Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

import bracket racing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default import bracket racing?

it has teaken over at our local track. It used to be thurs was heads up and sunday was bracket, but "someone" at the track was crying that they couldnt compete and bracket was a way to make it fair. Sorry for all the import bracket racers but why? I have watched all the fast cars go elsewhere and people bring out there moms, girlfriends, friend slow automatic car just to compete. For those interested in import bracket racing please explaiin waht is going on? I dont understand import bracket? domestic bracket is different because they are serious about it. They spend the money to be good at what they do and win. and most fo them run in the low 8s in the eighth. But import bracket cars run in the high 11s------in teh eighth.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import bracket racing? (philipwight)

i have also seen that at kennedale and few other local tracks. The reason i am seeing it is that more people want to race but really cant compete with heads up. so what they are doing is brining in people just so they can run and have fun. Its like that for most of the brackets when racing most series.

its kinda fun just go race you know especially when you dont ahve alot of money.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import bracket racing? (b18bturbo)

that is what time trials are for..... you dont have to have alot of money to compete. There was a guy with a 1.5 turbo running low 8s consistantly. with a home made turbo kit and all.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the people that like bracket racing cant afford alot of the parts and stuff to make there cars quick enough to win in a heads up class.

I ran many classes of racing and brackets are fun it gives the average racer a chance to be competitive win some money and get some recongnition. not everyone can build a heads up class car. Its all about having fun and enjoying your self at the track. Time trials are nice but that doesnt give the individual any bragging rights. All that does is shows a time that you ran in testing your car. People like to win no matter what and having a class like a bracket is place for them to showcase some of there talents. Some people are so good at brackets that it all depends on the tree and what reaction they get.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:52 AM
JL
Honda-Tech Member

well i personally don't prefer bracket racing at this stage, i'm constantly trying to better my time.. not run consistently.. but the reason a lot of people i know like to bracket race is because they know how to drive, and they know how to drive their car.. most of the time when you bracket race there is a trophy or cash prize to be won, and you get to say you are a consistent racer as i've seen they have the "time only runs" at the same time so anyone knocked out 1st round or just there to have fun can still run at the same time..
Old 09-28-2004, 06:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

what kind of statement is that?? why in the **** do u think they went to brackets??? u answered ur own question. ur always goin to have one guy faster than the other. brackets equal the fields. how would u like to pay to get in to get ur *** spanked in the first round of competition. wow, u got in 4 runs including 3 TT passes ::yank yank::
i prefer to heads up but even when i go to a pro event i usually run brackets cause i know i cant run against the low 10 second cars.
at my local 1/8th mile track i didnt even have to race the ricers heads up. they all but dwindled out. last time i was out, there was only a 2WD toyota truck and a hyundai tiburon running besides me.
i run mid 7s in the 1/8th and only one other import besides mine has touched the 8 second mark and it was like a 8.96 by my friend. i get put in a class where i only run V8s with small blocks and big blocks in them. sometimes i get lucky and i get a almost heads up race based on our dial in times.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: import bracket racing? (1 2 NV)

I have a lot of respect for the bracket racers.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bracket racers get a from me. You have to know how to drive. Little do people know it but these cars are the future of racing whether it be bracket or heads up. It is by far going to be the most economical way to go. You see some pro racers already getting there feet wet.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:37 PM

Default Re: import bracket racing? (jlperformance)

At our local track they run a "Fast" compact class it is bracket racing specific for compacts running 12.99 or faster. For the most part the class was very competitive and close. The class winner in a turbo Integra ran 12.1 to 11.9 all year depending on weather. Hell on the 2nd to last event Cort ran to 10.23's in a row and then a 10.21. So I think all thigns considering we can be pretty good in bracket racing.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import bracket racing? (sleeper1411)

the track that i am talking bout is kenndale. We asked the owner of the track what was going on and they simply put we were tired of hearing the regulars cry.

I do have respect for someone that can drive and/or bracket race.

I just would like to see heads up back.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:49 AM

im serious about my import bracket racing

some of us guys dont have the money to compete with the rest of you

the track told you all you needed to do was organizes a race and they would let you fast imports run it phillip
Old 09-29-2004, 05:58 AM

Default Re: import bracket racing? (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a lot of respect for the bracket racers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes he does

You RAWK Art

Old 09-29-2004, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import bracket racing? (Jokerluv)

we have enough issues with taking our(allen and I) cars down the track, check log, tires visualk inspection of engine to make sure nothing is out of place, fix what broke and whatever else happens. We dont have time out there to organize a heads up event.

