver is offline  
Old 11-08-2017, 09:25 PM
  #2  
Intelligently Stupid
 
TomCat39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7,939
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: H23 build questions

You'd likely get more feedback from the Prelude guys as the H series is their cup of tea.
TomCat39 is offline  
Old 11-09-2017, 06:00 AM
  #3  
Moderator
 
snobordboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CO
Posts: 3,233
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H23 build questions

IMO, that bottom end with some Pro1 cams, a good intake and header setup and tune, and you will meet or beat your goal, and have a fun useable powerband.

I used my Prelude as a daily with nearly the same setup, and the only issues I have had are crappy parts choices, i.e. auto tensioner failure, and cam gear failure. The displacement and cams scream for a big volume intake manifold and large TB, and a good flowing header.
snobordboy is offline  
Old 11-09-2017, 05:53 PM
  #4  
Intelligently Stupid
 
TomCat39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7,939
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: H23 build questions

Originally Posted by snobordboy View Post
I used my Prelude as a daily with nearly the....
I rest my case.
TomCat39 is offline  
Old 12-16-2017, 12:57 PM
  #5  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H23 build questions

Originally Posted by silversilver View Post
I'm in the process of building an h23avtec blue top and I'd like some opinions and suggestions
Goal is at least 230 or more reliable HP on an h2b set up integra gsr trans on 93 pump gas that I can daily if I wanted
So far I have
Head: h23vtec(h22 basically)
not sure on what specifically to get but I know i want springs retainers and a mild can
Port and polish with a valve job

Block: h23 VTEC block
Type s pistons
Stock length rods(141mm)
H23vtec crank

Apr studs used where ever possible and OEM head gasket

Brings me to a 11.48:1 compression ratio compared to if I used h23a1 non VTEC rods at 12.12:1

I work at a machine shop so labor isn't anything to me but this is my first h build so I'd like help

@silversilver how did this build work out for you? im planning to do the same. did you buy a blue top h23v or did you make your own h23vtec? would love to know.
_hdeuceTEGkelly is offline  
Old 01-17-2018, 05:27 PM
  #6  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
silversilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H23 build questions

Originally Posted by _hdeuceTEGkelly View Post
@silversilver how did this build work out for you? im planning to do the same. did you buy a blue top h23v or did you make your own h23vtec? would love to know.
Never got around to it, somebody ended up buying all my parts for a bit more than i paid for them. I have a h22a4 im going to do some work on so i cant give any advice
silversilver is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
koreachangsu
Honda Prelude
2
08-28-2008 03:14 PM
IOSUA
Southern California (Sales)
38
07-22-2006 01:12 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: H23 build questions


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: