Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

lojack. what do u guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lojack. what do u guys think?

what are your opinions on lojack anti theft systems, and if you have any info on lojacks, leave some as well. i'm not sure how much it costs. i believe you have to take your car to a dealer to get it installed, or they come to you.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:57 PM

i'm thining about getting lojack on my car currently. It costs $699. It's a one time fee....you never have to put any more money towards it. Only a registred lojack dealer can install them. I dont know why, but they wont tell you where the unit is hidden within the car. I bet i'll find mine within 10 minutes of looking. If you really think your car is in danger of getting stolen, lojack is the best option. If you have modded your car and it's stolen, insurance will only pay for bluebook value. That means you basically loose all that money and time for your mods.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: (TurboLaxx)

hmm $699, not bad, i think that's a pretty good investment. i heard that you could also make monthly payments instead of paying the amount in full, but im going to have to double check that.

anybody else have an opinion on lojacks? good , bad, worth it or not, knows of someone with lojack, knows of someone whose car was stolen with lojack installed, any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (neo_)

^^^^^ The new lojack works off gps tracking. I have it in my car. Make sure you get the new earily warning, It is well worth it, If your car is moved with out the keychain next to it it will call your phone. It is about 5 min when I tested mine. If I was you I would relocate were they install it. But you might void your warrenty if you do. I was able to do it because I have a audio shop and had to have permission from a supervisor, They beleive if you move it you could diable it and do a insurance job on your own whip. I also have the dei gps as well, both are great units.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wrx-killer)

I personally know of two theft rings broken up, and two cars recovered because of lojack.

Tracking is the only thing that actively reduces car theft, as opposed to a simple alarm or security setup which protects the car but the thieves go on and steal someone else's car instead.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:41 AM

Default Re: (suspendedHatch)

I agree with everyone opinions. I work at an Acura Dealership in AZ and the LoJack early warning system is the best way to go. If your car moves without the keychain a certain distance then you are automattically notified. Besides, you might get a cheaper insurance rate as well if you have LoJack
Old 01-19-2006, 01:09 PM

Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think?

thanks for all the information and opinions. i think i'm going to give my local dealer a call for more information and possibly schedule an appointment.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think? (Bootleg18C)

lojack early warning system w/ gps tracking
Old 01-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think? (vtakvtrak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^^^ The new lojack works off gps tracking. I have it in my car. Make sure you get the new earily warning, It is well worth it, If your car is moved with out the keychain next to it it will call your phone. It is about 5 min when I tested mine. If I was you I would relocate were they install it. But you might void your warrenty if you do. I was able to do it because I have a audio shop and had to have permission from a supervisor, They beleive if you move it you could diable it and do a insurance job on your own whip. I also have the dei gps as well, both are great units. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn. Just what I was looking for. I might look into it. how far does the car have to move before it calls your phone?
Old 01-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think? (Luchini)

I moved my car about ten feet.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think? (wrx-killer)

i had a lojack system on my first gsr...they found it within 12 hours stripped.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:36 AM

Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think? (SagaGSR)

atleast you got some of your car back....
Old 01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think? (Bootleg18C)

how much is the new early warning lowjack system installed? And do they work anywhere?

Thanks guys
Old 01-23-2006, 07:55 PM

Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think? (sirrjibbalott)

My cousin in San Jose, CA had Turbo GSR with had lojack. Got stolen from his house and was able to track it but too late, everything gone. Read my recent post. A lot better and cheaper.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think? (BoostedCivic85)

