Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Viper GPS

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Viper GPS

Do any of you have the Viper GPS tracking system? I'm purchasing a new car on saturday and I want to get a tracking device for it. I was going to purchase LoJack, but it seems my town doesn't provide tracking for that.
so, Viper GPS is the next thing I found.

http://www.directed.com/securi...kages

Any other good tracking systems out there? I heard boomerang?

Technology:
>>Check Service Packages
A GPS/Cellular tracking device is installed in your vehicle
GPS data is updated via satellite
Signals to and from the vehicle go through the nearest cellular tower
All transmissions go through a state of the art Network Operations Control Center for processing
Be assured that you can reach emergency service through our call center 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
Stolen Vehicle Tracking:
Stolen vehicle tracking is included with every Viper GPS Tracking System for one full year, with absolutely NO activation fee or additional service fees required. If this is the only functionality you desire, then everything you require comes in the Viper GPS Tracking System box. However, the system can do much more, and UPGRADED SERVICE PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE.

Any-time Vehicle Tracking
With Viper GPS Tracking System’s two Upgraded Service Packages, you can do amazing things! Find your vehicle whenever you want on a computer map, or use GPS Tracking System’s simple-to-use Voice User Interface to track your vehicle with a phone call! ANYTHING YOU CAN DO ON THE WEB WITH VIPER GPS TRACKING SYSTEM YOU CAN ALSO DO OVER THE PHONE.

Remote Control Commands
Viper GPS Tracking System can work as a stand-alone system, but it is also an ideal add-on to any Viper ESP2 security* or remote start* system. Whatever you can do with your remote transmitter or 2-Way Viper Responder from a quarter-mile away, you can now also do by telephone or Internet-connected computer FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
Arm and Disarm your Security System*
Lock or Unlock your Doors*
Start your engine with Remote Start*
Activate optional conveniences like Trunk Pop* or Remote Control Windows*
* Viper ESP2 security and remote start systems sold separately; additional parts or labor may be required.

Parental Controls:
Viper GPS Tracking System has features to protect your vehicle and your family including easy-to-use overspeed notifications.

Viper GPS Comparison Chart Viper GPS OnStar LoJack 1
Real-time vehicle location with street address
Roadside assistance 1
Nationwide coverage 2
Tracking via web and phone (no agent required)
Continuous tracking on the web, which shows history of a vehicle track over time
Remote start and door unlock via web and phone (no agent required) 3
Overspeed notifications to any phone or e-mail address
Alarm notifications to any phone or e-mail address 3
Confirmation of all commands
GPS device links directly to Directed award-winning ESP2 alarms
Available to consumers in retail stores
Free monthly status e-mail check with every plan
Remote Vehicle Shutdown

1 = Available on upgraded Safety & Security and Ultra packages
2 = Based on cellular coverage
3 = Directed ESP2 system required

Due to continuing product development, specifications subject to change without notice.

UPGRADED SERVICE PACKAGES:

Stolen Vehicle Tracking Service for 1 full year is included with every tracking device

NO ADDITIONAL ACTIVATION CHARGES OR MONTHLY SERVICE FEES.
Professional Stolen Vehicle Recovery: Some GPS tracking competitors make you do the stressful work of coordinating with police to recover a stolen vehicle - not Viper GPS Tracking Systems.

Nationwide Stolen Vehicle Tracking, not Regional. Don’t be fooled! Some tracking devices do not use GPS, so they work only in LIMITED markets.

Stolen Vehicle Shutdown: A unique feature that allows the authorities to recover a vehicle safer and faster! Not available from well-known systems sold by automotive manufacturers.

Safety and Security Service Plan
Includes all the features of Plan 1 Stolen Vehicle Tracking plus:

Locate or track your vehicle on the web with full-color maps: On demand or at a specific date and time using a scheduling tool.

Unlock your doors.

Roadside Assistance: Towing, tire change, out of gas; up to 6 events per year and 50 miles per tow.

Intelligent notifications of alerts via telephone voice, e-mail, and pager (home, office, cell).

Parental Notifications: Turn on Overspeed limits and receive notification if speed limit is broken.

30 uses per year.

Ultra Service Plan
Includes all the features of Plans 1 and 2 plus abundant communications transactions for active users:
150 uses per year.
Additional terms apply. See your Subscriber Agreement for details.

Nationwide Tracking Network
Viper GPS Tracking System offers the largest coverage area available in North America.*
*Services may be limited in some areas.

The Company Behind Viper Systems
Directed Electronics, Inc., registered in the ISO-9001 quality standard, is America’s favorite vehicle security company, with more than 100 key technology patents and major awards. Directed engineers are committed to offering consumers the most technologically sophisticated electronic systems available today.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Viper GPS (kevin85193)

How much does this unit cost?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive heard that its really really nice, if youve got the cash Id definately go check into that, it has some really nice features.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stolen vehicle tracking is included with every Viper GPS Tracking System for one full year, with absolutely NO activation fee or additional service fees required. If this is the only functionality you desire, then everything you require comes in the Viper GPS Tracking System box. However, the system can do much more, and UPGRADED SERVICE PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Now that is nice!
Old 01-30-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: (nsxxtreme)

It's about $1000; I recently bought a Viper 2 way system and the guy at the shop was trying to sell me on the GPS system (too much money for me though). Supposedly if anyone enters the vehicle while the system is armed, your cell phone will be ringing within 10 seconds, and the vehicle can be tracked in real time from any computer with an internet connection. You can also do a remote shutdown of the vehicle.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:35 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Viper GPS (Muckman)

How much does the Viper GPS service cost per month? And how much is it with all the options?
Old 01-31-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Viper GPS (Muckman)

its supposed to be one year free if I understand the first post correctly, I have no idea how much it is per month, but it sounds like a nice deal.. especially for those of you out in cali whose cars get stolen ALL the time. I was thinking about it for a while, but my car being all stock I decided to wait until I atleast get a few more mods done.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:54 PM

I can get the Clifford GPS1. Same as the Viper. IM for more info