Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Whats new on 05 DC5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats new on 05 DC5?

So I have ordered a 05 TypeS.

I have heard they updated cams,intake mani, exhaust....

Does anyne know the exact differences or where they got these upgrades from?

Also the ECU is different this yr.. Just want more detailed info about the difference in the 05...

Some people say this is the worst time to buy the car...

THanks,

Gordie
Old 06-19-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (Gordie)

well it is the worst time if you plan on modding it, because most of that stuff will be replaced, but i think the 05 looks nice

but all in all its still a k20a2, one bad *** engine, enjoy the car and take lots of pics for us (me)

if you do plan on modding it i think you should of looked for a pre owned type S, cheaper, same engine and stuff, still got the acura logo on it.

although your gona miss out on breaking the engine in and the new car smell but i think its easier on your wallet, but you already ordered the car so yeah..
Old 06-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Chopper 2 Hopper

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (M1K3)

EH, I would've waited for the '06 model or the '06 Civic Si if anything.

Still a fun car to buy, I might get one this fall.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i heard they're discontinuing the rsx after 05
Old 06-20-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: (shyne)

wrong. after 06.

and i just realized that the front oem strutbar is different as well. i baught mugen front and rear strutbars in hopes i can use the front in conjunction with the stock. i was wrong....

reason's behind mugen for still staying with a 2 point design even after honda has a stock 3 point on it, is just stupid. mugen sucks. (not really, im just mad)
Old 06-20-2005, 01:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M1K3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well it is the worst time if you plan on modding it, because most of that stuff will be replaced, but i think the 05 looks nice

but all in all its still a k20a2, one bad *** engine, enjoy the car and take lots of pics for us (me)

if you do plan on modding it i think you should of looked for a pre owned type S, cheaper, same engine and stuff, still got the acura logo on it.

although your gona miss out on breaking the engine in and the new car smell but i think its easier on your wallet, but you already ordered the car so yeah..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

1.) the 05 performs better and looks better
2.) the k20z is the replacement
3.) why? the 05 is just completely different. if u wanna go for the gusto get a new one.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

2005 RSX changes:

* Revised suspension tuning for increased handling precision and a smoother ride
o Ride height reduced by 7 mm
o Optimized damper and spring settings
o Firmer stabilizer bars (front and rear for Type-S)
o Bushings at suspension installation points were optimized
o Inversely wound front coil springs
* Refined steering system for enhanced feel and quicker response
o Quicker steering ratio
o Stiffer steering column
o Pump flow increased by seven percent
o Kickback reduction valve
* Optimized braking system for enhanced stopping power and feel
o Pedal stroke decreased
o Master cylinder diameter increased
o Brake pedal to rigidity increased
* Larger diameter 17-inch alloy wheels and 215/45R17 all-season high-performance tires
* Body rigidity increased 15 percent in front and 21 percent in the rear through the application of reinforcements at key areas
* NVH reduced
o Engine damper added to front subframe to reduce engine rocking and vibration transmitted from the engine to the cabin
o Insulation material added at key points on doors and roof to reduce road noise
o Side-mirror gaps sealed and weather strip added
* More aggressive exterior styling
o New front and rear bumper designs
o Redesigned headlight and taillight assemblies
o Restyled signature 5-sided Acura grille
o Redesigned side sill garnish
o Four new exterior colors: Magnesium Metallic, Vivid Blue Pearl, Jade Green Metallic, Blaze Orange Metallic
* Freshened interior design
o Deeply bolstered front seats with thicker cushions
o New chrome and titanium-look accents
o Meter faces changed from metallic to white
* Additional engine intake and exhaust modifications boost horsepower to 210 at 7800 rpm
o High performance Type R camshafts to improve engine breathing
o Type R Air intake duct for increased air flow
o Larger diameter exhaust pipes to increase exhaust flow
o High flow catalytic converter optimized to reduce exhaust backpressure
* 6-speed transmission optimized with Type R final gear ratio for quicker acceleration and carbon synchronizers replacing brass on 5th and 6th gears for a smoother shift feel
* Larger diameter front strut tower bar
* Bushings replaced by bearings on strut mount
* Deck lid spoiler
Old 06-20-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (96 SOHC VTEC)

mm good find ^^^
Old 06-20-2005, 06:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M1K3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well it is the worst time if you plan on modding it, because most of that stuff will be replaced, but i think the 05 looks nice

although your gona miss out on breaking the engine in and the new car smell but i think its easier on your wallet, but you already ordered the car so yeah.. </TD></TR></TABLE>huh? it's a k20z1. type-r cams, im, final drive, and type-r exhaust (part of it, not the entire thing).

