Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Shaking in the front!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaking in the front!!!

I've noticed that there been alotof shaking in the front of my car. I 've changed axles twice and am in the process of changing the bushings. I did notice that there were soome tearing in the Front LCA bushings. I think thats the problem but was told that because I have high mileage on my tranny, that it could be the tranny Diff located inside. Has any one had tis problem??
Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shaking in the front!!!

did you get an alignment after changing your axles?

also could be your tires.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it under acceleration? Is it shaking all the time? Have you checked the tires? Separation?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i just logged onto H-T to find a mention of this exact problem I'm having with my EG Civic. it's an automatic EX with 137,000 miles on it, if that means anything to you guys.

there's almost always a slight vibration, like the tires a hair out of balance, but my tires all balance out at 0.00 every time (i check periodically at work). there are certain 'pockets' of vibration, usually around 20-25mph and mostly from about 35-45 mph. most of the time it just randomly starts, but i can make the car do it by just keeping my foot at the exact same spot on the gas pedal... very constant speed, as if on cruise control.

it feels as though it's some sort of resonance that builds and builds until it's literally shaking the whole car and i have to slow down a bit, then it's fine again. i tried to describe it to a friend of mine and i figured out that it's the same thing as getting a shopping cart with a bum wheel... you know, the one that's wobbly and shakes the whole cart. when you're going slow it's fine, but once you speed up it goes nuts.

the thing that confuses me though is that when it's at its worst, i can keep my foot at the exact same spot on the gas but just pop the car into neutral and it instantly goes away, even as the engine revs in neutral. this makes me think it's something motor/trans mount related.

any insight would be great!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My car has that really weird tire bounce when I start off on the line. I've been told that it could be the OEM motor mounts just right pounded through, or my clutch & flywheel worn out. Bought new Innovative Motor Mounts, B series clutch and a Competition Clutch lightened flywheel and now just waiting for my mechanic to get home so he can fix it. Is that something what's going on with your car too?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its not the mounts, i was told to change the tires when it was aligned but looking at the wear it was even. i thought they were just getting me to buy some stuff. ill check that hoprfully it changes the results.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah my tires are on their last summer too but that's a first to hear that it's the tires. I mean sure tread plays a roll in keeping on the road but from off the line and it's not like a race... it's from a red light and an ease into the gears. This sorta makes me worried now. Hm.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

same issue, had bought the car lowered after 6 months started shakeing/vibrating in second and would smoothout by mid point of second and bacicly started vibrating again around 60mph ,
parts changed.

whole new set of rubber all the way around, balanceing is a no brainer at this point
new axles
did brake job
new shocks and springs
camber kit then realigned
new bearings on all 4 wheels
still vibrations at 60mph tho the second gear rolls smooth now

im doing the tourqe mounts next as i see the mounts are starting to sag and look as if they started to crack.

all this sux because im down to doing bushings and it seems after that there is simply nothing left to replace at this point...... it would suck to go the distance and find that a tranny issue is causeing all this lmao im still on the chase to make my 10 year old car drive like new lmao
Old 08-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Unless you are getting axles with a damper, then changing may give more of the same. OEM, acutal OEM rebuild with damper left, or Raxles.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did you ever get the resolve for this ? .....
Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes I did. It was the Tires. i went out and bought some Falken 502 for now.

Are you having the same problem?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

reading your previous post after changing all the components you did. sounds like it could be the differential in the tranny. that is worst case scenario.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yup i was getting it in 2nd like evryone else and the new axles resolved the lower speed vibration now im just getting the 70-80 mph surgeing vibration. im woundering how bad the bearings in the diff are to replace ewwww.