Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Mickeys (xtoplinex) Build Thread!!! AWESOME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mickeys (xtoplinex) EK Hatch Build Thread!!! AWESOME!!!

Can a MOD fix the title for me??^^^ I wanted to add 98 EK Hatch, but forgot.

Here is the car 1 day after I bought it (02/02/08)
All I did to it was paint the steelies black cause it was covered in surface rust, than I wetsanded the hubs and painted them metallic gunmetal.

****02/07/08****
*Mugen style Front lip
*SIR Foglights (I'm gunna change them to yellow soon..cause one of them seems alittle darker than the other.)
*Wet sanded the Headlights,Bumper,Rear Bumper and Hatch..than Buffed it.

Than just Yesterday, I bought these other things:
*Carbon Fiber atenna bock out plate
*Type R grille
*And put in some used GSR seats
(I removed the SIR fogs cause one was alittle darker than the other so I ordered so yellow Depo fogs from ebay.)

****02/10/08****
Today I got my wheels and tires from a great friend of mine..and they look pretty good, I like the color of it.And I decided to bake the headlights cause they where starting to drive me crazy with that faded chrome color...so I decided to paint in in this weird gray metallic that has a very light hint of green in it for a dirty look.And while I was at it, I removed the orange reflectors and the orange battle dome.I think it looks alot better now.
Well any ways, here are the pics.

****02/15/08****
Well on thursday, I undercoated the rear end of the car for a cleaner look. It also eliminate some sound going inside the car.I also got my fog lights today from the mail..and I also installed them..but took a while, so all I got was a night picture..well, enjoy.

...and I also managed to get my paint for the car today! :biggrin:
I went with Night Hawk Black..but I decided to change it alittle.
I got the Black, and instead of adding the Pearl Blue Fine, I decided to go with a Violet Pearl (Not too much pearl...but just enough to make the paint look kinda funky.) I'm going to start working on all the dings around the car 2morrow with some force , and Bondo work..I'll post pics as I go along with the process.Laterz!

****02/18/08****
Here is some progress before doing the paint job.For now I fixed up all the small dents with bondo,and the smaller scratches with putty, than I sanded the rest with 600 wet.And now the body is SUPER SMOOTH..I just finished laying down the black primer, so I'll post more pics of the job 2morrow.
If you want the body work to come out great, Sometimes you just have to do the work yourself.

And thumbs up for an AWESOME engine...lol

Modified by xtoplinex at 2:20 PM 9/30/2008
Old 08-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mickeys (xtoplinex) Build Thread!!! AWESOME!!! (xtoplinex)

****02/19/08****

Here is how the primer looks as of now...Today, I decided to wet sand the primer with 600 wet..and as you can see..it came out pretty smooth (Just to the point where the black basecoat will stick well.)I also removed the rear wiper, and placed a butt-plug in it. I got the little plug from the fire wall right behind the battery..and it fit perfectly.

***02/23/08****

Well, I'm in the finishing process to make this car shine like crazy.I just waiting 3 days until I can wet sand the whole car with 1000grit to remove alot of the orange peal..after 1000 is 1500, than 2000...AND THAN 2500....lol.And I also rebaked my headlight and painted them black instead of the gunmetal look.But for now, THIS IS ALL YOU GET!!! Finish product should be later on the week..Later.

I told you it had purple.

****02/25/08****

I wet sanded the whole car down with 1000 wet sand than, 1500, and than with alittle 2000.And as you can see..there is very minor orange peal...so I'm happy.Now all I need to buff is the front bumper and place the new CF Hood..

****03/02/08****
I bought new 99-00 EK taillights,and I also received my Tein Drop Springs (the drop won't go on until I get my tokico shocks in).Than I also bought myself alittle mascot for the project.

****03/03/08****

Well, the hood came in today.And I must say...it's pretty damn light.I got it installed with 2 other buddies so that we won't run into any installation problems.I also removed alot of the swirl marks that where left from the buff job...now it really needs that drop BAD!

****03/09/08****
I've dropped it already.And it still looks alittle high..lol..but it looks good for now..Here is how she sits as of now.She is probably going to look like this for a while until I can get my hands on a gsr motor. ...than I buy the Spoon Mirrors and Duckbill to give it the finishing touches.

***03/16/08****
I installed my seats on yesterday..and they where kinda a bitch to put on, but it's all worth it once it's on.The color of the seats are blue, and hopefully I can get my whole interior wrapped by the end of the month...so we will see then.I wanted to do the interior different than anyone else's..sooo I picked blue...But don't worry about it,I won't over do it with all blue interior..lol.Here is a photoshop I did of more or less how I want it to look.

