Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

slammed

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slammed

okay my car has tokico shocks with green nuespeed springs.. there was like 11-12 turns of coil.. i cut off like 4 maybe 5.. now my car is so low that when i make a u turn u hear the axle grindin.. or makin some kind of sound like it about to rip out of the tranny.. i got 195 tire on there now.. if i rotate the rear tire that has 205 would that help any of make it worse?
Old 08-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: slammed (soon2bdropped)

my car bottoms out alot.. make a sound like the car just hit the splashguard but theres no splashguard somebody help me.. i think i messed up.. i don't get it.. i see all these integra fully slammed and whatnot.. i never see a problem..
Old 08-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe your tires are rubbing against your fernder or fenderliner.

I don't think swithing your tires will help, i acutally think it might make things worse becuase a 205 tire is wider than a 195, so it will cause more rubbing it thats what it actually doing.

What size rims do you have and what offset? And why would you ever cut your springs. The reason other people are riding so low without problems is because they installed a suspension that could handle a drop like that and choose a correct rim and tire size with the correct offset to help prevent any rubbing.

Ali
Old 08-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOLOL You had a perfectly good set of springs, and you cut them. I suggest you buy new springs, or if you want to be low buy coilovers. I would'nt drive the car the way it is now.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's what you get for cutting aftermarket springs.

Buy new ones and don't even think about cutting them. Slammed cars look gay, handle like ****, and sound like a train wreck everytime there is a bump or turn involved. Don't slam your car...your axles, tires, shocks, tranny, wheel wells, fenders, and potential girlfriends will thank you.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Since your car is bottoming out alot it seems like you are hearing your front upper control arms hitting your shock tower. Basically your car is so low now that there isn't enough suspension travel to absorb the bumps and therefore bottoming out making a loud clanking type sound.

If you really want to be really slammed i would consider getting some Koni Yellows with Ground Control Coilovers and the top hats to help increase the shock travel.

Ali
Old 08-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: slammed (PrinceAli132)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrinceAli132 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you really want to be really slammed i would consider getting some Koni Yellows with Ground Control Coilovers and the top hats to help increase the shock travel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The shock travel on the GC/Koni Yellow setup is very small even with a moderate drop. Top hats aren't going to help much with that. Anything lower than 2" with top hats will bottom out the shock over pretty much every bump.

I have GC/Koni's dropped 1.25"F, 1.0"R and it will still bottom out over relatively small bumps.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: slammed (Sleeper Style)

Tires hitting fender most likely if its when your turning...check your tires, I bet theres some skin missing from being wounded.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: slammed (Sleeper Style)

How stiff were the dampners set on your setup.

From the top hats i believe you receive another 3/4 of an inch of travel which does make a difference. And if you really wanted to help prevent bottoming out a stiffer set of springs would help with a pretty high stiff dampner setting.

Ali
Old 08-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: slammed (PrinceAli132)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrinceAli132 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How stiff were the dampners set on your setup.

From the top hats i believe you receive another 3/4 of an inch of travel which does make a difference. And if you really wanted to help prevent bottoming out a stiffer set of springs would help with a pretty high stiff dampner setting.

Ali</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am running 350F, 450R rates, so I highly doubt stiffer springs would be the answer. Also, the shocks are 1/4 turn from full stiff, so that isn't the problem either. At the most, 3/4" more shock travel would still only allow a max drop of 2", which is not slammed.

The problem lies in the design of the sleeve setup. When the springs go lower, the shock travel is decreased because the shock and spring are two different systems. With a full coilover setup like Tein, the shock travel is not decreased when you go lower because it is one unit that moves together.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:10 PM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

ha, i suggest you get a good set of NEW springs, and dont SLAM your car so low, so it affects the handing worse than before, and is drivable...
IMO
Old 08-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (POE)

so even if i change the tires there no hope? anyways i thinki might go back and see if he still have the originals coilovers and install it..
Old 08-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's right, if you swap the front to the rear it'll probably be worst since their wider back there. Your gonna need a new set of springs, I suggest coilovers if you wanna hammer your ride. When you get sick of the
Old 08-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SmoGuy)

what causes the car 2 sound like a train when i turn.. i think its my axle trying to rip out of the tranny

i'm just gonna go back and get my old struts and have him put it in.. no biggie.. but thats another 100.00 labor.. sucks..

i really can;t drive it like dat seriously..
Old 08-14-2006, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (soon2bdropped)

You need to get something in there to get the car back to a safe height. Being that low you can rip the header out, rip the exhaust off, blow the shocks out.

Get some stock springs, get some cheap ebay springs, just get something in there and get safe again!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Racermech)

Save your money, your gonna need some new springs before you put them struts back on. Here's a few words of couragement, get off your *** and do it yourself. It ain't that hard man, once you pull that bitch out it's smooth sailing from there.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have no tools man... plus don't got time..
Old 08-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"what causes the car 2 sound like a train when i turn.. i think its my axle trying to rip out of the tranny"

its most likely your wheel bearing my teg does the same thing and my wheel bearing is going.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:32 AM

Default Re: (Rhythmsnewsn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soon2bdropped &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have no tools man... plus don't got time..</TD></TR></TABLE>

In the 1 1/2hr you sat here talking about getting this fixed you could of gone out and fixed it.

Tools, all you need is a basic metric ratchet set. If you are putting on aftermarket springs again I doubt you will even need a spring compressor.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You ask alot of questions, then go on to make your own speculations and say your gonna do something totally different, GET NEW SPRINGS AND DONT CUT THEM, YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rhythmsnewsn)

i mean when ur slammed.. and ur making a U-turn axle makes a wierd noise like it wants to pop out or its binding..
Old 08-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (soon2bdropped)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soon2bdropped &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i mean when ur slammed.. and ur making a U-turn axle makes a wierd noise like it wants to pop out or its binding..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Probably because it is. With a ride height that low, the geometry of the suspension changes so much that the axle is more likely to bind.

Slammed cars are rediculous. Function over form.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:32 PM
They let me pick

Why the hell did you cut your springs?
Old 08-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Semper Fidelis

Default Re: (Sleeper Style)

There is nothing wrong with slammed cars. I am dropped on Omni's and have had no problems. I don't hear any grinding or rubbing when I drive or turn. The only thing I encounter is a little scrapage here and there but nothing major.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Re: slammed (mrdeadman)

thats interesting...

im sitting on kyb's with ebay coilovers, dropped 3-4 inches on 13" tires and my handling is fine, only thing i bottom out on is rail road tracks

Quick Reply: slammed