ACL oil pump D16

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACL oil pump D16

Here I bought a ACL oil pump and heres the review

The pickup hole is wider than oem.

Before you remove the screws feel how the wheel insides spinning so when you re tighten it should spin around the same, idk the torque specs on the screws. The impact works super easy taking them off , but dont tighten it with an impact or it will be too tight. I tightened mine with a screwdriver and the wheel is spinning around the same force with my finger to push it as it was new in the box.

This is a oem pump gear, its my old pump.

Heres the ACL pump gear, it is biggest and is different design.

You can see with the eye its bigger than the oem gear, I think the oem was around 72mm

Acl said their pump was tight, the wheel was harder to push compared to a fresh oem pump. It rolls smooth though.

Inside pickup

Ported this hole as much as it could.The oem pump, same hole can be ported more.

The inside pickup i left alone since it was wider already,

And the inside where the oil goes to block I just smoothened out the sharp edges where the oil flows into the hole.

The inside is harder to port than a oem pump because of the bigger gear, its more tight i accidently touched the edges where the gears lay but 2000 grit sandpaper smoothened it. Nothing serious but its not easy porting it inside.
I ported a oem pump inside and it was easy. And you cant port the acl pump the same way because the outer gear wall is super close, where as in a oem pump you can shave alot of metal before you go near it. I put the gears in before I took another pic of the inside port.
It was just a shave of the sharp edges really.

Cost me 150$ for this one which is the same price as oem.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ACL oil pump D16

Very nice. I think the torque spec was very little like 5 or 7 ft lbs when I had my pump apart.
It's not a bad idea to peen the screw heads when you reassemble the pump. This will help keep the screws from backing out. A small punch where the edge of the screw meets the cover is all you need.

Although the outer gear is larger in diameter, the pump "displacement" so to speak is more dictated by the space between the outer gear and the inner rotor. The spaces in between the "teeth" is what determines the pump volume.
The outer gear could be 90mm diameter but if the space in between the gears are the same, pump volume will be the same.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like this if it's not too late.
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2016, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The oil pumps crank seal's lip flap is longer than a stock oem, little did I know this or I would have used more caution putting it on.

The acl crank seal lip ripped, thankfully the oem seal is easy as hell to take out of your old oem. Just a flathead screwdriver (fat tip so u dont stab thru the seal) and tap it with a hammer from behind. Super light tap will make it come out.
Its really the easiest seal ive ever taken out. and putting it back in is effortless without any tools just hands to push it in.

When i had the oem seal back on the acl oil pump it went on without any problems. The acl oil pump seal sucks. Youll probably need a flathead to push the lip so it wont get stuck on the crank and rip if you push it on.

Ill review the oil Psi's once its running