Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

FONTANA closing

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FONTANA closing

so been hearing allot of talk today that this will be one of the last events held at fontana and 1/4 mile is closing???? :/
Old 05-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FONTANA closing

I sure hope not.....
Old 05-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There have been rumors floating around for a while about this. Last I heard the tower was going to be moved/replaced. Pretty stupid if it happens if you ask me.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This will be auto club dragways last big event of the year. Therrs a dispute about noise levels from the nearby residential area. They are cancelling psca and other major evemts for the year. A wall will be put up and should reopen for next season. There could be other developments and deta.ils but that is all i know
Old 05-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dayum, so No IDRC(oct), Battle(dec) , or IFO(dec).....what a bummber!!!!!!!! Where are we supposed to race at? Now that my car is ready, I have no where to go!!!!! That sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!! First Carlsbad, then Palmdale, and now Fontana!!!!! Depressing!!!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

theres no tracks in socal except irwindale 1/8. they just want everybody to hit the streets
Old 05-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by f@sth@tch89
Dayum, so No IDRC(oct), Battle(dec) , or IFO(dec).....what a bummber!!!!!!!! Where are we supposed to race at? Now that my car is ready, I have no where to go!!!!! That sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!! First Carlsbad, then Palmdale, and now Fontana!!!!! Depressing!!!!!
Its time for so cal racers to make the trip to sacramento raceway.....they have events every monthi
Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This sucks. Depressing stuff like this made me sell my car off.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is freaking pathetic............ Stupid sissy as people and the morons who grant all their wishes.

That's why California and if you ask me all the U.S. is in the shape its in.... From all the sensitivity that floats around - Everyone is scared to upset anyone - so we all budge. Grrrrrr

I would tell those complaining. "The track was here before you, you should have known the consequences" - "now, here are some earplugs, or get the f__k out!" - But no....... Since no one wants a lawsuit, they'll comply.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ExospeedAMcrx
This will be auto club dragways last big event of the year. Therrs a dispute about noise levels from the nearby residential area. They are cancelling psca and other major evemts for the year. A wall will be put up and should reopen for next season. There could be other developments and deta.ils but that is all i know
If this is the case.... I hope there's a **** load more events next season since they'll have a wall up.....
Old 05-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First Carlsbad, then Palmdale, and now Fontana!!!!! Depressing!!!!!
Dont forget Pomona and Terminal Island.

Wil, Any idea if/when this info is going to be public (online)? So all street legals and the night races are cancelled as well?

I guess they didn't think moving the track closer to the mountain would cause more noise. It's not like they really let us race that late anyway.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn you guys are losing another track. I was out for a year in 99 had tracks every where, then went back in 08 in damn near half those tracks are closed. My man is now driving from san bernandino to s.r because they have better events.

Why are you guys losing tracks like this cant be money. Because ya race season is damn near year around?. I thought cali held more street racers than anybody else? So why would tracks close like this?. I think closing tracks only makes streetracing bigger. Then again dont ya get crazy jail time n lose your license til you 80yr old?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was told if every racer goes a sign a petition when it gets to a point that if enough racers sign we can keep the track. this happen in kansas and all the racers showed up to court. this is our last 1/4 track thats close by. closing this track will only make street racing worse. they dont like street racers but they close every track we have.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you forgot to add terminal island then pomona
Old 05-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

God I hope this isn't true! -__-
Old 05-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hopefully, the track puts the information out so we can show up. We need folks from all over so cal to show up so we can save the drag strip.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Put me down............
Old 05-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Will still have FAMOSO RACEWAY which in my opinion is one of cali's best tracks that i have been too. Its only 2hrs away been there plenty of times an has test n tune almost every friday, FONTANA may be closer but they were hardly ever open for the RACERS TNT so its not gonna effect me in anyway.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ill drive from the 805 to sign the petition if there's gonna be one...i drive down to the events and street legals all the time
Old 05-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SonicRacing1
Will still have FAMOSO RACEWAY which in my opinion is one of cali's best tracks that i have been too. Its only 2hrs away been there plenty of times an has test n tune almost every friday, FONTANA may be closer but they were hardly ever open for the RACERS TNT so its not gonna effect me in anyway.
Thats the one thing i do hate about Fontana is that there are no test and tunes for the RACE cars. I was looking at Famoso's schedule yesterday. Im going to do some testing up there in July. Hopefully, Battle can get back on their schedule.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can imagine how we felt here in IL when we lost Gateway which is basically the only dragway worth going to So I feel ya pain man.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BETOSCOUPE
This is freaking pathetic............ Stupid sissy as people and the morons who grant all their wishes.

That's why California and if you ask me all the U.S. is in the shape its in.... From all the sensitivity that floats around - Everyone is scared to upset anyone - so we all budge. Grrrrrr

I would tell those complaining. "The track was here before you, you should have known the consequences" - "now, here are some earplugs, or get the f__k out!" - But no....... Since no one wants a lawsuit, they'll comply.
Exactly.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there is a post on there facebook page about an event june 4th looks like its still open for now..
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by og asr
Its time for so cal racers to make the trip to sacramento raceway.....they have events every monthi
yeah its kind of a 6 hour drive and gas is not the cheapest right now.. not the best drive to take to test out a car that hasnt ever been down the track or similar situations..

last time i went to sac i broke on the first pass and had other problems the whole day. mostly because there was nowhere else to test the car..

it gets really old driving far as fk for the car to run like **** because there's nowhere to test it..

bakersfield is closer to us but still about 2 hours away. but better than nothing i guess. hopefully we can keep some kind of track open around here.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got something in the works. Socal guys wont have to go to Sac to go racing. Why go there when Vegas and Bakersfield is closer anyways. LOL.

Quick Reply: FONTANA closing