Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

repainting

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repainting

honestly my car is faded and i need to fix it. up.

as you can see here i need a paint job.. .its like that all the way to the top;.and to the rear. only on the top from sun damage..
paint is so expensive is there anything i could do to make it look good and cheaper?
what is a good paint shop? maaco? and estimated how much?

would it be cheaper to get a carbon fiber hood?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: repainting

Originally Posted by theazndog
honestly my car is faded and i need to fix it. up.

as you can see here i need a paint job.. .its like that all the way to the top;.and to the rear. only on the top from sun damage..
paint is so expensive is there anything i could do to make it look good and cheaper?
what is a good paint shop? maaco? and estimated how much?

would it be cheaper to get a carbon fiber hood?
YOU'DE BE BETTER OFF GETTING IT BUFFED OUT AND CLEAR RE CLEAR COATED. BUT IF YOU BUFF IT AND IT DOESN'T BEGIN TO GET IT'S NATURAL SHINE BACK THEN YES YOU WILL NEED A PAINT JOB...
sorry for the screaming. lol.

you would only need half a gallon of paint which should only run you about $70 - 80 plus a clear coat kit. 180 grit sand paper 400 grit wet sand... if you do all the prep work your srlf it shouldn't run you any w=more then 100 to repaint the damage areas.
Best paint to go for is WANDA and a good clear coat is Finish 1.

btw where do you live.
i have a 94 black LS and i'm repainting it championship white with a pearl. if you live in GA i can help you out very cheap

Last edited by DC5toDC2; 06-10-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by DC5toDC2
YOU'DE BE BETTER OFF GETTING IT BUFFED OUT AND CLEAR RE CLEAR COATED. BUT IF YOU BUFF IT AND IT DOESN'T BEGIN TO GET IT'S NATURAL SHINE BACK THEN YES YOU WILL NEED A PAINT JOB...
sorry for the screaming. lol.

btw where do you live.
i have a 94 black LS and i'm repainting championship white with a pearl. if you live in GA i can help you out very cheap
im working at a body shoop this summer and i did buff it.. it got a little redder but it was still pink
im in l.a like alhambra area.
i live near GA.. Glendale?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'll get you a quote from my guys when i go back to the shop on friday. i'll take this photo off the laptop and show them. put more pics up tho so they can see what there working with....
Old 06-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. Your integra probably wants to kill the last owner/the sun.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:24 AM

anyo know how uch this will cost?
Old 06-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How much does a paint job cost? I need one one my integra. With some dents fixed too. Any estimated amounts?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2009, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by katanamast279
How much does a paint job cost? I need one one my integra. With some dents fixed too. Any estimated amounts?

Thanks
hahha same.. is your pain as bad as mine?
Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Rub some 'tussin on it, that'll fix it
Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

be careful tryin to buff that theres not much clear left on there. you can burn throught the paint very easily
Old 06-11-2009, 10:40 AM

anyone know if maaco is good?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone know if maaco is good?
To put it simply, no theyre not.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Da*n sun, my wife's teg is getting a paint job here in the next few weeks. I wanted to change the color to the Acura pewter color but that cost a whole lot more. So I'm thinking having it painted to original silver maybe a shade darker hardly noticeable and a dark blue pearl sprayed on it.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 PM

Icon5 Re: repainting

Originally Posted by itslogz
To put it simply, no theyre not.
i just want somthing that will look good for a reasonable amount of time
Old 06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just want somthing that will look good for a reasonable amount of time
Where do you live?

Maaco can possibly be good, if you go in and tell them what you're looking for, and talk to the person whos going to be painting it, tell him that you're really concerned with the outcome, shoot him a $100 tip or something before he starts and it might come out decent. I was gonna do maaco, got a quote for $750 with all body work for a single stage paint job, ended up just going with a local on the side painter whos known for amazing work for $2000 out the door with all body work with Sikkens base/clear milano red. Itd be best to find a guy who does it on the side and tell him you want a cheap single stage job but the prep work done right, if i was in your position.

