Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Radio code

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio code

I am afraid I know the answer, but let me ask it anyway.

I went to pull-a-part and found a nice clean 2004 Odyssey. My wife's radio has a blown channel so I figured I would ****** this one. Unfortunately there was no paperwork or owners manual in this car. So I could not find the security code for the radio.

Is there a HACK for this. Has anyone ever been able to figure the code? The JY guy thought that the Honda dealer could reprogram it for about $150. I am NOT doing that.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2016, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Radio code

Honda radio code

I found this option, but as I stated this car was at Pull-A-Part. I will need to take the radio back to them, find a battery, and hope the key is still in the car..... It was there when I got the radio.

I will leave this as my last option, cause it will be about $28.... $2 for PAP and $25 for the code to be emailed to me.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:46 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Install radio in your car, leave accusable, just plug everything in go to Honda dealer service department and tell them you replaced the cars batt. and you need the radio code, your mom will have to show proof of ownership of the car and you need the serial number off the unit, it will be free and takes them a few sec. to look it up. 94
Old 08-16-2016, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
Install radio in your car, leave accusable, just plug everything in go to Honda dealer service department and tell them you replaced the cars batt. and you need the radio code, your mom will have to show proof of ownership of the car and you need the serial number off the unit, it will be free and takes them a few sec. to look it up. 94
Thanks for your reply, but my mom has never owned a car that I have driven.... I bought my 1st car in 1980....

But here is the way to go... https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-...hread-2766144/

it was in the Acura section here. I needed the car's VIN. For some reason, I took a picture of the VIN plate at the junk yard. and I needed the serial #. It is on a sticker on top of the unit and the unit is out and in my garage. Some instructions say to do a button combo and write down all the #s leaving the letters out. But the links found in this post take the complete serial #.

In 2 seconds Honda replied with the code. I am so happy. Then internet is so awesome, I thank Al Gore everyday!
Old 08-16-2016, 09:12 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My mistake for some reason I thought you said your mom when in fact it was your wife.
Anyway you got it. 94
Old 08-19-2016, 07:07 AM
Trial User

DDZ25365370C i could help regain my radio code please i can not write very weel english greeting from Guatemala. very friendly and God bless you
Old 08-22-2016, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

People, people, everyone keeps giving you the link. There are a few tabs on the opening page. One says GET CODES.

Do not take your car to the dealer. Waste of time. Do the button combo to get the serial # or take the radio out. Open the drivers door and write down the VIN#. Go to the link we gave you and type in those #s and then check your email. If you can't follow that, go buy a new unit.