Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

System Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System Installed

Well I finally got my complete system installed...The Pio DEH-P7600MP HU, the Infinity Ref 6000cs comps, the Infinity Kappa Perf 10.1d sub these are powered by an MTX thunder 6304 amp for the comps and an Alping MRP 350 for the Sub. They sound great all together, even got compliments as we were testing them out, the sound from the comps is crisp and clear and the sub just bumps...makes peopel think I have more speakers in the car than I actually have.

But of course as with every new installation, there is always something wrong, which I already took back to the shop and have to return tomorrow because of timing. Well everytime I accelerate and the volume is all the way down, there is a annoying sqweaky buzzin sound coming from the speakers, the guy told me that it might be some faulty wiring; so tomorrow when Iget out from work early, like every friday I will be there and he'll probably have to do the whole wiring all over again. But apart from that it sounds great.

Also as with every new installation something else goes wrong...the darn backlight on the clock burnt and as I have seen from the searching this happens to almost everyone who installs an aftermarket HU, oh well, I guess i will have to replace the darn blub cuz its driving me nuts not having a lit up clock when driving at night.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Re: System Installed (02AccordBigBoi)

check ground

make sure no "audio signal/rca's are near any power cable..
Old 10-21-2004, 05:25 PM

Default Re: System Installed (hybrid racer)

thats what I thought about, because the guy uninstalled the harness that I had put in myself and then said that the HU ground should have been connected to the aftermarket harness ground; the HU ground was a black long wire with a hook to screw it in to the body of the car which I had done. the guy cut the wire and attached it to the aftermarket harness. I'll bring that up when i go back tomorrow, since I pay money for this service, I will be there everytime I have a problem which I did not cause.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: System Installed (02AccordBigBoi)

thats the beauty of paying for install...