Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

adding keyless entry to old alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default adding keyless entry to old alarm

My friend recently bought a mint condition used 1990 Honda Accord EX.. it comes w/ a REALLY old school Clifford alarm.. Super IPS is the model name.. its not even on Cliffords website anymore Lolz.. but the manual is in the glovebox and everything for it is there and in working order ...

anyway his car has power door locks and he would like keyless entry... however this alarm is very featureless... it does NOT flash the parking lights, it does NOT lock/unlock the power door locks, it has a single stage shock sensor, 2 button remote, and it does have starter kill... I tried getting him to get a new alarm but he does not want to quote "spend that much on an old car"...

what he's wondering is if there is anyway to add/wire up keyless entry on this alarm for a relatively low cost...where when he arms it w/ the remote (no auto arming Lolz) it locks the door... when he disarms it unlocks the doors... looking at the wiring diagram booklet/harness.. there is NO option for wiring keyless OR flashing parking lights..

is there a way to wire up the door locks somehow w/ the starter kill or something? like when u arm the alarm the starter kill relay activates and you cant start the car.. when u disarm the starter kill de-activates and u can start the car.. he wants to know if there is a way to wire up the door locks somehow perhaps w/ some relay or module to where he can get keyless...

I've tried getting him to get a new alarm cuz nowadays even the cheap $200 installed alarms have keyless.. but he doesn't want to spend $200 on this car Lolz.. so if theres a way to hook up keyless lemme kno so i can tell him.. thanks..