Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

down with tailgaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default down with tailgaters

i was just wondering, do a lot of you ITR drivers get people tailing you every damn day? Either because they're jealous you have an ITR, or because they want to follow you to where you park?
Old 11-13-2004, 03:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: down with tailgaters (PY Type R)

because i throw beer cans at them
Old 11-13-2004, 04:08 AM

they're just drafting... I honestly don't notice it anymore than I do in the Civic.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:40 AM

Default Re: down with tailgaters (baonest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by baonest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">because i throw beer cans at them</TD></TR></TABLE>

A friend of mine with a civic si had some people in an Audi A6 throw a beer bottle at him on the interstate last week. It dented his hood and cracked the **** out of his window. He swerved to try to miss it, but it caught the very corner near where the vin number stamp is. He could have easily had an accident. He got up beside them, showed his gun and told them to pull over. They floored it and took off. He followed and got their tag, but couldn't keep up past 130 or so. They were out of state, but a police report was taken anyway.

Think about what you are doing before you go throwing stuff out of your car, it may not be worth the possible outcome over some dumbass who tries to draft you at 70mph I can't believe he didn't put a couple holes in the back of the Audi: that took a lot of self control.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: down with tailgaters (LSVtecITR)

[QUOTE=LSVtecITR]

A friend of mine with a civic si had some people in an Audi A6 throw a beer bottle at him on the interstate last week. QUOTE]

Ok, the people in the A6 just decided to throw beer bottle out of no where? Or, did your friend instigate it?

I'm just asking, 'cuz it sounds a bit too wild.

And, pulling out a gun on the freeway?!?
Old 11-13-2004, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: down with tailgaters (Cosworth)

break check the **** out of them... then accelerate away.

they love that
Old 11-13-2004, 08:26 AM

Default Re: down with tailgaters (mikestypeRR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikestypeRR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">break check the **** out of them... then accelerate away. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Absolutely true.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: down with tailgaters (opie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by opie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Absolutely true.</TD></TR></TABLE> i try to avoid accidents.. but if someone's tailin me i take them for a spin around a hwy and see how well they can corner an on ramp/off ramp, usually they slow down..gives me an opportunity to get away and hop back on the hwy goin back

funniest thing though while i was at a light, a guy got out of his car(his car was six cars behind mine) and goes up to my window and tells me "you and me now at that next light"...i'm like what??? sure buddy..
Old 11-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: down with tailgaters (Kicker773)

I say if your worried about someone riding your ***, pull the **** over. That person is obviously in more of a hurry than you are so let him go get in an accident with someone else. Brake checking? Come on now... swallow your pride and give the douche bag what he wants and be done with it.

It's like those dumb asses who ride your *** in the right lane, then at the last moment they pass you on the left, cut back over and take the next exit. Let them run into someone elses car. Not yours.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Vt3c y0
Old 11-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i get the usual civics, but i have noticed sometimes trucks mess with me and it pisses me off. i either slow way the hell down and then take off or get behind them.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: down with tailgaters (nightrider)

My buddy has a '56 Chevy. He had some ricer 80's accord on his rear the other night. What the ricer didnt know was that my buddy has a flame thrower kit on his car. So he waited till he was real close on his bumper while we were on the freeway, and shot 6ft flames at him. The Accord backed up real fast. We didnt see him on the freeway again.
I know, doesnt have anything to do with an ITR, but its a funny story that kind of deals with this.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: down with tailgaters (NoBottleJustThrottle)

i had some thug in a new Maxima tailgate me like never before on an off ramp, and i just lost it once we got to a stop. profanities spat, small objects thrown, threats, etc....

i like to think im passionate . i dont know about break checking though, i dont need the extra stress if something goes 'wrong'.

Old 11-13-2004, 12:33 PM
New User

Default Re: down with tailgaters (Cosworth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cosworth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[QUOTE=LSVtecITR]

And, pulling out a gun on the freeway?!? </TD></TR></TABLE> Haha, that's what I was thinking. Another e-thug episode gone wild. "takes self control to not put holes in the back of the audi." Yeah, I guess everybody who gets angry on the freeway should pull out a gun and start shooting at another car. dumbass. On a realistic note, I did have some huge lifted truck tailing me last week, so I tapped my brakes twice for him, then he swerves around me, his passenger throws a couple of coins at my car. Then he proceeded to drive off like his life depended on it. There's just a lot of idiots on the road, and crazy ones at that so you have to be careful how you react to situations. Who knows, you might have someone who doesn't have "self control" end up shooting holes through the back of your car.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: down with tailgaters

I don't know about you guys, but if someone tailgate me, I would just change lane and let them go. Some stupid dumb *** who are ricer would try to race me. It depends on the road condition (like if it is traffic or open road), if it is open road like not too many cars on the freeway, I would go play with them for a while and show them them the power of R in a Civic!!

If it is in traffic, then I would just change lane and let them do whatever they need to do. Don't mess with those guys especially those track guys. I have heard couple news about these kind of things and the guys in trucks pulled out a gun and shoot at the other car. Very dangerous!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PY Type R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was just wondering, do a lot of you ITR drivers get people tailing you every damn day? Either because they're jealous you have an ITR, or because they want to follow you to where you park?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Adjust the rear window washer sprayer to shoot backwards at cars.

If someone is following you too closely - just spray them with fluid.

No harm done - and a good way to get them to back off.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:01 PM

Default Re: down with tailgaters (Big Phat R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Big Phat R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Adjust the rear window washer sprayer to shoot backwards at cars.

If someone is following you too closely - just spray them with fluid.

No harm done - and a good way to get them to back off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

free windshield cleaning lol

shoot vaseline at them y0!!! thatll **** them up real nice.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: down with tailgaters (civic gtr)

Old 11-13-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Re: down with tailgaters (Kicker773)

yeah yo i heard in cali people tailgate at like 80mph. id be ******* scared riding in the car tailgating that fast.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:34 PM
PNB
GatorNATION

Default Re: down with tailgaters (civic gtr)

No point in instigating something by breaking someone.

We all know how it is in American today; people get shot, beaten up, maimed, etc for no reason. No point in increasing that risk.

Just switch lanes and let the ****** go by.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: down with tailgaters (PNB)

brake check the ************ if they r to slow to react u get new parts that i know sounds retarted but when people tail my *** real bad i braje check up. 2 do what i used to do I used to go to home depot or lowes and buy like the biggest ******* hex nut they have like 2.75 was the ones i bought they r real big so let the ******* get right on your *** and if he doesnt back down after a brake check or 2 open up the sun roof and toss that son bitch out and BAM either a fucked up windshield or a nice dent to symbolize what happenes when u drive like a idiot. I dont do that so much anymore i just **** them off by slowing down then when they get in the other lane to pass i downshift and floor it
Old 11-13-2004, 05:58 PM

i have a sentry gun built in the back of my trunk with auto aim
Old 11-13-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: (top fuel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by top fuel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a sentry gun built in the back of my trunk with auto aim </TD></TR></TABLE>

you too? i thought i was the only one!
Old 11-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM CDT)

Maybe you're just not driving fast enough.

I hate tailgaters too
Old 11-13-2004, 06:28 PM

Default Re: down with tailgaters (gsr-2nr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr-2nr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> bought they r real big so let the ******* get right on your *** and if he doesnt back down after a brake check or 2 open up the sun roof and toss that son bitch out</TD></TR></TABLE>

what if my HYPE R doesn't have a sunroof jp

Quick Reply: down with tailgaters