05 is a lot faster stock then 02-04, and handles a bit better imo. And yea, they're going to at least have a 06. The discontinuation theory is highly debatable, but they've just revised the car and they won't discontinue it after only a year.

And there most likely won't be any changes with the 06.

And the 06 Si is hideous imo. I've seen it in person and I wouldn't be caught dead in one. But LSD does sound nice.

Get an 05. I know I don't regret it. And aftermarket support is good. Modding 05's really good right now. Lots of parts fit that are from 02-04.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (RSXisS)

I love my 05 TypeS, and I can say that it is DEFINATELY an improvement over the 2002 TypeS I had for 70,000km.

It isn't the fastest perf. compact in a straightline (SRT-4), and it isn't the cheapest perf. compact (Cobalt SS), but there is so much more to the purchase that makes the TypeS my choice.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (mikestypes)

Alright,, well right now i have a 00 GSR I/H/E..

Some say that VaFC will not do much since it is pretty much tuned out... ayone on VAFC2 on 05 type S?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:53 PM

i stand corrected.

where would i be with out you guys

my cousins 05 type s is really nice, although my other cousin who owned an integra type r didnt like it, he said that it was bigger, suspension was to soft and it didnt have that 'raw power' like the ITR did.

id still take a type s over one because its more comfortable
Old 06-20-2005, 10:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RSXisS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">huh? it's a k20z1. type-r cams, im, final drive, and type-r exhaust (part of it, not the entire thing).

05 is a lot faster stock then 02-04, and handles a bit better imo. And yea, they're going to at least have a 06. The discontinuation theory is highly debatable, but they've just revised the car and they won't discontinue it after only a year.

And there most likely won't be any changes with the 06.

And the 06 Si is hideous imo. I've seen it in person and I wouldn't be caught dead in one. But LSD does sound nice.

Get an 05. I know I don't regret it. And aftermarket support is good. Modding 05's really good right now. Lots of parts fit that are from 02-04.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not really. u can't use the dampers for the 02-04 on the 05. revised suspension geometry made this possible
Old 06-21-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (carbing'ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carbing’ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

not really. u can't use the dampers for the 02-04 on the 05. revised suspension geometry made this possible </TD></TR></TABLE>yea, that's what I said (RSXisS is my account, but I can't log out of that one so I post under there at home).

I said "lots of 02-04 parts will fit," I never said every single one.

Suspension is one of the things that will not fit.

Intakes on the other hand will fit.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 SOHC VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2005 RSX changes:

