Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Alarm Pros & Cons

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 12:43 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alarm Pros & Cons

I'am looking for a cheap and affordable alarm for my car..nothing to fancy but something that will work. I searched and didnt pull anything up.

Car: 1992 Si hatch. I dont have powerwindows or power locks so that limits keyless entry,etc. I just want something that works effective and cheap possible made by dei?

Could you all post some links to some good alarms for good prices.I plan on letting circuit city install it. I was gonna call and price there alarms today but theyre closed (turkey day) does anyknow there cheapest price alarm installed?
TIA
Old 11-27-2003, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alarm Pros & Cons (USDMDC2)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAP...14934

thats the alarm I have on my car, got it installed at future shop for about 100 with tax I think. Goes off very easily and is really loud. Also comes with a glass break sensor so it hears smashing glass but loud exhuast and systems set it off but who really cares as long as it works. Has scared away thieves to times when my driver window was smashed and when they tried to pry my hatch open. Both times I know they were going for the audio since the car was on blocks but it scared them away. Thats the ebay dealer I bought it from as well so you know you get everything.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Alarm Pros & Cons (EF-Pimp)

Thanks..ttt anyone else post up.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:52 PM

get a code alarm tw1. Works for both manual or automatic. Its a starter/alarm combo. If that isn't your route try and find a new or used Clifford Concept 400. They are the ****. Cliffords are now made by DEI which sucks, but what can you do?

http://www.clifford.com/guides...s.pdf
Old 11-27-2003, 09:46 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Alarm Pros & Cons (sopiwnykg)

Does anyone know what the cheapest alarm circuit city has installed?
Wheres any other place i could order one or get one installed?
Old 11-28-2003, 05:18 AM

A friend of mine bought a really cheap alarm from CC... something like a "Python" or something? It was a simple horn with shock sensor. I think you should do a little better and protect your hatch and door pin switches.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:15 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Alarm Pros & Cons

Anyone else? I found an alarm today at circuit city made by dei and its 119.00 and they want 100 more to install it...so before i do this anyone else?
Old 11-28-2003, 04:02 PM

I see a $70 alarm on circuitcity.com. It has a starter kill and shock sensor (rattler250D0). Take a look there since they may not have this one in the stores.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:41 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Alarm Pros & Cons (PupaScoopa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PupaScoopa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I see a $70 alarm on circuitcity.com. It has a starter kill and shock sensor (rattler250D0). Take a look there since they may not have this one in the stores.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep but the problem is they want 100.00 more to install it..
Anyone else?? TTT
Old 11-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Try http://www.microalarm.com

They are pretty basic. I can get these alarms to you pretty cheap, and if you are somewhat close, I can install it and even put door lock actuators on for keyless entry.

An alarm is an alarm. The only difference is the features. Brand names aren't really important. Clifford makes a line called the G4 which has a remote start that is safe for a manual transmission car. I've installed a few of these for people and they are awesome. This is the only company so far that I have seen that makes these. There may be others out there though. If you ask the Clifford techs about these remote starts, they say they wouldn't do it. Thing is, When DEI bought out Clifford, DEI fired all the Clifford techs. The DEI guys aren't familiar with the Clifford lines at all. DEI sucks IMO. They do make a lot of bypass modules for transponder keys and OEM anti-theft stuff.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:41 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Alarm Pros & Cons (jonyb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jonyb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try http://www.microalarm.com

They are pretty basic. I can get these alarms to you pretty cheap, and if you are somewhat close, I can install it and even put door lock actuators on for keyless entry.

An alarm is an alarm. The only difference is the features. Brand names aren't really important. Clifford makes a line called the G4 which has a remote start that is safe for a manual transmission car. I've installed a few of these for people and they are awesome. This is the only company so far that I have seen that makes these. There may be others out there though. If you ask the Clifford techs about these remote starts, they say they wouldn't do it. Thing is, When DEI bought out Clifford, DEI fired all the Clifford techs. The DEI guys aren't familiar with the Clifford lines at all. DEI sucks IMO. They do make a lot of bypass modules for transponder keys and OEM anti-theft stuff.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Went to the website & took forever to load so i said the hell with it.
TTT anyone else?
Old 11-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's the page with the alarms. It's a little more direct. Maybe faster.

http://www.microalarm.com/alarmmenu.html
Old 11-29-2003, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What do you guys think about an alarm like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33721

The remote is switchblade style like on '99 up VW/Audi and "high end" European cars....

(Sorry if I'm hi-jackin' your thread dude....)
Old 12-02-2003, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Alarm Pros & Cons

go to mypushcart.com. I bought a good alarm there and had it in 2 days. They shipped it quickly and completely. I got an alarm/starter for 100.00. Don't be a wuss install it yourself
Old 12-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alarm Pros & Cons (sopiwnykg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sopiwnykg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a code alarm tw1. Works for both manual or automatic. Its a starter/alarm combo. If that isn't your route try and find a new or used Clifford Concept 400. They are the ****. Cliffords are now made by DEI which sucks, but what can you do?</TD></TR></TABLE> Why does DEI suck, They are the number 1 seller of alarms in the WORLD. They bought Clifford becuase they were in financial trouble, if you are looking for a cheap alarm get the Hornet 719t it is 100 dollars and it is as simple as hooking up a radio..matt
Old 12-03-2003, 08:02 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Alarm Pros & Cons (mraudio13)

Heres what type of alarm I'm wanting...
1) if my window gets busted
2) if some one opens my door when its unlocked
3) opens the hatch
4) trys to key it or throw a rock
5) starter ignition kill
6) Chirping mode...(beep at them first and then go off)
7) starter/ignition mode.

I have $100-150...Excatly how hard is an alarm to install?
Show me some more alarms please.......ttt
Old 12-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got a Clifford 700IQ I removed from my totalled integra. Bought a new siren and installed it myself. Unfortunately the door lock function is fried, other than that it works flawlessly. Yes, I did install it myself too. Just get the wiring for the alarm you get and for your car.

BTW I don't think you'll be able to get an alarm that goes off when your car gets keyed.