Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Too much leather care?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Icon3 Too much leather care?

First, we all know the leather Honda now uses get cheaper with each gen. It's almost hard to call it leather.

It's also know that sometimes, no matter how much care you give it, over the years, it will still crack and looks like crap. That's how the "leather" goes. Any yet, some guys do the minimum, and still cracks.

So my question is, how often is too much in cleaning your leather seats? I've gone through 2.5 bottles already in 1.5 years. As I apply/clean today, I'm wondering if I'm cleaning/conditioning it too much.

Again, the leather is not like your leather jacket, where the more care you give it, the longer and newer it will last.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:43 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Too much leather care?

what you use is at least as important as how often you use it.

I have often wondered about the Honda leather also, in that it maybe better to use a protectant rather than a leather conditioner. I really dont have an answer for that, but I use Zanio's Leather conditioner on my accord's leather, and I use 303 protectant on the plastic.

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew
Again, the leather is not like your leather jacket, where the more care you give it, the longer and newer it will last.
this is why I had though about switching to 303 for everything, but I just haven't done it as yet. Our leather is not quite Pleather, but it's not far removed from it either.