Than after that, I'm gonna change out the steering wheel...cause it's pretty bad.

****03/16/08****

And I also put on my rear lip.woot! The rear end looks sooo much better now, and so I'll paint it the same color as the car.

And I also changed out my lug nuts...cause the chrome wasn't cutting it...plus that wheel lock looked gross.

I finally got my Si cluster!!

****03/21/08****

Whats this? A package from Password JDM? Lets see what it is.

I finished installing the ctr carbon bezel over the si cluster..I had to rig it up alittle so that it would fit properly..But it fit great in the end,and it looked awesome.

I picked up my car back from the shop today...and I gotta say...blue is pretty awesome color.I also got all that light gray plastic painted to black for a cleaner look.They also did black carpet,black headliner with visors,trunk,and trunk cover in black carpet as well.I just got to wait till the shifter boot gets made, along with my custom black floor mats.(which will be sometime this week.) Here are the pictures as of now..what do you guys think?
(In some of the pictures the blue looks kinda bright...well that's because I used flash on the camera..it's actually like a navy blue in person.)

I baked out the headlight again and painted all black.

Got my C-Pillar on.

New Custom Floor mats.

CF Spoon Replica Duckbill

Spoon Sports Shift ****

Acura Type S steering wheel.

Modified by xtoplinex at 2:38 PM 9/30/2008
Old 08-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So here's the thing....since I painted my car about a month ago..I've always seemed to have had a problem with the clear not drying properly...So I think it's time to repaint my car again..lol.And hopefully it gets done right this time..This next time that it's going to be painted, will be done by my good friend which is the **** with paint..and is all about perfection..and he's going to be doing everything for me (cause I don't feel like going through all the trouble of rebondoing and puddying the whole car again.)And this time, I think I'm going to change the color..I needed a color that would contrast the CF very well...soooo I picked this color. (And yeah I know..everyone and there moms has this color, but I think this color would be best suited with all the CF I got and everything..contrast.)

The car will get painted sometime next week..I'll let you guys know what's up.

I decided to drop the car alittle more...about 1" front and rear..and now it's sitting perfect..And I also traded wheels with a friend..The new ones I have are Rota slipstreams.So right now it's all about the murder look..lol..but only temporary until the car gets painted in Championship White.Cause personally, I think black on black is alittle too much for me..but w/e..It looks pretty good for now.

Just bought an EK armrest like a couple days ago, from a cool dude by where I live for $40, than I sent it to the interior shop and got it wrapped for $20..not bad huh?

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I just bought an Apexi World Sport muffler on Thursday, and got it installed with 2 1/2 piping.And I got to tell you...It sounds pretty nice..It's has this deep sound to it..it's great..I also got the tip cut alittle cause the tip on the muffler was WAY too long! So they chopped it alittle..and now the fitment is great...I can't wait for my motor!!!
And here it is installed on my car with the cut tip.

***04/25/08***
Well, some more stuff came in...Just minor things...but sometimes the smallest things can be the biggest looks on someones car.

***4/29/08***
And another item came in the mail today..woot!

***5/03/08***
Almost done...but wow, that Championship White looks niiiiiiccce. It just needs the finishing touches in the following week.It still needs to be wetsanded and buffed..and I'm still waiting on my Type R side moldings to get here. ~ ..but other than that everything is on..and there isn't any really dust problems which is really good..but here is how it looks as of now.

***05/06/08***
I'm going to be buffing the car maybe sometime next week along with some light wet sanding to get it orange peel free and just to make it over all smooth..after that,things will be looking pretty awesome!I finally got the headlights on...they are looking pretty sweet..I also went to the dealer to order some new clip for my side skirts and also some new weather striping for the front and side windows...it's going to be looking great!

***05/10/08***
I just got the city lights working now..they look pretty cool..and they look sooo JDM..lol.And I also have my freshly painted side skirts on...now it's complete..

...expect for the motor....lol.

Modified by xtoplinex at 2:52 PM 9/30/2008
Old 08-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

5/27/08
Well I got some nice little HP now..It feels nice,and it sounds great.I bought the cold air from ebay for like $60.00 than when it got here I bought a K&N filter for like $55.00..lol.So now I know that my car is breathing clean air now.

6/2/08
And thanks to my friends from school, my new fenders where painted on Friday.They laid down the the clear MAAAAAADDD HEAVY..lol..So it ended up getting a couple of clear drips..but it's all good.I wetsanded the drips with 1000,1500 and 2000 than finally, I buffed the sanded parts..and now it looks PERFECT!