if it has tracking y does it take so long to actually get to the car?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think? (SagaGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SagaGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had a lojack system on my first gsr...they found it within 12 hours stripped. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Was it the older lo-jack? If it was it was doom from the start. Thats why they revampend there system. They were taken a heavy loss on all thoses deductables they had to pay. If I stole your car at 2:30 in the morning I would be putting it in the garage or were ever car theives like to work. Start stripping the poor car motor, bumpers, interior-Might even come intack with the lo-jack system. The older system was put in three stupied spots and theives know were to look. Now with two people working on the poor teg the car can be stripped in about 3 hrs or less. People that do motor swaps on here have a pertty good ideal on how long it takes to drop a motor and trans. I done mine in about hour. Thats puts us at 5:30 in the morning. Now your waking up at 6 or 7 in the morning and you go outside for that morning stretch or going to work and your like bitch, my whip is gone. Now you got to call the police to make a report and have lo-jack beep the car. By then its to late. the car is stripped and is in perrty bad shape. Now with the new system you don't have to call it is tracked as soon as the car is moved. Even if they got smart and unpluged the tranny vss or the cruise control it doesn't matter. the gps kicks in and they are thru. Then you have a rep calling you leting you know that your car is poss being driven with out your consent. when you see your whip is gone you let the rep know and your car is being tracked with real life data. To me its worth every cent, Even thou I don't let my itr see night life I can sleep with out worrying about it. I even got a special separt phone for this, If that phone ever rings someone is a gonner.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:58 PM

im not sure what a LoJack really is... is it visible to the eye? or is it hidden so it looks as if you have no security at all?
Old 01-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b16greenmachine)

it is hidden in your car. The new lo-jack system incorparates a transponder that is carried on your key chain. If your car is moved with out that keychain in the car it sends a page to lo-jack that inturns calls your cell phone or pager. The live operater askes you if you gave permission to move your car.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I checked into the lojack system last week and am happy to see some more stuff on it.

When you consider the cost of replacing parts on yoru car, especially if it's a rare model (GSR for example) or you've droppefd some serious flow in mods.. It's pales in comparison.

When I buy my Integra, it'll be one of the first things I do.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont know about low jack because its not available in my area.

But the GPS tracking devices that also have cellular capabilities is very nice. You can build an invisable perimiter around your car. If it moves a certain distance it calls, beeps, or whatever you request. You can also call up and disable the car on the spot. You can also pull live data tracking up on the internet with maps and all.

It also tracks the data so if the car is stripped and placed somewhere else you can look to where the car has sat for an hour or so and tell where your parts are.

I tried it its good withing 100ft or so. It gave me the address of my neighbors house. close enough for me to find out who has my parts. Had this on my street bike. GPS and cellular only way to go.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^^^ The new lojack works off gps tracking. I have it in my car. Make sure you get the new earily warning, It is well worth it, If your car is moved with out the keychain next to it it will call your phone. It is about 5 min when I tested mine. If I was you I would relocate were they install it. But you might void your warrenty if you do. I was able to do it because I have a audio shop and had to have permission from a supervisor, They beleive if you move it you could diable it and do a insurance job on your own whip. I also have the dei gps as well, both are great units. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you saying it has it's own GPS tracking or works in conjunction with GPS tracking? My understanding is that all Lowjack systems utilize a police receiver and transponder (e.g. coverage is dependent on those enforcement agencies that use the receiver).

Not challenging your info, just needing some clarification.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Design)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxxtreme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont know about low jack because its not available in my area.

But the GPS tracking devices that also have cellular capabilities is very nice. You can build an invisable perimiter around your car. If it moves a certain distance it calls, beeps, or whatever you request. You can also call up and disable the car on the spot. You can also pull live data tracking up on the internet with maps and all.

It also tracks the data so if the car is stripped and placed somewhere else you can look to where the car has sat for an hour or so and tell where your parts are.

I tried it its good withing 100ft or so. It gave me the address of my neighbors house. close enough for me to find out who has my parts. Had this on my street bike. GPS and cellular only way to go.</TD></TR></TABLE>

who sells them?
Old 01-26-2006, 02:28 PM
CiViC I2aCeI2

I have 3 lojack in my car! ahahaha.....It's worth it! If they find one you still have 2 more.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lojack. what do u guys think? (wrx-killer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it is hidden in your car. The new lo-jack system incorparates a transponder that is carried on your key chain. If your car is moved with out that keychain in the car it sends a page to lo-jack that inturns calls your cell phone or pager. The live operater askes you if you gave permission to move your car. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CiViC_I2aCeI2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have 3 lojack in my car! ahahaha.....It's worth it! If they find one you still have 2 more. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Funny.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no where on the lojack site does it say anything about gps.

go with guide point. real time tracking via the web and early warning too. t

Quick Reply: lojack. what do u guys think?