Btw my hood/roof/trunk looked about like yours, and plenty of dents to go along with it lol i had to do something about it.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Reject Papi

try summit racing. i did a build thread on my ef hatch a few months back. i'd use their paint anytime. awesome outcome. and its only around 70 bucks a gallon. or if you have a baps near where you live, i'd try them too.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by itslogz
Where do you live?

Maaco can possibly be good, if you go in and tell them what you're looking for, and talk to the person whos going to be painting it, tell him that you're really concerned with the outcome, shoot him a $100 tip or something before he starts and it might come out decent. I was gonna do maaco, got a quote for $750 with all body work for a single stage paint job, ended up just going with a local on the side painter whos known for amazing work for $2000 out the door with all body work with Sikkens base/clear milano red. Itd be best to find a guy who does it on the side and tell him you want a cheap single stage job but the prep work done right, if i was in your position.

Btw my hood/roof/trunk looked about like yours, and plenty of dents to go along with it lol i had to do something about it.
i work at a body shop and they quoted my car for 2k but dam i dont have that money..
700 is so more reasobale for me.. and even though the 2k is lifetime. the maaco paint is 700 and will last like 5 years and well i can paint it twice for 1400 its so much more reasonable
Old 06-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Reject Papi

if you have a garage at your house, or access to one, you can make your own paint booth. i did it when i painted my car. total cost in paint, and supplies, was only around 270 bucks. i paid 500 bucks to my buddy to do all the rust repair and to shoot most of the paint on the car.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by jhammond_82
if you have a garage at your house, or access to one, you can make your own paint booth. i did it when i painted my car. total cost in paint, and supplies, was only around 270 bucks. i paid 500 bucks to my buddy to do all the rust repair and to shoot most of the paint on the car.
im afraid of messing up
and its a spot painting so i have to match it.. no?
Old 06-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if it just the whole front end and roof. then you can just blend the front into the doors. but if your deck lid is faded too just paint the whole car. imho i would just paint the whole thing anyway
Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Reject Papi

i say if your gonna do it, why not just do the whole thing? top, bottom, front, back, jambs, ect... you'll be happier with it in the long run.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by jhammond_82
i say if your gonna do it, why not just do the whole thing? top, bottom, front, back, jambs, ect... you'll be happier with it in the long run.
i dont have 2000 dollars to spend.
my max is like 600 to 800... and if i do paint the whole thing i should just change the color. hahah
is it cheaper to do spot painting or to have the overall thing done.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

$2000 just to respray a car? thats a bit high you could get a JDM conversion installed and painted for that price. if theres no body work i say wet sand it at work yourself buy the paint through your job so its cheaper. then just have someone there spray it. i bought a gallon of omin plus cypress green pearl, gallon of clear, and harder cost me $360 thats at dealer price which you should be able to get working at a shop. and there is alot cheaper paint then that
Old 06-12-2009, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by JDM 98 GSR
$2000 just to respray a car? thats a bit high you could get a JDM conversion installed and painted for that price. if theres no body work i say wet sand it at work yourself buy the paint through your job so its cheaper. then just have someone there spray it. i bought a gallon of omin plus cypress green pearl, gallon of clear, and harder cost me $360 thats at dealer price which you should be able to get working at a shop. and there is alot cheaper paint then that
is it cheaper to respray the car or get spt painted?
Old 06-13-2009, 08:10 PM
New User

well spot painting in your case would almost be the whole car. Trying blend it will be tough to. IMHO Id fix any dents myself then seal my body work wet sand the whole thing up to 1000 grit. DONT CUT THROUGH TO METAL or youll have to seal the bare metal spots. Then take it to your work tape it off and base/clear it youll be much happier with the outcome. When it come to body work the time spent prepping is what makes or breaks you. That said anything that will come off with relatively easy take it off before you paint. Nothings worse than seeing tape lines next to seals and moldings......

Quick Reply: repainting