Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

Door Panel Uphol. Quick Fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 12:42 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Door Panel Uphol. Quick Fix

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for ways or ideas to temporarily cover torn door panels on both driver and passenger doors for an 89' Honda Civic Si

The panels have a circular tear down to the metal, Just think of the spot where you place your elbow when the window is down.

The car suffered years of heat damage so the panel must've cracked and got eaten away over time.

I am restoring the car to original factory parts but at the moment these panels are hard to find.

Would buying a almost similar material and cutting into shape be a good idea to "cover it up for now " like a band-aid until I find the panels I am looking for?

or are there any better suggestions to go about giving this a cleaner look?
Old 06-13-2019, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Door Panel Uphol. Quick Fix

Originally Posted by LJPortilla
for an 89' Honda Civic Si

The panels have a circular tear down to the metal, Just think of the spot where you place your elbow when the window is down.
the layout of the 89 vintage is different than my 86 which top "elbow panel" is a separate panel, I was lucky to find the same panel at a pick and pull junkyard. Go to a junkyard and practice on removing the door panel to see how it is constructed/assembled... and/or install material of your choice