Jokerluv i do have to say you are serious about bracket racing and i do respect that but i dont feel that we should have to organize the race just to have it. Do you? am i out of line for saying that i dont want to have to set up a race just to compete in it? I might as well go to denton where they have heads up. That is what everyone else that went out there does.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** Denton Dragway. Those dumb ***** wouldn't let fwd's use the waterbox. We went out there last thursday to do some track tuning on Brian's car and the little ***** who work there were making under the breath synic remarks to us. I mean, how the **** we gonna dial in the car if we can't get the tires hot? When I bitched at them over and over they finally let us use the waterbox, but once we were in they told us not to even spin the tires. They said we could roll in, roll back out, drive around, and then do the burn out. **** that by the time you get to do the burn out theres no water left to spin the tires. Seriously, screw those rednecks.

We were planning on trying out Kennedale but now that I am hearing this is it even worth it for us to head out there and do some testing? Will we even be allowed to make passes?

As for the whole bracket racing thing. I think it is great for getting people to come out and compete and for honing in ones driving skills. But if it takes precedence over test n' tune and heads up racing that is just gay.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import bracket racing? (DIRep972)

Lets go to yella belly! I'm sure they will let our FWDs burn out in the water box
Old 09-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Smarter than you

Default Re: import bracket racing? (hatchling)

I've never been to yella belly. I always heard it was more ghetto then the street races. Is the track even decent?
Old 09-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think it was renamed and updated.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Smarter than you

Default Re: import bracket racing? (hatchling)

You mean it was Re-paved?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:05 PM

no yella belly is still ghetto and will forever be ghetto. That track has no rules I was out there on sunday. They have people racing ****-*** drunk with no safety equiptment. The track does'nt get preped and the track surface is curved. It was better than the first time I went out there, but it is not for high hp fwd cars.

P.S. The guys up in denton are *** holes, but I think it is because they don't know any better. most of the imports that show up out there are ricers that cant even drive thru the staging lanes without acting stupid. It makes me mad that they do that but it also makes me mad that those guys cant tell the difference between a ricer and some one who has a fast car. I'm sorry but if you have a 7 second 1/8 mile import thats a fast car and they should be able to respect that. I personally quit going to denton after they pulled that water box **** with me
Old 09-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: import bracket racing? (bubbahatch92)

Bracket racers need a place to race too. Its a grassroots program that teaches skill. Everyone needs a place to rest weather it be a slow 20sec. car or a 10sec fwd car.

Philip, I understand you and Allen are hardcore and you guys do an excellent job at what you guys do. But not everyone can afford to be hardcore like us but that doesnt mean they shouldnt have a place to race.

Another option is redline raceway in greenville. Its is a good drive but its also a nicer track. http://www.redlineraceway.com/

I just think everyone should have a place to race. We are lucky to even have that. You have to remember NHRA is not coming back to dallas next year so we have to race somewhere.

art
Old 09-29-2004, 03:23 PM

Does kennedale not have two diffrent classes anymore? I think a couple months ago I went out there and they had a import heads up class and a import bracket class. Why did they change it up if I am understanding this right? The Thursday night heads up class was pretty cool (very tight competitive class). I don't think anyone has a problem with bracket racing, but the elemination of the heads up class is'nt fair to every one either.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import bracket racing? (bubbahatch92)

K dale had two classes then one of them dissapeared and so did all the fast cars. the headsup class was very competitive a couple high seven second cars and a few low 8 second cars and alot of the rest, 20 cars would compete. Then they changed to bracket and now i dont think 10 cars race.

Dentons track is always well prepped, they dont like the import crowd that much but i think they are starting to get used to it. The last time i went they had no problems letting us do burnouts. I have been up there a few times, and my roomate goes up there all the time, they give $50 or $100 to the fastest car time wise, you can race till like 3 am and there is never a long wait.

Modified by philipwight at 2:28 PM 9/30/2004
Old 09-30-2004, 05:51 AM

i ran at denton on a friday night a few weeks ago that track is sloppy as hell

atleast most of the pot holes are gone
Old 09-30-2004, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Phillip, hows it going.

We used to look forward to Kennedale on Thursday, until they got rid of our heads-up class. None of our guys even mention Kennedale anymore.

Denton's good for test and tune on Friday nights. We go there every once in a while when we want to test something out. The last time we were at Kennedale it was just too crowded.

It doesn't really cost that much to run low 8s. We built another single-cam turbo car that's in Arkansas now, and it ran an 8.3@87 at Denton. It cost no more than $3K for everything, car included. I remember at Kennedale, if you ran low 8s, you were usually in the finals. Now that a few of us are in the 7s(local racers) we don't even have a place to duke it out heads up. I hate trying to race someone during time trials, it just doesn't work.

Until they bring back the heads-up class, if ever, I doubt we'll be going to Kennedale very much.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import bracket racing? (Machine1)

the only time bracket racing is good is when there's a heads up class already in place...ppl like to see fast cars race heads up...kennadale sucks...but they were the only ones with a heads up import thingy every week...denton's thing is cool but its only based on who ran the best time of the night and not actually racing each other...that is why were all upset about the matter...

Quick Reply: import bracket racing?