Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

PLEASE HELP!! Clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!! Clutch issues

Hey guys,
Ok, so yesterday I started my car and my clutch felt a little strange. I didnt think too much of it, as it seemed to go away shortly after.
Well, tonight, I could definately tell there was something wrong for sure. I hop into my car, clutch in ...pause, that didnt feel right. I let the clutch out, and it comes about 50% of the way out, just like normal, then it hesitates the rest of the way. WEIRD! So, I pump the clutch a few times, and I could still tell there was something wrong, but again, it kind of went away. Well, I went for a quick 5 minute spin, and the problem didnt really go away. I have no pressure in the clutch till its about 50% pressed in, then it feels like its grabbing. The clutch even at that point feels light. And I noticed it grabs really close to the floor now.
Any ideas guys? Please help me out!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Clutch issues (NoBottleJustThrottle)

master amd/or slave clutch cylinder are bad. Always replace bot at the same time. You can buy them at autozone or a store like that for fairly cheap.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Clutch issues (neogenesis2004)

Is it pretty bad to roll around with it like it is? I dont plan on doing it for long, but I just dont have the time to replace it right now.
And how cheap, is fairly cheap?
Thanks for the info.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:51 PM

check your clutch fluid before buying master or slave cylinder.. you could just be low on fluid.. if you're not low.. does the clutch slip or chatter? maybe you need a new pressure plate or disc.. i've had your problem before, turned out i needed a new pressure plate and my disc was shattered into 3 pieces.. do you beat on it alot?
Old 01-12-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Clutch issues (LSRracing95)

Sounds like a bad clutch master cylinder to me. If your pressure plate was bad the pedal feels super soft throughout the whole range, not just half way down. Check the clutch master cylinder first. Yes, make sure there it is filled to the correct level. Also, make sure the slave is not leaking or is bad and that the lines are bled free of air. If so, then the master is likely bad. When the clutch master goes bad, the seals slowly fail, so if you pump it a few time sit gets better, but the problem will always come back. You can look at the plunger and see if itis wet, if so, itis likely on the way out. Best to replace it. By the way, I wouldn't necessarily replace the slave cylinder unless you just like spending extra cash.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Clutch issues (LSRracing95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSRracing95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">check your clutch fluid before buying master or slave cylinder.. you could just be low on fluid.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

There would be a reason why the fluid would be low......I'm guessing that either the master or slave or both cylinders are bad.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Clutch issues (chrisnova)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrisnova &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like a bad clutch master cylinder to me. If your pressure plate was bad the pedal feels super soft throughout the whole range, not just half way down. Check the clutch master cylinder first. Yes, make sure there it is filled to the correct level. Also, make sure the slave is not leaking or is bad and that the lines are bled free of air. If so, then the master is likely bad. When the clutch master goes bad, the seals slowly fail, so if you pump it a few time sit gets better, but the problem will always come back. You can look at the plunger and see if itis wet, if so, itis likely on the way out. Best to replace it. By the way, I wouldn't necessarily replace the slave cylinder unless you just like spending extra cash. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Clutch issues (Team_MISCHIEF_916)

There is for sure no leaking anywhere. I double checked all of that. Thanks for the advice, Im just going to go ahead and get a new master and slave cylinder. Shouldnt be that expensive. I hope that fixes the problem. I would hate to replace the pressure plate and all that jazz.
Thanks again guys.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NoBottleJustThrottle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is for sure no leaking anywhere. I double checked all of that. Thanks for the advice, Im just going to go ahead and get a new master and slave cylinder. Shouldnt be that expensive. I hope that fixes the problem. I would hate to replace the pressure plate and all that jazz.
Thanks again guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would only replace the part that is bad. Why spend extra cash to replace a good part?
Old 01-22-2005, 10:22 AM

There is no need to replace a slave cylinder just because you replaced the master. check around the 'box and be sure there is no fluid leaking from the slave, no point in wasting money on a master if thats not the prob...although it is likely. if you have to take the 'box out to replace the slave, you might as well at least put in a clutch disc, maybe a kit, once the 'box is out its pretty easy work, save having to do it again and at least you know its all good.