Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Problem when Braking ITR - Throws to the right Dramatically! Need Advise

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 11:51 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem when Braking ITR - Throws to the right Dramatically! Need Advise

Dear ITR's:

I have a ITR 2000. Two months ago I took it to warranty with the following problem. When I brake hard, or emergency braking from 60 mph or higher, the car pulls to the right dramatically.

I took it to warranty and the blamed at the beginning the steel braided brake lines and porterfield pads. Sure of having a solution, the pads and lines where replaced by factory parts. After the replacement, the car was still doing the problem. Then they replaced the Brake pump, ABS pump, Calipers and measured the fluid pressure to each caliper. They replenished the Brake fluid, but nothing made the problem go away. Also wheels and tires where changed and rotated.

After, that claimed that the measurements of the front suspension was .10 CM off on caster en the right wheel, which is still under specifications. They took the car to a car shop to measure and put the car under specification by adjusting the crossmember. The car was taken back to warranty and aligned but the problem was still there. It has been a month and a half since they started working with the car.

Does anyone has an idea of what can be causing this problem. The car has not been on an accident or sustained any hard hit on the suspension.

If someone has an idea or solution from previous experiences please contact me ebelville@usa.net or leave a post here.

Thanks,

Everett
Old 10-13-2001, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Problem when Braking ITR - Throws to the right Dramatically! Need Advise (Everett)

Sound me like a problem of one of the front shocks or easier a bushing.

When you load the front under hard braking if a bushing doesn't work properly suspension measurements goes out of the specifications.
And when you controll the allignement you cuoldn't find something wrong because the misureaments are taken static not dinamic.

I had a similar problem under breaking. I was lucky because it went away alone.
Let us to know if you will fix it.
Regards.
Paul
Old 10-13-2001, 05:23 AM
INSERT TITLE HERE

Default Re: Problem when Braking ITR - Throws to the right Dramatically! Need Advise (Everett)

This is probably a stupid question, but have you rotated and balanced your tires lately? I forgot to do mine once and it got real squirly under braking and across rough surfaces.
Old 10-13-2001, 07:18 AM
New User

I had a similar problem before. It turned out that I had a slow leak on one of the front tires.