Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

unexpected engine failure

Old 05-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Trial User

Icon5 unexpected engine failure

I just bought a Honda n600 and I have driven it for 500km (long trips) without problems. but now it'll stop running after 6 minutes of driving or half an hour of leaving it run normal. air filter is in need for replacement. it doesnt have havy smoke comming from the exaust. and it doesnt smell like fuel while running.

if you listen closely you hear it have auto-ignition.

What could be wrong?
Old 05-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: unexpected engine failure

Try reaching out to Tim Mings, he's an expert in N and Z 's. I'm sure he can be of help.

HONDA N/Z600 God.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: unexpected engine failure

Originally Posted by Carpartio View Post
I just bought a Honda n600 and I have driven it for 500km (long trips) without problems. but now it'll stop running after 6 minutes of driving or half an hour of leaving it run normal. air filter is in need for replacement. it doesnt have havy smoke comming from the exaust. and it doesnt smell like fuel while running.

if you listen closely you hear it have auto-ignition.

What could be wrong?
You need gas and spark... so do you have spark when cranking, and as for gas, when you press the throttle down (inside the engine bay by pulling on the throttle cable) can see some gas squirting down the carb venturi after removing the air filter... the fact that it dies after 6min can be as simple as plugged fuel filter or weak fuel pump

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: