Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Back Up Camera

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Up Camera

Hello everyone,

I am in need of wiring diagram information. I have a 2015 Honda Accord that I am working on. I would like to check the voltage at the back up camera connector and continuity for the video wires as well. I had a friend look it up on All data and Mitchel On Demand. There's nothing there. Does any one know what voltage the camera operates on? Which wires are what? Here below is a list of the wires and colors
Black
White
Yellow
White
Black
Red

Appreciate any help

Bryan
Old 08-31-2016, 01:57 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Back Up Camera

If it is OEM then I should be available at Mitchel on demand, if it is an aftermarket camera, [dealer installed] plugged into a stock system, you may be able to get that info from the manufacturer.

A pinout of the plug/socket on the back of the stock unit would also get you the info you need.

All I can tell you is the voltage is most likely 12V+ with a common ground, [chassis ground].

But if you do a continuity check on each lead and have good continuity on all, [when plugged in] a ground, [full chassis continuity] and at least one 12V+ source, [with IGN. on and in reverse] and unit does not work, my guess is the camera itself is the problem, but could just as well be in the HU, [but less likely if everything else works on the HU. 94
Old 08-31-2016, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
If it is OEM then I should be available at Mitchel on demand, if it is an aftermarket camera, [dealer installed] plugged into a stock system, you may be able to get that info from the manufacturer.

A pinout of the plug/socket on the back of the stock unit would also get you the info you need.

All I can tell you is the voltage is most likely 12V+ with a common ground, [chassis ground].

But if you do a continuity check on each lead and have good continuity on all, [when plugged in] a ground, [full chassis continuity] and at least one 12V+ source, [with IGN. on and in reverse] and unit does not work, my guess is the camera itself is the problem, but could just as well be in the HU, [but less likely if everything else works on the HU. 94
Hello,

Yes, it is a factory camera. When I had Mitchell On Demand print out, all it shows was the wires coming from the radio to camera. And the colors. But not what wire is what or voltage, ohms, etc....My friend there at the shop said import cars are like this and don't give out that info. Should I have him took up the radio and pinout instead of the camera diagram?

Thanks

Bryan
Old 08-31-2016, 02:43 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Then you will have to get the radio pin-out. 94
Old 09-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
Then you will have to get the radio pin-out. 94
I had him look it up and there's nothing there but the color of the wires. It doesn't tell me which one is power ground video or audio etc.

Any suggestions?

Bryan