Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

HU Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HU Question

I'm looking to get a new HU for my car ('98 Civic). I'm just going to be using the HU to run the speakers,no amp and no sub. Just a basic system. I want something with a nice clean sound, since I'm tired of the crappy quality out of my old Sony deck. I'm probably going to be getting an Ipod, so I'll probably hook that into the HU. I don't really need any advanced features, as I'm not an audiofile and I don't have many plans to expand the system. So far, I've been looking at the Alpine CDA-9830/9831, but I've also been toying around with the Nakamichi CD-400. What do you think would be best for my needs? Any other suggestions for models to look at?
Old 12-03-2004, 05:20 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: HU Question (str8edgexx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by str8edgexx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm looking to get a new HU for my car ('98 Civic). I'm just going to be using the HU to run the speakers,no amp and no sub. Just a basic system. I want something with a nice clean sound, since I'm tired of the crappy quality out of my old Sony deck. I'm probably going to be getting an Ipod, so I'll probably hook that into the HU. I don't really need any advanced features, as I'm not an audiofile and I don't have many plans to expand the system. So far, I've been looking at the Alpine CDA-9830/9831, but I've also been toying around with the Nakamichi CD-400. What do you think would be best for my needs? Any other suggestions for models to look at?</TD></TR></TABLE> If you are getting an Ipod go with the Alpine, and get the interface so you can control the Ipod from the HU http://www.alpine.com 94
Old 12-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HU Question (fcm)

I've heard people complaining about that interface. And isn't it nearly impossible to get your hands onto?
Old 12-04-2004, 06:50 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: HU Question (str8edgexx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by str8edgexx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've heard people complaining about that interface. And isn't it nearly impossible to get your hands onto?</TD></TR></TABLE>Yea I know, there is always going to be someone complaining, the big bitch I hear is you can't search for songs as fast with the HU as you can with the iPod, but if you ask anyone that complains about them, what HU will work better, they shut right up, no one else has a control interface like the KCA-420i.

There is a reason why they are hard to come by, at our store we get 5 or 6 in a month, and they are all spoken for, we will only hold for 24 hr, evan if you have a deposit, once you have been told its in, if you don't come and get it, its gone.

I would still get the Alpine, and just get the AI-NET adpt. for the i-Pod 94