My Blue Tinted flat Broadway mirror also came in as well.

And I finally got myself a pair of HID's H4 5000k (For a SUPER white look...no blue for me)and the kit also came with slim ballast!!! Those things are thin as hell!

6/10/08
NEW ITEMS!!

They are small details,but the smallest of details can sometimes be the biggest right? I bought me some Spoon socks and Vision aluminum lug nuts.

Here's the comparison between the Advance auto parts blue lug nuts, against the new Vision Lug nuts...BIG difference.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

06/11/08
And here is what I did today, I got alittle bored today...So I decided to make a Civic Type R cluster..without the type R part...lol...and it came out pretty sweet.All I did was paint the needles yellow,and covered up the Si logo with some flat black vinyl..and I got to say, it looks pretty awesome.

6/26/08
I got a new Lip!!! For a very awesome price! The lip is a real authentic mugen style (if that makes any sense..lol)The lip company is from Seibon and the weave looks phenomenal! And the fitment is really tight and it hugs the bumper like crazy.Now I'm going to be forced to buy C-West side skirts to make it look more even.And I also got a front strut brace for like $20..but hey, it does the job.

7/1/08
Anyways...my new Stanley Clear CTR side markers came in today...and it makes the car look alot cleaner (yeah the orange side markers are jdm and all but, so are these..lol)And I also used orange LED's for the turn signals that way the housing stays clear until lit.

7/2/08
Here are the Gabs I bought off a friends they are 15x6.5 with some terrible rubber..lol.

7/4/08
Here's the picture of the new beefy tires.The previous were in pretty bad shape, plus they were 3 different brands of tires..lol.The old tire set-up was 195/60/15 in the front (very ugly, and too much tire) and the rear was 195/50/15 (way to small, and skinny..and a terrible brand) Now the new set-up is Nitto Neo Gen tires 205/50/15 (they are alittle bit wider, it hugs the lip to protect it from curb rash, and it just looks flat out mean.)

7/9/08
Here is how the front lip looks now..I think it looks awesome..I taped the lip up with that 3M Vinyl tape (which is good to use when doing 2-tone paint jobs or jobs like this.)..and as you can see,The line from Championship white to CF is very keen.I like this look alot better...it looks alot cleaner, but still retaining that mean look that I want.

07/18/08
So yeah....pretty much...I kinda went carzy..lol.I bought some CTR seats from a friend..and I'm pretty much speechless right now..lol..I traded him my s2K seats plus $350 on top.The seats look great, but there's little things I got to fix during the week.Like first, I need to repair the drivers seat seude, cause there is alittle rip on the side of the seat (along with new structure padding)...but it's not a big deal..I'll get that fixed and it will look slightly used instead of extremely used..lol.And I also got my clear foglights in today..I think it looks alot cleaner than the yellow ones for sure.

And yeah, I know.....I'll be changing the material on the rear seat,armrest, and center console this week!! ..it's gonna be in red suede...and the carpet and headliner will stay in black, for more contrast against the red.

7/25/08
So I just happened to have come across these type R headlights..they looked pretty sh!tty when I got them.
BEFORE:

But since I'm a sick dude, I wet sanded them with 1000,1500 than 2000.After that, I gave it a sick buff to polish it up.And it came out like this.
AFTER:

07/26/08
Here are some pictures of the redone interior.They also repaired my ripped Recaro seats.
The stuff I Installed through the week:
*New Ebay wannabe CTR black floormats
*CTR Shift ****
*CTR Shift boot
*CTR E-brake handle w/silver button
*CTR Headlights

Parts I haven't installed yet:
*CTR Thin side moldings

The parts I'm wait for:
*CTR Arm rest eliminator
*CTR Honda hood badge
*CTR a/c coin pocket

7/26/08
So I installed the headlights yesterday after I got my car back.But as soon as I installed them on the car I was pretty unhappy cause I washed my car as soon after that, the headlights started to fog up! (***!!!!!).So what I did was I removed the headlights,and since it was open I thought it would be alot better if I have installed the little bulb shields (Cause when I bought the headlights the guy had removed them so that the bubs would be brighter...a big no no.) So I broke my stock headlights and took the bulb shield from those and installed them on the new headlights..than after all of that, I resealed it with a ton of gray silicone so it will <U>NEVER</U> fog up again!

And on the car, with the bulb shields and the ton of silicone..lol.

7/29/08

Well I finally got my EK9 Thin side moldings on..My friend laid down the paint yesterday, and we let the paint settle over night.I installed them first thing this mourning..but wow, what a difference it made..It looks awesome!

