Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

tein suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein suspension

hey HT...anyone on here have a set of tein SS coilovers, and if you do, tell me the pros and cons, and how much do you have it dropped, cuz im in the market for some new suspension upgrades, and i think thats gonna be one of them. im just curious to know some other peoples feed-back on them...thanks!!
Old 04-10-2006, 06:56 AM

Default Re: tein suspension (Type.S)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type.S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got the tein SS and they are beautiful! no problems so far soI guess no cons :D anyways I have it dropped 2 inches but since they are adjustables drop it to where you love it</TD></TR></TABLE>

do you have any kind of camber kit on your car??
Old 04-10-2006, 09:02 AM

Default Re: tein suspension (integra racr04)

theres a huge omni v. tein ss thread floating around...

geezus..let me edit this..im not saying that omni and tein ss are comparable..i referenced this thread because of all the feedback for the tein ss....

but ive the got the ss and they ride great, but probalby a little overpriced jdm bling...def not for competition use...

ive got ingalls on the front and nothing on the back...the spc lcas cut out all my rear camber

Modified by IHTFP at 7:55 AM 4/12/2006
Old 04-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: tein suspension (IHTFP)

have you also read all the feedback about the omni suspension? not lookin so hot..i'm sure he's working on improving the durability of his products, but until then...i'll stick with my TEIN's.

I have the TEIN HA's with ITR LCA's. I had the tokico illumina's with ground controls before this. Definately worth the upgrade. I have my car lowered about 2.25-2.5" drop...car handles and rides a lot better, especially in the turns and going over bumps/dips in the road. No cons in comparison to my old set up.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:41 AM

Default Re: tein suspension (iH8RICERZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iH8RICERZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you also read all the feedback about the omni suspension? not lookin so hot..i'm sure he's working on improving the durability of his products, but until then...i'll stick with my TEIN's.

I have the TEIN HA's with ITR LCA's. I had the tokico illumina's with ground controls before this. Definately worth the upgrade. I have my car lowered about 2.25-2.5" drop...car handles and rides a lot better, especially in the turns and going over bumps/dips in the road. No cons in comparison to my old set up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have read the problems about the omni products, but this thread also has lots of peoples feedback w/ tein ss, which i also have.... i wasnt necessarily recommending omni
Old 04-11-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: tein suspension (Type.S)

i agree with all you guys... i remember when i was in the market to get my suspension, i was looking at the GC/koni package n backed out the last minute to the Tien SS coilovers!! no regrets at all but i hear a lot of you sayin you would never take them to the track or really depend on them for high performance. i would like to eventually get to the track, but am i gonna have to look more into my suspension before i go?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: tein suspension (sleeperteg)

^^^ yes. tein's, as much as they cost, aren't great for track use. doesn't get much better than gc/koni sports(yellows)
Old 04-11-2006, 02:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: tein suspension (IHTFP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHTFP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">theres a huge omni v. tein ss thread floating around...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't even compare those 2 coilovers....dampening adj vs. non is not a comparison in any way. Omnis are junk. My roomy has them, and they just broke.

I would go with the GC/Koni combo if I were you. The SS's are overhyped coils too. For the money GC is they way to go cuz you get to pick your spring rates.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:38 PM

Default Re: tein suspension (IntegraBoy04)

Old 04-12-2006, 08:34 AM

i got the tein ss too recently and the cambers are at : rear -2.2 (fixed) and front -1.7 (adjustable).. the ride on the street is very good!! but anyone care to comment on the camber angle? I'm thinking of getting the camber adjustment kit..and set to stock at rear -1 and front at 0. any comments??
Old 04-12-2006, 08:40 AM

Default Re: tein suspension (dFreezy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dFreezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ yes. tein's, as much as they cost, aren't great for track use. doesn't get much better than gc/koni sports(yellows)</TD></TR></TABLE>

so you think if i make it to the track i will have to spend some more time and money on my suspension? what am i not gettin with the tiens?? or is it a durability issue?
Old 04-12-2006, 08:49 AM

i dont mind not havin a good track ride, cuz i only make it to the track about once or twice a year anyway, im more into the back road drivin and takin hard turns , and stuff like that..
Old 04-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive had my omni sports on since christmas (the new version,thicker collar) and coudlnt be more satisfied. would def. recommend to anyone that wants a stiff, crisp ride. i have used it on the tracks and canyons and couldnt be happier. i was going to go with tein SS's at first but spring rates are too low, and the lower you go with the ride height, the crappier your ride quality. UNLIKE OMNI's, you can drop any height and you will have the same ride quality. so DOUBLE to OMNI's
Old 04-13-2006, 05:39 AM

Default Re: tein suspension (sleeperteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so you think if i make it to the track i will have to spend some more time and money on my suspension? what am i not gettin with the tiens?? or is it a durability issue?</TD></TR></TABLE>

tein ss are not a track oriented suspension..the spring rates are too low, esp in the rear..

they are calle SuperStreet for a reason

they make upper level products for racing
Old 04-14-2006, 09:10 PM

so, does anyone on here that has the SS done any back road driving, how did it turn out?? thats what my purpose of it it...nice smooth ride, and be able to take fast turns...lol...
Old 04-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: (silverhawk_83)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silverhawk_83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got the tein ss too recently and the cambers are at : rear -2.2 (fixed) and front -1.7 (adjustable).. the ride on the street is very good!! but anyone care to comment on the camber angle? I'm thinking of getting the camber adjustment kit..and set to stock at rear -1 and front at 0. any comments??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your car will handle better w/ the current camber settings. Although it is generally better to have more negative camber in front than in back. Your current readings are totally streetable if you keep it aligned with the toe-in kept in check.

And a properly tuned GC/Koni setup is going to get you around a track faster than Tein SS's, unless you were just using crap soft spring rates on the GC's.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:18 AM

Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

tks for the comments!! will jsut keep teh current camber angles then..!! really enjoying the ride noww... very stable during the corners!!