Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: lojack!!! (8atman)

Layers are what protects my car.

Modified by 94_DC4 at 2:52 PM 10/3/2007
Old 06-26-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The dei is a stand along unit, It han be used with or with out a alarm system. It way better with a alarm system. its a gps/ celluar base system. It features online instance tracking, real time info. and will alert you via email, cell phone call or page if your car is moved with out your knowledge. You can also unlock or lock your doors via internet or phone. You can also disable the car while it is in motion- your not suppose to do this, it suppose to be set up that when the car is turned off it won't start again. But us installers just switch it to the ingition. So you can shut it down while they are driving. It has it own seperate back up battery so don't worry about it being diabled. I love this unit and recomend it to all of my customers. going price is about 750-1000 $ depending on were you go. Plus install.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you provide me with a part number or manufacturer or even dealer where i can get a hold of this dei unit. You can never put a price on security. would really like to know where i can get one and even a website i can read about it.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can you provide me with a part number or manufacturer or even dealer where i can get a hold of this dei unit. You can never put a price on security. would really like to know where i can get one and even a website i can read about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um, how about DEI's website?? http://www.directed.com
Old 06-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C_EJ8)

i heard theives will drive your car and park it somewhere to see if you have lojack and if no one takes it in a day or two, then they'll drive it back to wherever and start stripping it.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Vtecfool)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vtecfool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i heard theives will drive your car and park it somewhere to see if you have lojack and if no one takes it in a day or two, then they'll drive it back to wherever and start stripping it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

True!. But most of the time the cops comes and grabs it up once it is found, Or they leave it there and watch it. Then when the idiots comes back they bust them. It depends on the dectective or so.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ProjectNoob)

check out the website for more info, Remember, no warrentty if bought off the internet most of the time. Or there might be a big headache in the future on install or warrentty issues.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: lojack!!! (cxSHOE)

Hey cxShoe could I ask you some things about lojack in private message, I just signed up to honda-tech and do not know how to pm on this site. If you can get back to me at the email: iqbal0723@aim.com I would greatly appreciate it. It's my old email filled with spam, so put a subject like, Lojack or Re:lojack post.

Again I will greatly appreciate it if you can help me.

~Lincoln Six Echo

Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lojack!!! (Lincoln Six Echo)

I'm aware of the weaknesses people have expressed on this forum about lojack. But you asked for an anecdote, so here it is.

This guy I know got his late model Accord jacked. They found it a few weeks later. He didn't have lojack, but someone else did. Because of lojack they broke up a huge theft ring that was operating in Fontana. His car was among the many cars that were found.

This was right around 2002 or so.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: lojack!!! (cxSHOE)

How large is the device, have they changed it since 2001 or it's the same lo-jack device being used today? I've got an 02 Camry(lojack job done in 2002) and want to relocate it to a better place.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fact is if u dont spend the $$$ u lose EVERYTHING u put into the car anyway... u decide.

Last edited by m3tech95; 08-21-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

btw.. Alpha Locks are useless w/o a GOOD setup of Lug locks....
Old 10-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (m3tech95)

Fry all the electronics in the car? You mean like the ECU and ignition too? Then let me guess, they start it right up and drive away. Now the car is worth plenty on the black market! Tow it? Right. Every car thief has a tow truck these days. I hadn't noticed. If they're going to tow your car, they'll disconnect the battery or siren. It's your own damn fault for not having a backup battery, tilt switch, hood pin, and a siren mounted in the fender or under the battery.

Alphalocks are a nice deterrent, but they don't cover the lugs. 4 is ridiculous. If they're going to beat one, they're going to beat 4. If a person has 4, they might go through the hassle for a few days. Then at some point they're going to say "I'll just be back in a minute". How many people leave the club in the trunk?

Air horns are awesome when your car gets cited and impounded.

Car security doesn't have to be outrageous. I would never spend a grand on a car that cost me 2 grand.

Come on man, read up on some of the security threads in this forum before you go spreading myths that we debunked already. A stealth installed alarm is the best bang for your buck car security, and with a few add-ons and extra attention, it's damn near fool proof.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: (suspendedHatch)

Ditto that^^^

I can just see myself on a hot date with my glad rags on, installing 4 boots in the pissing rain.
NOT!!! 94
Old 10-13-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can just see myself on a hot date with my glad rags on, installing 4 boots in the pissing rain.
NOT!!! 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

Gotta kick out of that one.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ditto that^^^

I can just see myself on a hot date with my glad rags on, installing 4 boots in the pissing rain.
NOT!!! 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lojack!!!

my brother had his civic stolen about a year and a half ago (i think) and he was talking to me about putting lo jack in my civic. i think ill do it once i get an engine swap, but lo jack definitely sounds like a good idea. there are problems with it, such as the time it takes to find it, the fact that the thief can rip it out etc, but what i found most interesting is that some thieves will steal your car and leave it somewhere and monitor it to see if the cops come for it. Then theyll steal it again, knowing that the car has lo jack in it and theyll work fast to remove the equipment. kinda scary for those who own lo jack...