And FINALLY, I got myself a nice HONDA steering wheel..lol.I bought it off a friend cause he installed a racing steering wheel..The steering wheel is off a Civic EP...and it fits very well...IT EVEN HAS RED STITCHING!!

Here are the pieces that came in yesterday.
*CTR Honda hood badge
*CTR Arm rest eliminator
*CTR coin pocket

And today,yeah, I didn't see this coming..lol.

Modified by xtoplinex at 10:04 AM 8/25/2008

Modified by xtoplinex at 2:57 PM 9/30/2008
Old 08-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are some new parts!!
*Aline HU
*Painted my Shift boot console black
*Vision Shift ****
*Redid the red sticker on the steering wheel
*And I dropped the car alittle bit more.

And today..***08/24/08***
I installed my new CTR Climate control,CTR Cup holder, and I tilted the rear duckbill alittle bit.
And I also took some pics around town.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Modified by xtoplinex at 10:00 AM 8/25/2008

Modified by xtoplinex at 6:57 PM 8/26/2008
Old 08-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mickeys (xtoplinex) EK Hatch Build Thread!!! AWESOME!!! (xtoplinex)

Damn dude, you definitely like to keep changing your car lol.

I really liked it when it was murdered out but overall your final product is the best.

CTR FTMFW!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love the transformation! In the beginning, I was like ehh... not feelin it, but at the end, it came out pretty damn nice!
Old 08-24-2008, 07:45 PM
A Digital Frontier

u in hialeah!? lol im from hialeah the car went threw a nice nice transformation and did u happened to trade those blue s2's to some guy names juan witha purple integra? lol cause he recently traded his recaros for those same seats nice job
o and u gona be at the fhc meet?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:03 PM
HRD PKR

Default Re: (dirtyharryhatch)

bad *** dude! Car is looking really good
Old 08-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Car looks sick, i love it!

Maybe i missed something somewhere, but you kept saying you dropped the car some more...How are you doing that with just s-tech springs?? haha
Old 08-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not in Hialeah, but near downtown Miami area. I gave Juan my blue s2's, and in return, he gave me his CTR's..And yes, I'll be attending the FHC meet.

Modified by xtoplinex at 9:39 PM 8/24/2008
Old 08-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MR_EJ8)

Thanks man! Yeah.....ummm you got me..lol...MR. SCISSORS!!! LOL .I'm not too proud of it.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xtoplinex)

up because miami has sick kars
Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks hella nice man! sell me them gabs lol
Old 08-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Desired_Speeds)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Desired_Speeds &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love the transformation! In the beginning, I was like ehh... not feelin it, but at the end, it came out pretty damn nice!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-27-2008, 04:25 AM
A Digital Frontier

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xtoplinex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not in Hialeah, but near downtown Miami area. I gave Juan my blue s2's, and in return, he gave me his CTR's..And yes, I'll be attending the FHC meet.

Modified by xtoplinex at 9:39 PM 8/24/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol dope what a small world haha ill be seeing u there
Old 08-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice project, anyplans for the motor?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:54 PM

Default Re: (my95dc2)

thats wsup
Old 08-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys..Yeah I'll see you there. And as for the motor,yes I have big plans for it! I should be purchasing a ITR B18c sometime in November.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:50 PM

looking at all the pics on one page makes me realize how far this car has come along. not like the squad forum. lol looks good!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (-JAWSHUA-)

haha for sure. Thanks man.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are some of the latest pictures from the last meet.

Shots were taken by the coolest guy in the world! You know who you are.

And I haven't been doing alot of stuff to the car (Visual wise) lately.Cause now....the motor has to go. And I just happened to stumble across a B16 for a great price.

With that said, I went ahead and bought some stuff that I'm going to need to make this swap possible. As of now I bought a brand new B-Series SI driver side motor mount, the whole shift linkage assembly..and some other stuff to make this B-Series engine feel welcomed..lol.

(Not all of the items are posted up..But I'll post more up very soon. )
Old 09-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mickeys (xtoplinex) EK Hatch Build Thread!!! AWESOME!!! (xtoplinex)

great build
Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 AM

You sellout.

you went from a ferking awesome black/purple color, and blue interior, to ferking champ white, with red srd's EVERY **** AND HIS MOM HAS THAT CAR!!!

WHATS NEXT???

A K20?!??!?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (moonshadowmetallic)

i kinda a agree.. that black/purple on the slips with the blue interior was mad sick. but then again this car is still a work of art! lets see the swap get done!

Quick Reply: Mickeys (xtoplinex) Build Thread!!! AWESOME!!!