Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

10 Seconds...How?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 Seconds...How?

Over here in the UK the quickest FWD Honda is a CRX which is running 13.17. There are other FWD cars from other manufacturers that are getting close to the 11's, but how do you do it in the US. What do you do to get your cars into the 10's. I need to find the answer to help me progress.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: 10 Seconds...How? (chrisrabbits)

Its not really that hard to get below 13.17. What kind of car are you using along with what motor is it in? street civics running 10's 11's. I know this personally because mine runs in that range. Turbos are a huge help with this along with alot other things i.e. built engines, weight reduction, slicks, right kind of fuel, and tuning.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10 Seconds...How? (chrisrabbits)

I take it your talking abt the blk crx sir that won the FWD shoot out at TOTB3?

In that case it did a 12.7 sec 1/4 at TOTB3 in the shoot out

The main issues with racing at TOTB is we cant run slicks we can only run e-marked or some dot marked tyres so grip will be a problem!

The hondas over here havnt had anywhere near the same amount of development (have you tried to get a block sleeved in the UK for instance?) & our tracks are lower quality imo with little or no prep.

For example I'm building a light weight CRX (1850lbs or less i hope) with a darton flange sleeved b16 good for a really safe 350whp, with the power to weight i'll have & the work I'm putting in I hope to be able to get into the 12's this year but my car will only be scratching the surface due to money, importing fancy US bits aint the cheapest thing to do

Keep a eye out for a black & yellow turbo crx driven by a very poor looking guy with spikey hair

BillB
Old 02-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you guys use BFG drag radials over there?
I had the same issues in The Netherlands as you guys did, I bought a set of BFG drag radials and used those to race with not knowing that 2 months later that the organisation that organize the streetlegal races would accept full drag slicks
But I managed to run 12.4 @ 184km whooping those Vauxhall and VW's running slicks
Old 02-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Importracer_001)

Yeh the best tyre we can run it seems is the BFG drag radials.

This year the crx talked about was running dunlop D01J circuit tyres which arnt ideal for 1/4's!

I doubt TOTB will let full slicks in for a good while as the event isnt just abt 1/4 miles we do top speed at 1.25miles & a handling (auto-x) track as well. Also TOTB is for street legal cars with insurance & all the paper work to make the car legal for UK road use.

BillB
Old 02-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10 Seconds...How? (BillB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BillB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I take it your talking abt the blk crx sir that won the FWD shoot out at TOTB3?

In that case it did a 12.7 sec 1/4 at TOTB3 in the shoot out

The main issues with racing at TOTB is we cant run slicks we can only run e-marked or some dot marked tyres so grip will be a problem!

The hondas over here havnt had anywhere near the same amount of development (have you tried to get a block sleeved in the UK for instance?) & our tracks are lower quality imo with little or no prep.

For example I'm building a light weight CRX (1850lbs or less i hope) with a darton flange sleeved b16 good for a really safe 350whp, with the power to weight i'll have & the work I'm putting in I hope to be able to get into the 12's this year but my car will only be scratching the surface due to money, importing fancy US bits aint the cheapest thing to do

Keep a eye out for a black & yellow turbo crx driven by a very poor looking guy with spikey hair

BillB</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'll do trades with u...ship me mini parts i'll ship u equivelant US parts i feel the same way with mini parts as u do with US parts too expensive
Old 02-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10 Seconds...How? (advertise)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by advertise &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i'll do trades with u...ship me mini parts i'll ship u equivelant US parts i feel the same way with mini parts as u do with US parts too expensive </TD></TR></TABLE>

Mini bits man there sooooo cheap over here

Hit me with a IM of what your after & I'll get you some prices my buddie at work is really into his mini's

BillB
Old 02-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10 Seconds...How? (advertise)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by advertise &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i'll do trades with u...ship me mini parts i'll ship u equivelant US parts i feel the same way with mini parts as u do with US parts too expensive </TD></TR></TABLE>
aw the mini ....when are you going to bring that monster out and race it?!?!?!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10 Seconds...How? (b16pinay)

consistant 19s et. baby!!1 17s gunning it
Old 02-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 10 Seconds...How? (BillB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BillB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The hondas over here havnt had anywhere near the same amount of development (have you tried to get a block sleeved in the UK for instance?) </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup Shipping is a biyatch for big and heavy parts like heads and blocks.

We've worked with groups in the past that are in other countries in Europe and the Middle East to send parts in bulk. Its cheaper if you are sending in pallets.

the guys in Denmark had purchased 5 sleeved blocks with cores from us and we shipped it out in covered pallets. We actually built 3 of the blocks as well.
And for the middle east, we ship them out Intercoolers and other turbo parts for their rides out there. Lots of Skylines and a good number of turbo civics in the middle east(UAE and Qatar, where our customers were from)

We're working with a distributor in the Greece right now to stock our Pre-sleeved b18A blocks for customers out there. We hope that drops the prices to you guys and the ease of getting a hold of stronger blocks for your motors.

Wil