Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

Engine Clunk - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Clunk - Please Help

Hello everyone.
So I have a 2007 Acura TSX (Auto) and have always had the infamous vibration. Here recently I started to hear a small clunk under hard acceleration or during a really cold morning. So I did a little inspection and my rear mount looked to be collapsed so I replaced it with an OEM Mount. Yes I went OEM: and was by far the best decision ever. I would say 90% of my vibration is gone especially on cold mornings. But I did notice that I still have a small clunk. After replacing it I did the "Brake Torque" check in reverse and drive and it looks to be still getting a lot of rear of the motor movement followed by a small clunk when released. Now if I'm at a stop and accelerate at a decent speed I can hear the clunk but it sounds like its from the driver side.

I know these motors have 6 or so mounts but I'm guessing its the transmission mount since in reverse I'm not getting any movement out of the front of the motor. Just looking for ideas since its cold as hell here right now but I plan to inspect in a few days. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks
Old 11-21-2016, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Engine Clunk - Please Help

Sounds like motor mounts. Check all of them and replace those that are broken. Hopefully that will solve your clunking issue. If not, then you will need to poke around to see if anything came loose since who knows how long the engine was vibrating with broken mounts.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Engine Clunk - Please Help

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try and look at the passenger mount this weekend I have a feeling its the culprit. Also going to re-torque the rear mount to make sure it's in perfect spec.