* Revised suspension tuning for increased handling precision and a smoother ride
o Ride height reduced by 7 mm
o Optimized damper and spring settings
o Firmer stabilizer bars (front and rear for Type-S)
o Bushings at suspension installation points were optimized
o Inversely wound front coil springs
* Refined steering system for enhanced feel and quicker response
o Quicker steering ratio
o Stiffer steering column
o Pump flow increased by seven percent
o Kickback reduction valve
* Optimized braking system for enhanced stopping power and feel
o Pedal stroke decreased
o Master cylinder diameter increased
o Brake pedal to rigidity increased
* Larger diameter 17-inch alloy wheels and 215/45R17 all-season high-performance tires
* Body rigidity increased 15 percent in front and 21 percent in the rear through the application of reinforcements at key areas
* NVH reduced
o Engine damper added to front subframe to reduce engine rocking and vibration transmitted from the engine to the cabin
o Insulation material added at key points on doors and roof to reduce road noise
o Side-mirror gaps sealed and weather strip added
* More aggressive exterior styling
o New front and rear bumper designs
o Redesigned headlight and taillight assemblies
o Restyled signature 5-sided Acura grille
o Redesigned side sill garnish
o Four new exterior colors: Magnesium Metallic, Vivid Blue Pearl, Jade Green Metallic, Blaze Orange Metallic
* Freshened interior design
o Deeply bolstered front seats with thicker cushions
o New chrome and titanium-look accents
o Meter faces changed from metallic to white
* Additional engine intake and exhaust modifications boost horsepower to 210 at 7800 rpm
o High performance Type R camshafts to improve engine breathing
o Type R Air intake duct for increased air flow
o Larger diameter exhaust pipes to increase exhaust flow
o High flow catalytic converter optimized to reduce exhaust backpressure
* 6-speed transmission optimized with Type R final gear ratio for quicker acceleration and carbon synchronizers replacing brass on 5th and 6th gears for a smoother shift feel
* Larger diameter front strut tower bar
* Bushings replaced by bearings on strut mount
* Deck lid spoiler
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is all this worth the extra cash?
Old 06-21-2005, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (Sephiroth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sephiroth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Is all this worth the extra cash?</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much more is an '05 new over an '04 new? From the testimonies from the people who have switched to '05's from '02-04's they state the changes are worth it. I was just stating the differences, I wasn't saying it was better because of them.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (Sephiroth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sephiroth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Is all this worth the extra cash?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i had an 02 rsx, now own an 05, and yes, the extra money was TOTALLY worth it (even though, the 05 is only slightly more expensive than the 04-S). i love my car. it's quick, comfortable, reliable, gets decent mileage, takes to mods well, and is all around awesome.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (acurate)

05 is a good deal faster than 02-04 stock, and only gets better with boltons. Trust me, all my friends that have 02-04 thinks 05s are better and quicker.

And plus, it looks better except only one of the lights in the back light up, although there is a DIY to rewire the lights for both of them to light up now.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (Blaziniflo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blaziniflo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And plus, it looks better except only one of the lights in the back light up, although there is a DIY to rewire the lights for both of them to light up now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean only one reverse light lights up when backing up?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 SOHC VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You mean only one reverse light lights up when backing up?</TD></TR></TABLE>I mean there are 3 lights on each side of the back.

only the outside light comes on when you're driving with your lights on. The white in the middle is the reflector. The one in the middle only comes on when your parking lights are on.

There's a DIY on CRSX on how to rewire it so both of the red lights come on when driving at night. I plan on doing this ASAP as soon as I have some free time. You have to buy some parts or salvage them off an old civic or rsx at the junkyard.

Everything else on the 05 is better, not just in my opinion but in many people's opinions.

Anyone that tells you that the 05 sucks is just mad that they don't have one and have an 02-04.

Don't have any regrets. You will LOVE your 05.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (Blaziniflo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blaziniflo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Don't have any regrets. You will LOVE your 05.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol I don't have any regrets. I don't really care for the pre-05 RSX's. I love this car.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:59 AM

I defanately love my 2005 NBP Type S. I've driven the 04 and I personally like the 2005 a lot more. I think it fits me better. Even though it's heavier, it responds to the throttle quicker and accelerates much better. The '05 Type S is a great car
Old 06-22-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (PumaDC505)

cant wait for my 05 type-s, and they are allot differnt than the 04's and in 06 they arent changing.

Landon
Old 06-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats new on 05 DC5? (boosted_dc2)

Yeah its hit 3weeks now.. the sales man said 1-3 weeks so i am down to my last week.. I got white by the way..

I didn't get much off the mrsp.. since it is true that they are in somewhat high demand and low supply..

Its going to feel slower then the B-series but be faster by times.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gordie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah its hit 3weeks now.. the sales man said 1-3 weeks so i am down to my last week.. I got white by the way..

I didn't get much off the mrsp.. since it is true that they are in somewhat high demand and low supply..

Its going to feel slower then the B-series but be faster by times.</TD></TR></TABLE>did you really pay close to msrp on your 05 type-s?

You got RIPPED!!!

You can get them for about 500 off invoice now.

Quick Reply: Whats new on 05 DC5?